Saboteur vs Dirty Fighting: Which one has an easier rotation?

Volxen

I’ve exclusively played the Sharpshooter spec on my gunslinger up until now, but now I want to try one of the other two specs. I eventually want to try both Saboteur and Dirty Fighting, but for now I want to focus on just one of them. Of those two specs, which one has the easier rotation? Which one provides better survivability in PVP?

I played with DF on my Gunslinger, and it is a very easy spec to keep yourself doing something useful (well, infinite DoTs and CC). It feels very opportunistic. If you chose DF, I highly recommend Holdout Defense, it really helps to get out of the enforced melee and back at a range.

However, I am going to try Engineering on my Sniper. If you read up on Saboteur, it gives you better AoE but what worries me is that it requires precision placement of the Hightale It. I know that when I play DF my Hightails are hard to get precise, unlike jumps that are targeted.

Well, I am a noob, so anyone comes over and tells you differently, listen to them :)

Edited by DomiSotto

Ill give you my experience with both.

Sab: This thing is a slaughtering machine, as long as you arent noticed, you can kill anyone and anything. This class burns healers to a nice crisp ready to eat, and boils tanks alive. you also have alot of utility because of Balistic Shield and Sabotage, and you can get a few healing medals also for your In-Cover self healing and Sabotage.

Dirty Fighting: One trick pony. dot em up and let loose with the Wounding Shots, hardly any utility and way too easy to play. It has one of the simplist rotations in the game... Dot 1 > Dot 2 > Trauma Shot > Hemorrhaging Blast > Wounding Shots > Quickdraw > Speed Shots > Repeat

If you like to survive and be able to kill, pick sab. if you like to spend most of your match in the respawn room, pick DF, if you want to spend ALL of your match in the respawn room, pick Sharpshooter.

Ill give you my experience with both.

Sab: This thing is a slaughtering machine, as long as you arent noticed, you can kill anyone and anything. This class burns healers to a nice crisp ready to eat, and boils tanks alive. you also have alot of utility because of Balistic Shield and Sabotage, and you can get a few healing medals also for your In-Cover self healing and Sabotage.

Dirty Fighting: One trick pony. dot em up and let loose with the Wounding Shots, hardly any utility and way too easy to play. It has one of the simplist rotations in the game... Dot 1 > Dot 2 > Trauma Shot > Hemorrhaging Blast > Wounding Shots > Quickdraw > Speed Shots > Repeat

If you like to survive and be able to kill, pick sab. if you like to spend most of your match in the respawn room, pick DF, if you want to spend ALL of your match in the respawn room, pick Sharpshooter.

Lol yeah, that's one reason why I am trying other specs. While Sharpshooter is fun and has great single target burst, it's just way too easy to get focused down. I've been playing Saboteur lately, and being able to do two back-to-back rolls for 36m (via Sabotage) is such a life saver, not to mention being able to have up to 40 consecutive seconds of CC immunity. Plus being able to constantly slow people and regularly stun them with Incendiary Grenade and Shock Charge is so much fun. :D

Edited by Volxen

Just because you are DF doesn't mean you won't get focused down. The saving grace is that you can do a lot of DoT'ing while running around maniacally, and when it's safe to do so will be picking out the squishies from cover.... it's fun, but the spec is not immortal. :) It might be closer to what you are doing before though. Edited by DomiSotto

Just because you are DF doesn't mean you won't get focused down. The saving grace is that you can do a lot of DoT'ing while running around maniacally, and when it's safe to do so will be picking out the squishies from cover.... it's fun, but the spec is not immortal. :) It might be closer to what you are doing before though.

I haven't actually played DF yet. For the past several years I've been playing Sharpshooter/Marksman on my gunslinger/sniper, and I am very familiar with that spec. I've been playing Saboteur lately, and I can definitely say it provides a lot more survivability over Sharpshooter (and presumably over DF as well).

I probably will try DF at some point, but the main reason I've deviated from Sharpshooter is because of it's lackluster survivability. But I get the gist that DF also suffers from lackluster survivability, perhaps even moreso than Sharpshooter, so I will probably be sticking with Saboteur for the time being.