Flashpoint ettiquite for loot

KeenPeen

I'm new to the game...played f2p and enjoyed it enough to sub. I chose juggernaut for dps after reading up on it and seeing that the vengence spec was a mix of good dps and high survivability, which is something I've really found I enjoy in most mmo's. My question is in regards to running flashpoints or swtor's version of dungeon finder at low levels. I'm assuming I'll be focusing on strength, and what I've read endurance is swtor's version of stamina. I've noticed the stats on most medium gear is itemized with str over endurance, and heavy with endurance over str. If another juggernaut tank is in the group am I rolling against him or am I rolling against a maurader for gear? Does it even make a difference at low levels or does anyone care? Just trying to avoid any confusion, or accusations of being a ninja looter lol. Edited by KeenPeen

The way gear works in this game is that you'll be wearing Heavy/Adaptive armor 'shells' which have little-to-no stats themselves. To get the stats, you fill them with Armoring, Mods and Enhancements.

You can take a modifiable (usually orange quality but sometimes purple) Strength-based Medium Armor piece, rip out the Armoring, Mod and Enhancement and put it into your own Heavy/Adaptive armor shell.

As such, it's fine for you to roll for modifiable Strength based DPS pieces, whether it's Medium or Heavy.

If it has Defense, Absorb or Shield, it's tank gear.

• 3 weeks later...
The way gear works in this game is that you'll be wearing Heavy/Adaptive armor 'shells' which have little-to-no stats themselves. To get the stats, you fill them with Armoring, Mods and Enhancements.

You can take a modifiable (usually orange quality but sometimes purple) Strength-based Medium Armor piece, rip out the Armoring, Mod and Enhancement and put it into your own Heavy/Adaptive armor shell.

As such, it's fine for you to roll for modifiable Strength based DPS pieces, whether it's Medium or Heavy.

If it has Defense, Absorb or Shield, it's tank gear.

I think it's bad form to take a piece of medium armor when grouped with a Marauder, unless they don't need it.

If they're slow on hitting need or greed, ask them if they need it. If they say yes, hit pass or greed and let them have it. If they do not need it, it's generally accepted that you can need if you need, but make sure you mention that you're needing because you can use the mods in the armor.

The same goes for gear for companions. ASK if someone needs. If they don't, ask if it's cool that you need for companions. Most people don't care if they don't need it.

Edited by Faolon