PVE Conquest farmers

Icykill_

PVE Conquest farmers are ruining the quality of pvp... I'm all for increasing the pvp pop and getting them to try pvp... But when all they want to do is death match, troll ranked, refuse to listen to friendly advice, are abusive and rude...

Please remove conquest from pvp

I am not a conquest player, just a new player who happens to be new during the conquest - and the likes of me pug on both sides. So, it just changes the rules of the game a little and encourages the solo PvP players with experience to seek each other out (or seek out the PvE who are trying to do the right thing) and either group or coordinate. If you group-up, you are almost guaranteed an easy faceroll, because the other team will be by necessity pugged. So, your challenge is to play at the same time as 5 other players you trust and group with them. Because 5+people who know what they are doing will tear a clueless team apart every time. Honestly, I don't understand why the senior players are complaining. I'd think it's like shooting fish in the barrel for them.... (i.e. can I get to 100 medals in a single match?)

As for rejecting advice... Seriously, I have been in a match where the pugged folks on L10 -15 were actually trying to run together and go for objectives and a self-proclaimed PvP god there did nothing but hurtle abuse our way instead of say... marking targets. In an unranked lowbie PvP... berating people for a lack of experience is just crazy. If you are an experienced PvP player, I would beg ye to always have that toggle enabled and slap it on (even if it is not your role) for those of us who are still lost in the fog of war.

Can't say for others, but if I did not obey a command issued in the chat it was by the lack of ability to execute it. Which comes from:

lingo: Grass and Snow -folks, seriously, left and right with the influx of new players is better. In fact it's always better, no matter what map it is.

outdated info in the older videos and guides: there is no other speeder on Alderaan no more! Anything else we need to know about that's changed from 2012?

map confusion: My very first time surviving Alderaan mid and trying to go side... even knowing the way is under the base from a vid... I never wish I was dead so badly (so easy from Death!). No help there, but please, some lenience!

And Huttball maps (particularly the one with the pipes), they will always inspire the death matches because until the player sacrifices the whole match in favor of inconspicuously exploring it and figuring out where the stupid ball station is and how to make a track from our gate; to the ball; from the ball to their gate... the player is basically useless (I had to do it; and not having stealth it sucked!). I'd give my comms for 4 weeks for the opportunity to explore those maps without a match going on, most particularly the pipe Huttball one (because I don't think I have been to the ball station there ever, always staying on the pipes shooting range).

Edited by DomiSotto

PVE Conquest farmers are ruining the quality of pvp... I'm all for increasing the pvp pop and getting them to try pvp... But when all they want to do is death match, troll ranked, refuse to listen to friendly advice, are abusive and rude...

I feel the same about the ranked daily. Yesterday we had a guy queuing in pve gear and his response was he was just trying to do his daily.....Ranked isn't there for dailies dammit -_-

Responses in yellow.

I am not a conquest player, just a new player who happens to be new during the conquest - and the likes of me pug on both sides. So, it just changes the rules of the game a little and encourages the solo PvP players with experience to seek each other out (or seek out the PvE who are trying to do the right thing) and either group or coordinate. If you group-up, you are almost guaranteed an easy faceroll, because the other team will be by necessity pugged. So, your challenge is to play at the same time as 5 other players you trust and group with them. Because 5+people who know what they are doing will tear a clueless team apart every time. Honestly, I don't understand why the senior players are complaining. I'd think it's like shooting fish in the barrel for them.... (i.e. can I get to 100 medals in a single match?)

Careful, talk like that will make people angry since you are condoning premades. However, necessity will not place a PuG group against your Premade. As for why senior players complain, it's about annoyance. You ave individuals that join both regs and rateds with no idea of what they are doing, fail to listen, and seem to jump in with the notion that teamwork doesn't matter. If a PvPer did that in an OP, they would get kicked.

As for rejecting advice... Seriously, I have been in a match where the pugged folks on L10 -15 were actually trying to run together and go for objectives and a self-proclaimed PvP god there did nothing but hurtle abuse our way instead of say... marking targets. In an unranked lowbie PvP... berating people for a lack of experience is just crazy. If you are an experienced PvP player, I would beg ye to always have that toggle enabled and slap it on (even if it is not your role) for those of us who are still lost in the fog of war.

Why didn't you, or one of the others, mark targets then. Every once in a while you a person that rages. But here's a question, what was he raging about? Were players leaving nodes unguarded or were they no coming when incs were called, or grabbing orbs in HG while their teammates are getting stopped in a 3v2 fight where the person grabbing the orb might have helped out? Can't speak for others, but those instance are some of the ones that set me off the easiest.

Can't say for others, but if I did not obey a command issued in the chat it was by the lack of ability to execute it. Which comes from:

lingo: Grass and Snow -folks, seriously, left and right with the influx of new players is better. In fact it's always better, no matter what map it is.

outdated info in the older videos and guides: there is no other speeder on Alderaan no more! Anything else we need to know about that's changed from 2012?

map confusion: My very first time surviving Alderaan mid and trying to go side... even knowing the way is under the base from a vid... I never wish I was dead so badly (so easy from Death!). No help there, but please, some lenience!

Using left and right is never better simply because left and right changes depending on your orientation to the map. On most maps, using east and west is far better because east is always east and west is always west. You can even get way with it on Alderaan though using Snow (west) and Grass (east) is preferred. But, once again, it's an example of using directions or references that never change.

Yes, some of the videos are old, but I would have thought that after watching one, and then finding out that the side speeders were removed that your only option of taking the speeder that was left would have been self explanatory.

As for surviving mid, are you saying that you were in mid trying to get to a side, or that you were on one side, i.e snow, and trying to get to the other side, i.e. grass? From your comment, it seems like you were trying to get from one side to the other and, somehow, managed to get lost in mid.

And Huttball maps (particularly the one with the pipes), they will always inspire the death matches because until the player sacrifices the whole match in favor of inconspicuously exploring it and figuring out where the stupid ball station is and how to make a track from our gate; to the ball; from the ball to their gate... the player is basically useless (I had to do it; and not having stealth it sucked!). I'd give my comms for 4 weeks for the opportunity to explore those maps without a match going on, most particularly the pipe Huttball one (because I don't think I have been to the ball station there ever, always staying on the pipes shooting range).

I still feel that map was poorly designed and I am still not a fan of it. Though if you watch match videos, which from your previous comments seems that you do, you would have known where it was at.

Give it time, some of the PVE conquest players will become PVP players (and learn to play) and the others will stop.

If they stop counting PVP for conquests than we will loose players.

The problem is most don't want to learn... They just want to death match... To the point where they troll other people who run away from them in matches because they are trying to achieve the objectives... Ie I saw a guy on my team accuse the other teams ball carrier of being chicken because he wouldn't death match him while he was trying to score... I soon put him right... But got told by him to go "f" myself and L2P

"Most" are rude, tell you they'll play how they like... Some even give bad advice because they "think" they know what they are doing after 2 WZs... Then abuse the pvp players for ignoring them or giving the correct advice... This causes the other new players to become even more confused... The only recourse is to quit the match and leave if you see them pop into the next one with you... If they keep popping with you, then you stop PVPing while they are... Usually I get so frustrated I go play another game... Eventually all the good players will leave or form premades to stomp those newbies... Don't you think that will cause pvp players to leave too??

Like pvpers aren't bad. Ive seen plenty of Pve players out perform min/max pvpers. Dont like your teammates then leave or queue with a group and cArry the baddies.

Here's a question... Are you only looking at the DPS or medal score??

Have you taken into account that pvp is objective based??

Usually I see a lot of PVE players Death Match all game, run off and leave nodes unguarded, don't fight at the nodes... We lose the match because of it... Then they say you guys are sh*t and did no DPS... All the while we are trying to guard or cap 1-2 v 5... Most of our actions are to stop the cappers... Usually with any instant abilities, low force or such abilities and AOEs... These include a lot of interrupts, slows, snares, stuns, heals... While your trying to rotate and stop cappers... You want to talk about carrying teams... Thats usually what we are doing while those 5 PVEers are DMing 2 good pvp enemy and the rest of their team is attacking us

What about the guy who guards a node all match (doing his job), but does no DPS and gets low medals... Only to be trolled by said PVE players

I'd prefer PVP and Conquests stay connected. But I can't understand why BW doesn't put a min expertise req. in for ranked.

Research, player feedback, and 1st hand experience (if they bothered) would inform them that it is needed.

Why in what's supposed to be TORs version of competitive PVP am I being told by some ******e with **** expertise that he has better things to worry about? Why the **** is his kind allowed there to begin with?

Hellooooo devssssss! ::knock knock on their hollow heads:: Anybody home?

Edited by Joesixxpack

My guild is mostly PvP, yet we try and finish conquest. I think it would be better is conquest was medal (maybe 6) AND win based (more points per win than now) so PvE'ers have to at least try when farming points

You do realize that you get twice as much conquest points for a win than if you lose right? The system as is rewards pvp guilds greatly because they know how to win at pvp and will crush the pve guilds. If they are farming points, they do so at half the rate as the pvp guilds do, and its just a waste of time for them if they think that is a good strategy.

No more ranked conquest please. Regs are fine. I don't know why people think that PvE players coming in could realistically be worse than the players we already have. Anything that could get more players interested in PvP is fine by me. Who knows? They might get better and improve the population long term.

My guild is mostly PvP, yet we try and finish conquest. I think it would be better is conquest was medal (maybe 6) AND win based (more points per win than now) so PvE'ers have to at least try when farming points

Agreed! Points per medal + points for playing + points for winning. It's the only way imo.

Keep them. They easy kills and quick for medals.

Focus them. They will get the hint. :rak_03:

It's just a game. Who cares?

You do realize that you get twice as much conquest points for a win than if you lose right? The system as is rewards pvp guilds greatly because they know how to win at pvp and will crush the pve guilds. If they are farming points, they do so at half the rate as the pvp guilds do, and its just a waste of time for them if they think that is a good strategy.

Depends on if the PvP guild's players decided to decorate their "Barbie Doll House" for the bonus.

To be honest, all the grievances I see voiced… I dare think they are not inherent to either PvP or PvE devotees. Not even inherent to players’ flaws per se, but the character flaws of people at large. And that BioWARE will not be able to fix it except in levelling where you get the NPCs they programmed to say and do things.

@DariusCalera:

Careful, talk like that will make people angry since you are condoning premades. However, necessity will not place a PuG group against your Premade. As for why senior players complain, it's about annoyance. You ave individuals that join both regs and rateds with no idea of what they are doing, fail to listen, and seem to jump in with the notion that teamwork doesn't matter. If a PvPer did that in an OP, they would get kicked.

The general principle is that one can hardly change other people, but can far easier change oneself. The How to Become a Contender pinned to this page tells any new player in no uncertain terms that an organized team is preferable. If winning is important, creating a team of 5+ gives you two potentials on the opposite end – a pugged team or another premade team. By what is said on the fora, the first is more likely to be quickly steamrolled, and the second will net a hard close match.

One of the weirdest thing I have encountered in reading the PvP fora is that there is rejection of both a solo Ninja player and a premade team. In other words, there is an illogical call for the hardest possible way to play.

Obviously, if you don’t like it, don’t do it, but the option is certainly there and it gives you the same options that the building a group for an OP does – to sort through the players and hand-pick those you want on your side. But expecting Bio to put artificial gates… what criteria could you possibly introduce… ?

Why didn't you, or one of the others, mark targets then. Every once in a while you a person that rages. But here's a question, what was he raging about?

Immediately upon completing this particular zone I enabled the toggle marker in the keybinding and tested it. I cannot see it in levelling when trying it on my companion. I will test on a PvE enemy, and if still unsuccessful, I will be posting a question about what I am doing wrong (yet again).

Once I manage to get it working and if I am in the zone when nobody marks, I will. Otherwise I leave it for the senior players.

Nothing in an unranked justifies abusing your own team (I have no license to talk about ranked). Not that I think it is justified anywhere, under any circumstances. Ever. Even leaving the node unguarded (btw it was not the case there, lol, just general slowness and lack of cohesion; I have seen far worse).

Using left and right is never better simply because left and right changes depending on your orientation to the map. On most maps, using east and west is far better because east is always east and west is always west.

Left and right as referenced to the starting point are unchanged. West and East are fine as well. Just not snow and grass, for the love of all that is holy. I think I saw the actual snow on the right node for the first time after like 2 months of playing. I did searches on Alderaan snow, mmo grass, etc and came up with interesting but irrelevant results on geography and pot. In the end I have asked on the fora.

Never felt as dumb since asking my supervisor on an oil rig in Northern Alberta what was that term starting with F that seem to apply to absolutely every piece of equipment, is it perhaps an equivalent of ‘metallic’ (am an ESL)?

As for surviving mid, are you saying that you were in mid trying to get to a side, or that you were on one side, i.e snow, and trying to get to the other side, i.e. grass? From your comment, it seems like you were trying to get from one side to the other and, somehow, managed to get lost in mid.

I am gearing up (an binding, and kiting, and all that) as I am playing, so I slowly went from someone who died every time I entered the fray and had to return from Death to whatever node to someone who suddenly started living through the brush-ups. So, in that particular instance I came from Death to re-enforce mid, mid cleared, and I was left standing there not really having the foggiest how to go either side.

The absence of the other speeder poisoned my Alderaan for weeks before I found a reference to it being removed circa 2012 because of the stalemates. Until then I kept second-guessing myself and thinking I am doing something wrong and stupid by not being able to locate the blasted side speeder. I even went looking for it under the map on 2 occasions (Okay here is the speed buff, where is the speeder?).

And yes, I do go and explore in some matches, and I am sure it drives people white-hot if they see it. But if I do not, I will forever remain someone who runs around in random directions without a clue.

Actually, if there is a good vid of Quesh, please post a link. I did not find any that was instructional.

Edited by DomiSotto

Responses in yellow.

The general principle is that one can hardly change other people, but can far easier change oneself. The How to Become a Contender pinned to this page tells any new player in no uncertain terms that an organized team is preferable. If winning is important, creating a team of 5+ gives you two potentials on the opposite end – a pugged team or another premade team. By what is said on the fora, the first is more likely to be quickly steamrolled, and the second will net a hard close match.

One of the weirdest thing I have encountered in reading the PvP fora is that there is rejection of both a solo Ninja player and a premade team. In other words, there is an illogical call for the hardest possible way to play.

Agreed, an organized team is preferable. My first line about premades was in reference to numerous threads and posts complaining that having a premade is unfair. I personally don't think it is and I PuG most of the time. Also, as I pointed out, having a premade on one side does not guarantee that there will be a full PuG on the other. The most you can have in a premade is 4 players, unless you queue sync which is another issue. According to numerous posts in these forums, the game does try to match a premade vs a premade whenever possible.

Immediately upon completing this particular zone I enabled the toggle marker in the keybinding and tested it. I cannot see it in levelling when trying it on my companion. I will test on a PvE enemy, and if still unsuccessful, I will be posting a question about what I am doing wrong (yet again).

Once I manage to get it working and if I am in the zone when nobody marks, I will. Otherwise I leave it for the senior players.

Don't wait to see if someone else marks. If you wait to see if someone else marks you have the possibility of other players thinking the same thing. The end result is the healer doesn't get marked. If you see a healer, the only role that should be marked in regs, mark them up as soon as possible. I do and I usually follow it up in ops chat with a "Healer marked with crosshairs, flame, etc." so that my teammates know.

Nothing in an unranked justifies abusing your own team (I have no license to talk about ranked). Not that I think it is justified anywhere, under any circumstances. Ever. Even leaving the node unguarded (btw it was not the case there, lol, just general slowness and lack of cohesion; I have seen far worse).

The slowness and lack of cohesion is really to be expected in lowbies because, well, it's lowbies, and people are still learning. The other player should have expected that but sometimes, seeing 5 players running around like muppets with no direction harsh words are necessary to get people to pay attention. Remember, PvP here is a team sport and not every man for himself so running around look for solo kills, which a lot of new and even senior players do, and not playing to the objectives is a good way to get your team to lose.

Left and right as referenced to the starting point are unchanged. West and East are fine as well. Just not snow and grass, for the love of all that is holy. I think I saw the actual snow on the right node for the first time after like 2 months of playing. I did searches on Alderaan snow, mmo grass, etc and came up with interesting but irrelevant results on geography and pot. In the end I have asked on the fora.

Left and right for the starting point are unchanged but in relation to the map, which most people look at to determine where to go, it changes. If you call out "left" in an ACW, if the player doesn't already a well developed sense of situational awareness, you are going to confuse them. They will, logically, look at the map to determine where to go and possibly run off in the wrong direction because left is west (snow) and you wanted them east (grass). The only map that I see left and right used extensively is Voidstar and even that causes problems because, if you're defending, your left is east and right is west which is reversed on the map.

And yes, I do go and explore in some matches, and I am sure it drives people white-hot if they see it. But if I do not, I will forever remain someone who runs around in random directions without a clue.

Actually, if there is a good vid of Quesh, please post a link. I did not find any that was instructional.

I typed in quesh huttball video and this was the third one down, The first two centered on players mainly deathmatching.

Thanks for the Queshball vid! I finally located the ball stand and even managed to get a ball off it. Yay.

Still don't know what to do about the markers, I should have tried it in the zone. Kept forgetting too overwhelmed with the whole guard-taunt-attack, guard-taunt....

I am glad we agree on premades, I do not understand the call for unfair in regards to it. I disagree,and always would on the team dissing.

Edited by DomiSotto

Thanks for the Queshball vid! I finally located the ball stand and even managed to get a ball off it. Yay.

Still don't know what to do about the markers, I should have tried it in the zone. Kept forgetting too overwhelmed with the whole guard-taunt-attack, guard-taunt....

I am glad we agree on premades, I do not understand the call for unfair in regards to it. I disagree,and always would on the team dissing.

Now, just make sure you have the throw ability hotbarred and keybound.

That I do, lol. And I am not afraid to use it! In fact I really like using it!

Look at throwing the ball up the sides from the bottom lvls... Or if you are on a Jugg/Mara... Leap up... If a Sorc/sage... Try pulling your ball carrier up the side or to the line... Especially good if they get stunned in a slime pit... You can just pull them out before they die

As with both Hutt Balls, the thing to remember is its a sport... Always play the ball, wether it's supporting your ball carrier, attacking theirs or attacking the person they are about to pass too... Most new people don't know this and some old people don't either or just don't care... The best Hutt Ball matches are when you play as a team... Hutt Ball is my favourite WZ... But it can be frustrating when people don't know how to play as a team, ignore people trying to teach them or just plain don't care