New Flashpoints, Operations, and Warzones, but what about extending the class stories

Majestic_Jazz

Okay, I am excited to see that as early as next month, we will be getting a new flashpoint and an extended Operation. It is also confirmed that there will be new Warzones and even a revamped Space Combat system and who knows how cool that may be [space PvP?] They even talked about how the Legacy system will continue to grow.

Basically they have talked about EVERYTHING but what they sold the game on, which is player story. I haven't even finished my Trooper story yet and I have been playing him since the 13th. I might finish Chapter 1 sometime tomorrow or on Monday. When I do finish his whole story, I still have a Imperial Agent, Jedi Consular, and Sith Warrior to play which at this pace, could take me well into the summer of next year to finish because I still have other games to play like Mass Effect 3, SSX4 and so on. So I am not really complaining about getting bored without new story content.

However, I will say that when the time comes and I do finish all the 4 class stories that I want to play, eventually warzones, flashpoints, and operations will get old because it will become repetitive, especially the flashpoints/operations. The only reason I got this game was the promise of story in a MMO and currently, my expectations have been meet 10x. This is why I am slightly worried that it will be a ways off before Bioware releases an expansion or patch that extends the stories of each class. It does not have to be anything major, perhaps they could release 2-3 new planets with their own unique faction stories and include class stories for all 8 classes that take place after Chapter 3.

Again, I am just worried how Bioware has been talking about future content in regards to warzones, flashpoints, operations, space combat, and Legacy, but nothing on new planets/extended stories.

Given that this is an MMO and not a single player game, I can expect that not many people will agree with me as for most people here, Endgame IS an MMO so but added new warzones/operations/flashpoints is probably enough for the majority of the people here and new story is irrelevant.

Oh well, we'll see.....

The Game starts at 50

Sorry, but that's just the way it is; people want to win, which requires competitive content. Not as many people want to go around doing more quests as part of their Class Story

What........

Dude.......

Did you spacebar your way to 50?

You gotta be trolling.

It will most likely come out in the form of an expansion for us to pay for.

This is what I am banking on.

Again, not being impatient because IF I just played SWTOR all day like I am doing now, it would take me til around April or May to finish all class stories. However, considering that schools starts back up in January, Mass Effect 3 comes out in March, and between Jan-May I will be preparing to go into the Air Force, I probably won't finish my 4 class stories until late summer 2012, if not later!

So as of pure content, I have enough to last me. But hopefully sometime in 2013, Bioware releases the first expansion which adds like 4 new planets which new faction/class stories on all of them which starts after CH3 and also raises the level cap to like 60 or 65.

I expect all of 2012 to be "vanilla" SWTOR but in 2013, the new story content should begin.

The Game starts at 50

Sorry, but that's just the way it is; people want to win, which requires competitive content. Not as many people want to go around doing more quests as part of their Class Story

Well I just found this post:

You'll see new planets over time, but of course creating a new planet is a massive amount of effort. That said, they're on the plans for sure. I will point out that even though we're going to create new planets, there's no guarantee they'll replace the existing Origin Worlds.

So it seems that Bioware IS committed to bringing out new faction/class stories. As thought, this is probably the most ambitions post launch content because it involves new voice-overs, script work, and the massive load of creating planets and the content for them [side missions, heroics, etc....]

So yeah, it is great to see that. Contrary to what you believe [and proving my fears false], Bioware is committed to pleasing BOTH fanbases. By adding new operations, warzones, and flashpoints, they are pleasing the endgame crowd such as yourself. By adding new planets which brings new faction/class stories, they are pleasing the story crowd such as myself.

Great!

• 5 weeks later...

the endgame content has so many bugs I have a really hard time they are appeasing both crowds. I would much rather have the flashpoints fixed(bugging out right after you kill malgus and nobody getting the loot you worked an hour for) than get a new one.

Up until endgame there were no bugs that i noticed that were really aggravating. Master Sno Raidon does not feel appeased.

The Game starts at 50

I dont that that is true at all. People want their characters to evolve, that means, gear, companions / relationships and story. This isnt WoW.

Really wish more of the companions had quests to do. Kind of frustrating to hear about a companion wanting to go do something, you offering to help, the companion saying "I got this brah!" *fade to black* "I'm back!"

The Game starts at 50

I wouldn't say it "starts at 50", but yeah, endgame content is why most ppl keeps paying month after month.