Allow Me To Pick My Warzone

Kashley

What imbalance issue exists that would cause the imps to consistently get hutt ball?

It's similar to what happened in WoW. The majority of the PvP crowd went to the "bad guys", i.e. Horde, just like in SWTOR they went Imperial.

To answer some questions brought up:

The reason that imps would get huttball more is huttball allows for the same factions to play

against eachother. Since most servers are heavily imperial favored, they are matched together more and thus put into huttball.

Yes, republic warzones, in my experience, have been very balanced between the three.

Although it is a pain playing all the sith premades here on anchorhead.

My main point:

It is true that selectively queueing would indeed (possibly quite drastically) increase queue times. However warzone balance could be achieved while maintaining low queue times.

This could be done by allowing jedi vs jedi and sith vs sith on every warzone. This would allow the warzone destination to be completely random while keeping the queue times low. Also this would eliminate the issue of factional imbalance; since either can queue against either, it becomes irrelevent (in warzone pvp) which faction has more members.

Granted, this is rather controversial and goes against the actual story obviously. Thus I would suggest that this be implemented only on PVP servers. RPers would be quite angry if this happened on their servers I believe, but if PVP servers are about pvp and if this improves that, then I believe it should be considered.

OP you may like waiting in queues, but the vast majority of the playerbase doesnt want to sit there waiting.

When you're lvl50 and trying to farm PVP gear, wasting 20+ mins for each warzone you'll immediately change your tune.

Well, you could still have the option to queue for all 3 warzones, thus reducing your queue time while other players are able to CHOOSE to wait longer for a specific warzone.

OP you may like waiting in queues, but the vast majority of the playerbase doesnt want to sit there waiting.

When you're lvl50 and trying to farm PVP gear, wasting 20+ mins for each warzone you'll immediately change your tune.

I'm 50, and I would much rather wait for Alderaan where it's far easier to get 75-80 comms in a match then compared to huttball.

I'm with you on this issue , I also want to add some of my suggestions since there is no suggestion thread anymore .

- You should get social points for grouping in pvp not just pve areas and pve dungeons .

-You should be able to Que for pvp at level 1

-Fix the issue of being logged out when joining the warzones .

That's all I can think of right now . :)

like some people have said, i don't mind playing huttball either. But the fact that i play 5 or 6 huttball's before i even get alderaan or voidstar is very disheartening. It get's kind of agrevating actualy. Edited by kopecs

To answer some questions brought up:

My main point:

It is true that selectively queueing would indeed (possibly quite drastically) increase queue times. However warzone balance could be achieved while maintaining low queue times.

This could be done by allowing jedi vs jedi and sith vs sith on every warzone. This would allow the warzone destination to be completely random while keeping the queue times low. Also this would eliminate the issue of factional imbalance; since either can queue against either, it becomes irrelevent (in warzone pvp) which faction has more members.

Granted, this is rather controversial and goes against the actual story obviously. Thus I would suggest that this be implemented only on PVP servers. RPers would be quite angry if this happened on their servers I believe, but if PVP servers are about pvp and if this improves that, then I believe it should be considered.

I like this idea very much, however I know a lot of the lore fanatics would disagree with it. Maybe it could be optional, like, a choice where you can select "queue against opposite faction only" in the queue screen. I dont know. I just know at this moment myself and a lot of other folks are on strike due to the frequency of Huttball.

BioWare,

While I understand you want to make sure people do not have long waits to pvp, you really need to make it possible to select which warzone you want to compete in. I am literally sick to death of Huttball, and honestly its a sorry excuse for a warzone. I bloody hate it. I would gladly sit in the queue an additional 20 minutes or so and quest if I thought I was going to ENJOY the warzone I was going to play. However, for some reason in Huttball my fps drop down to nill which makes it impossible to play. I currently have just rage quit on PvP because its the only one I get mixed in with the occasional Voidstar which I happen to really like. This option needs to be a priority fix now.

I agree it would be nice to pick, but I think Hutball is great. Its the hardest one out there and the more I play it and learn about it the more I like it. I think its complexity, or percieved complexity, is what tunrs off a lot of people to it. That and it requires a higher level of team cooperation and coordination to be real good at it.

On the other hand, I wouldnt want to force anyone to do anything they dont want to do. So, I would have to go for make all pvp zones elective. Personally i would say wait til the have a couple more made, but ASAP is fine too.

• 2 weeks later...
BioWare,

While I understand you want to make sure people do not have long waits to pvp, you really need to make it possible to select which warzone you want to compete in. I am literally sick to death of Huttball, and honestly its a sorry excuse for a warzone. I bloody hate it. I would gladly sit in the queue an additional 20 minutes or so and quest if I thought I was going to ENJOY the warzone I was going to play. However, for some reason in Huttball my fps drop down to nill which makes it impossible to play. I currently have just rage quit on PvP because its the only one I get mixed in with the occasional Voidstar which I happen to really like. This option needs to be a priority fix now.

Agreed.

I cant understand why some people dont get the simple fact that a lot of people dont want to play hutt ball 24 hrs day.

How can anyone object to having a choice,you can still play it if you want to surely you cant be saying that you want the rest of the team to be forced to play with you.

Just because i select a option not to play the damm game does not stop anyone else.

To me its not a good pvp experince as it seems certain classes have a advantage,and dont tell me to l2p as i dont want to play it anymore had enough of it ok let me que for another wont effect you.

They better start adding bonuses to random queues if they do this then.

Just because people can't grasp huttball's mechanics and want to play voidstar so they can just attack anything in sight is an annoying reason to abandon a warzone.

I can tell you if it happens huttball is all I'll queue for and most people I know (we don't play on an imbalanced faction btw).

Im glad people love huttball im happy they enjoy playing it,its not that i cant grasp the mecanics of it,simply put id like to have a break from it.

If they cant or dont want to put a que system in it why at least cant i have a check box not to play it.surley that wont effect the huttballers.

BioWare,

Ummmm.... FAIL

Do you people ever read the patch notes or Dev threads? OMG They already said this is a feature that is coming.

:tran_tongue: /delete more braincells