50's and bolster

sithra

Bolster helps, but remember the higher level will still have an advantage, 50 or not. Bolster only raises your character 80% to the highest player's level, and your gear by 20% (not entirely sure about gear, need a double check). Naturally people with higher levels will have an easier time.

Bolster helps, but remember the higher level will still have an advantage, 50 or not. Bolster only raises your character 80% to the highest player's level, and your gear by 20% (not entirely sure about gear, need a double check). Naturally people with higher levels will have an easier time.

No. Bolster enhances your stats comparable to a level 50 in green quality gear. Everybody has basically the same stats with the exception of level 50's with better gear. The only thing higher levels gain is more talent points and abilities.

The only thing higher levels gain is more talent points and abilities.

Even if that were true, it would be a massive difference by itself.

It's significantly more than that, though. 50s with PVP gear have access to a stat which decreases incoming damage while boosting outgoing damage. That's huge.

On top of that, level 50 players synergise with each other very well. A level 50 tank is bad news by himself, but couple him with a level 50 healer he has guard on, and lower level players don't have a chance. The increased healing ability (and survivability) of the healer coupled with the raid-level mitigation of the tank are far greater than lower level players can hope to deal with.

Losing Warzones before they even begin will make people stop queueing, and that's not good for the game. Win or lose, I'd rather wait longer for a balanced game then get an unbalanced one in a faster time.

Edited by Arakel

Similar experience. I've enjoyed bolster so far but today stuff got real. It'd be one thing if both sides had some 50 + scrubs, but when a bunch of 50s queue as group and face scrubs...ouch. Not learning much there. Kinda funny that bolster might solve the leveling problem by convincing everyone not to pvp at all until they are 50...:)

I was just talking with guildies last night about the same thing actualy.

A lot of us think that 1-49 should be bolstered, and 50 should have it's very own bracket. I think it keeps the competetion more even, and there's better PvP that way.

No. Bolster enhances your stats comparable to a level 50 in green quality gear. Everybody has basically the same stats with the exception of level 50's with better gear. The only thing higher levels gain is more talent points and abilities.

Actually GZ has said that bolster raises everyone's stats to 80% of a L50 in green gear. Thus, L50s have a base 20% advantage over anyone below something like L42. Add in the purple epic PvP gear and that gap widens considerably.

Just look at the health stats. As a L32 Marauder I'm fighting Sentinels that are L50 in PvP gear. I have 11k health, they have 16k. So they have a 32% base advantage in health and damage, add in abilities and secondary stats (crit/power ect.) and you have an epic mismatch.

It's a stupid system for the warzones, 50s should be in their own bracket. Probably the best idea that I've heard is for there to be two warzone types, ranked and unranked. Ranked has no bolster and is for L50s only. Unranked bolsters and "de-bolsters" everyone to the stats of a L50 in green gear.

It was like this in the beta as well. All of the people that didn't sleep for 5 days to grind to 50, then got the PvP gear before they made it 10x more difficult to acquire simply facerolled everyone else for weeks. When people started to catch up, the vast majority of those people who thought they were awesome at PvP started getting owned. Gear imbalances in this game are massive and virtually impossible to overcome unless the person is completely clueless.

I was just talking with guildies last night about the same thing actualy.

A lot of us think that 1-49 should be bolstered, and 50 should have it's very own bracket. I think it keeps the competetion more even, and there's better PvP that way.

Not for half a year at least. Need a healthy population of 50s before you slaughter our queue time.

Not for half a year at least. Need a healthy population of 50s before you slaughter our queue time.

Yes that is understandable. i'll probably hit 50 today so i'll be right there with you. Just for the near future im hoping it gets set up as it should.

Kinda funny that bolster might solve the leveling problem by convincing everyone not to pvp at all until they are 50...:)

Yep. There is a BH tank on my server that always queues with a 50 healer friend. Those two by themselves can beat an entire team of sub-50s. The bolster system was designed to ensure that lower level players aren't a liability. If I'm going to be a liability or face the possibility of being stuck with useless team members, I simply won't PvP. This needs to be fixed ASAP, especially since the rewards for losing warzone matches were decreased substantially.