Next Double XP Weekend

Capt_Beers

It will most likely be November.

If 3.0 is out in December then they'll have double XP weekends leading up to the level cap increase like they did with 2.0.

Even if 3.0 doesn't come out in/by December there will still probably be a Double XP week in November around the time WoW's new expansion launches as there have always been Double XP weekends whenever anything comes out that (they believe) draws players/attention away from TOR, ie MMO launches, console launches, etc. Whenever stuff like that happens, SURPRISE, there's always a TOR Double XP week(end) around/during the same time.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Previous 2x XP times have been:

March 2013 (3 weekends)

April 2013 (1 weekend)

June/July 2013 (3 weekends)

November 2013 (1 weekend)

March 2014 (1 weekend)

April 2014 (1 weekend)

May 2014 (1 weekend)

June 1014 (1 full week)

Note the overlaps. Having the next one in or near November would begin to form a pattern for every year to follow. (Have a few fairly early in the year (March/April), a few around the middle of the year (June/July), and something close to the end of the year (November/December.))

edit: Aren't those about where Nintendo (at some point, one year's E3 or another) said that the gaming industry's three big hotspots for sales tend to be?

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

There is no pattern, except one: it's always just before the patch in which the class you're FOTM'ing gets nerfed.

There is a pattern. Any time a new MMO launches there's a Double XP weekend. When the PS4 and Xbox One launched there was a Double XP weekend. When anything major comes out that they feel can/will draw players (attention) away from TOR they do a Double XP weekend without fail. Every single time.

Note that when Wildstar launched TOR, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, ESO, Defiance, etc, all had some event going on right at the same time. Go figure. I'm sure it was all a coincidence and that the same thing won't happen across several MMOs when the new WoW expansion drops in November ;)

There is a pattern. Any time a new MMO launches there's a Double XP weekend. When the PS4 and Xbox One launched there was a Double XP weekend. When anything major comes out that they feel can/will draw players (attention) away from TOR they do a Double XP weekend without fail. Every single time.

Note that when Wildstar launched TOR, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, ESO, Defiance, etc, all had some event going on right at the same time. Go figure. I'm sure it was all a coincidence and that the same thing won't happen across several MMOs when the new WoW expansion drops in November ;)

Bitterness usually clouds one's judgement.

Bitterness usually clouds one's judgement.

Yeah but the worst part is that a lot of times I end up playing TOR over the new hotness because it's like "Oh well I better play TOR while I can because who knows when the next Double XP event will be." but then it makes the game feel like a chore/job which really sucks.

Also with possibility of 3.0 right around the corner I've noticed that I've backed off trying to level 3 level 53 characters I have to 55. None of them have started Makeb yet and still have green Corellia (Illum, etc) quests in their logs and I figure if I wait till the level cap increases I can do all those level 50+ quests with XP buffs active and get ahead of the curve before doing any of the 3.0 content, ie be Level 56 or 57 before doing any of the new stuff." Then again that's just me and my weird thinking because I personally like to be overleveled. Of course that option won't exist with 3 Level 55 characters I do have. They're just going to have to tough it out just like they did when they were Level 50 and Makeb came around.