“A Deadly Force Returns” Teaser

CourtneyWoods

i have plenty of theory's into this, 1) its anyone under the mask and indeed it could be anyone. 2) as someones already said could be the emperor using his body or 3) its a clone and maybe even more than one of them. prior to the foundry Revan only wanted to destroy the empire now he wants to destroy the republic as well, this sounds a lil like clone insanity working its way in to the mind here and i believe each class gets a hint about whats to come from a mail in game after they have completed "Legacy of the Rakata" ... not too sure about that but it for sure seems like Revan's gone off the deepend somewhere... but there is some good news ... i get to kill him again XD

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its not just one ops or a fp. I hope its a full expac with new level cap, new gear tiers, at LEAST 2 new ops (3 would be awesome but i doubt it), and 2 new wz's. THAT would be worth the wait for me. ;)

I seriously doubt it will be 3 ops, just from a gearing perspective, unless one of them is like TC with a single boss that drops a random token. Two ops with 5 or 6 bosses each seems most likely, unless they're going to revise the loot system somehow. But now that I think about it a bit, it's probably a good idea to have a single boss op. TC SM (and maybe HM if the group is good) is still the most advertised line impside on JC, aside from EV HM.

" I will finish what I ´ve started " what thing?, save the galaxy,? taking it over?

I just hope it will be better than can be spoilered from this video or the forge allianace Story Arcs series.

what he means by that is that he is going to continue his fight against tenebrae ( emperor vitiate)

until he is dead.. the galaxy is not safe

revan wont allow what vitiate did to nathema to be done to the galaxy

The hate is strong in this thread. And board.

I remember all the complaints at launch, before and after: Where is Revan? Where is the connection to KotOR? It feels like a totally new game. Disappointed. Ragequit. Pew pew.

Now we get what was heavily requested. And people are like: Who wants Revan? Old stuff from KotOR is boring. Disappointed. Ragequit. Pew pew.

This "teaser" is obviously meant for people who haven't played Swtor in a while and are teased to come back. They can be like: Wait, what, is this Revan? What's going on?

Who of you forumites needs a teaser for new game content? Don't be so ridiculous, please.

This "teaser" is obviously meant for people who haven't played Swtor in a while and are teased to come back. They can be like: Wait, what, is this Revan? What's going on?

Who of you forumites needs a teaser for new game content? Don't be so ridiculous, please.

Sometimes its good to have an eye opener seeing what content is coming out there, however the teaser itself didn't really convince any of my friends that I used to play with on Vornskr to come back either except it just leaves us wondering right now, it might bring more players back or new ones, that's the catch.

Hah! Let's hope so! Revan's been in circulation longer than yer typical $1 bill, only a $1 is still worth something. I am all for companies going Green, and trying to conserve resources. But the imagination is not harmful to the environment, so you don't need to recycle Star Wars characters.

Revan?!?! Really?!?! Can somebody please tell me what they see in this character? I have never understood the appeal.* This is actually a serious question. FYI, I am not a hater who is thinks Revan "sucks." But at the same time, I have never found him to be interesting in any way.

I'm still looking forward to some new content, Revan or not! :)

* Note: I never played KOTOR

Well, if you never played the games the character was designed, and the lore surrounding him, was created and implimented in....no duh you wouldn't understand them. Do some Google research on the character, and it should pull up a few things. He did things no other character in SW ever had, or has since so he naturally gets a lot of subject matter, and hype around him due to it. Would be nice to see the character have some justice to it, but honestly the odds of it being really well done to the character's legacy is low with this company.

Well, if you never played the games the character was designed, and the lore surrounding him, was created and implimented in....no duh you wouldn't understand them. Do some Google research on the character, and it should pull up a few things. He did things no other character in SW ever had, or has since so he naturally gets a lot of subject matter, and hype around him due to it. Would be nice to see the character have some justice to it, but honestly the odds of it being really well done to the character's legacy is low with this company.

Well, Starkiller has flip-flopped between Jedi and Sith a couple more times than Revan has, and almost killed Darth Sidious, who is supposedly the most powerful Sith ever. I'm waiting for the Force Unleashed MMO to come out as a sequel to those games :p

The hate is strong in this thread. And board.

I remember all the complaints at launch, before and after: Where is Revan? Where is the connection to KotOR? It feels like a totally new game. Disappointed. Ragequit. Pew pew.

Now we get what was heavily requested. And people are like: Who wants Revan? Old stuff from KotOR is boring. Disappointed. Ragequit. Pew pew.

Thing is they keep doing it wrong.

In that case Revan was needed @launch.

Then ok, they fixed the issue but now they are overdoing it.

Few more examples:

• People wanted multiplayer space sim and they ruined it with GSF.
  • About housing they add it without free item placement and a system that's more cumbersome.
  • They added gear dyes, in the worst iteration possible.
  • Now adaptive gear is a pain to manage with mods and once again inferior to what other games do with gear tabs.
  • Conquest? Destroyed too many small guilds.

You'd wish they aim to be as good as what's done in other MMO and at least have a decent communication with the player base.

Edited by Deewe

Well, .. I ´ve been watching the video again and again trying to get some clue,( I ´m a f........ adict to this game and SW universe as well) .. and think this enviroment showed behind the guy with Revan´s clothes ( we still don´t have the certainty that it be him) could be the Sith Temple on Malachor V.

According to the novel, there Revan found the clue about a planet called Metria, which its name had been changed to Natheema, following this trace he and Malak came finally to Drumond Kass ( this was during Mandalorian Wars, before the KOTOR events) and found that original Sith Empire being rebuilding.

So well managed this turn in the story could be interesting, because don´t forget that the Sith emperor is still alive and waiting for his return, appart that Jakarro in some way linked the story arc with Onderon, which also means Dxun moon, and the Galactic Starfighters mission linked with Kuat ships factories, so three powers playing against eachothers and new interesting planets to explore are coming up

The only problem I see is we had killed Revan in the Foundry mission.How do I know that? because he kept liying on the floor after the sith striking team attacked him, he should be dead already.

Well, .. I ´ve been watching the video again and again trying to get some clue,( I ´m a f........ adict to this game and SW universe as well) .. and think this enviroment showed behind the guy with Revan´s clothes ( we still don´t have the certainty that it be him) could be the Sith Temple on Malachor V.

According to the novel, there Revan found the clue about a planet called Metria, which its name had been changed to Natheema, following this trace he and Malak came finally to Drumond Kass ( this was during Mandalorian Wars, before the KOTOR events) and found that original Sith Empire being rebuilding.

So well managed this turn in the story could be interesting, because don´t forget that the Sith emperor is still alive and waiting for his return, appart that Jakarro in some way linked the story arc with Onderon, which also means Dxun moon, and the Galactic Starfighters mission linked with Kuat ships factories, so three powers playing against eachothers and new interesting planets to explore are coming up (...)

Malachor V was destroyed. There is nothing left aside an asteroid field and what not.

Also, after the battle of Malachor V, the planet became a barren wasteland. In the teaser, the vegetation to the right of Revan would imply he's somewhere else.

(...) The only problem I see is we had killed Revan in the Foundry mission.How do I know that? because he kept liying on the floor after the sith striking team attacked him, he should be dead already.

Where was the body again? He disappeared in a flash of light. There was no body to speak of.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Malachor V was destroyed. There is nothing left aside an asteroid field and what not.

Also, after the battle of Malachor V, the planet became a barren wasteland. In the teaser, the vegetation to the right of Revan would imply he's somewhere else.

Where was the body again? He disappeared in a flash of light. There was no body to speak of.

If you do enough damage to him at once, you can kill him instead of him disappearing, like you can with the Annihilator droid in Eternity Vault. It's just a bug though. Same with Malgus, they could choose to bring him back if they go with the original canonical ending to the FP.

If you do enough damage to him at once, you can kill him instead of him disappearing, like you can with the Annihilator droid in Eternity Vault. It's just a bug though. Same with Malgus, they could choose to bring him back if they go with the original canonical ending to the FP.

I don't remember ever seeing that with Revan since the open Beta days.

The one with Malgus I experienced several times before they changed it though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked