is worth to augment gear for low and mid pvp

KumbayaGOD

I intend to slap MK-9s on my orange gear (save for the chest) and swap the augments as I level up appropriate for the build at the time. I will be putting lower MKs on my chest to accommodate for fashion choices till I feel I can live with the chest forever. Right or wrong, I dunno. Never done it before. Edited by DomiSotto

Augments are so trivial below 55 that it's not worth it. at 55 though... if your a DPS you get 32 Mainstat per Augment which multiply that by 13 = 416 Mainstat bonus by being fully augmented. essentially, you get 32 of the primary stat that that augment gives. So if it gives Absorption and Power, you get 32 Absorb and 20 Power. if it's a Mainstat Augment, you get 32 Mainstat and 20 Endurance (which IMO is really *********** annoying, i want augments with 32 Mainstat and 20 power, MOAR DPS!!!!)

tl;dr Augments arent really worth it till 55. if you have BiS gear for a lowbie, it means nothing because it changes so often as you level.

Only if you use an orange set that you keep up to date and plan on using at level 55 because outside of that its a waste of credits. I did it on my last alt that I had a full orange set I used and planned on keeping at 55. I just threw in whatever cheap augments I could find as I leveled up. The additionals stats are ok but hardly a major impact, especially since bolster doesnt take into account the augment slot.

as per title said do i need to augment my gear or just save up and buy higher gear as level go up

i am 35 merc arsenal because usually i only augment when i hit 55

any advise ?

augmenting is always 'worth it', b/c bolster does not take augs into account. personally, I do not think it's worth augmenting every tier possible (~2 levels) nor would I bother augmenting with the optimum stat (I'll go with main, power, acc, crit...whatever I have mats for at the time).

but if your question is "does augmenting in sub 55 pvp make a noticeable difference in one's performance?" my answer is yes. you absolutely can tell the difference with full augments that are up to level. they also make moving through your class story easier.

I never needed augments for my commando, sorc, shadow, assassin and the augments I put on my sub 45 sentinel were not enough.

As a commando, you should be fine with or without them. Augments in lowbies is like wearing a fancy gown to eat at red robin's. You might be the fanciest one there and some people might "ooh and ahh", but you're still eating at red robins at the end of the day.

My 47 vanguard is pretty much fully augmented with lvl 47 augments. 30.5k health in warzones after bolster. Not that much lol. But the set he's wearing will be the set he will have at 55 so I just spent the money early. It helps out for questing and fp's if you're into that. Edited by OMGitsCHARLIE

Like most people have already said....yes, it makes a difference, but the cost needed to do it is fairly high. So much so that you couldn't afford it if this is your first character and don't have alts with lots of cash. This causes a lot of ppl to just avoid augmenting sub-55 altogether. If you really want to, the most cost-efficient way I can think of is to augment your moddable gear (find a look you like and plan to stick with once you get to 55) with the MK-9 augment kits and just keep the augments up-to-date as you level, but like I said it's expensive

IMO, it just depends on the gear, or at least the shell. If it's a piece you're just going to get rid of, esp while leveling, I wouldn't bother. But if it's a piece that will last, has the look you want, etc... go ahead and aug it.

A lot of people just get legacy gear and swap them back and forth between toons on imp and pub, if they play a mirror class on both sides.

Is it worth it?

Sure, if you have the credits you can have the gear but here is the problem-

It can't make up for the teams of misfits, muppets, and all other vast and sundry deep in lowbie wz'd

It does help tho but not as much as you would want it too and you may even rage on team because they aren't letting you do what you intended to do in the wz

Is it worth it?

Sure, if you have the credits you can have the gear but here is the problem-

It can't make up for the teams of misfits, muppets, and all other vast and sundry deep in lowbie wz'd

It does help tho but not as much as you would want it too and you may even rage on team because they aren't letting you do what you intended to do in the wz

yes it can. lowbie is full of derpage. it's pretty easy to carry a team with very little competent help.

I augment my gear with MK-9 kits as soon as I settle on what gear set looks good. The kits have no level requirement so you can use them whenever and it's easier to slowly aug pieces as you level than all at once when you hit 55 (14 pieces of gear * 36000 = 504,000 creds). Then you can use whatever augs you can pick up/make cheaply without worrying about switching kits.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but an interesting piece of info here.

VERY IMPORTANT - ALL POSTS ABOVE NO LONGER APPLY DUE TO CHANGES IN 3.0

Recently I read somebody's account of being flamed in pvp for having augments on, in lowbie levels. So I tested it out with the bolsterizer on fleet and lowbie crit augs.

It turns out it's true.

- If you have nothing, bolster at present behaves as if you had 178 blue fortitude augments everywhere: 46 endurance, 30 power per.

- if you have anything on, that's at your actual level - say, at lvl 27, a blue critical 11 augment (+4 endurance, +9 crit)... it DOESN'T SCALE WITH LEVEL.

ie it's not bolstered to critical 36 aug blue 178 => you miss out 42 endurance (46-4), 30 power, only to get a lousy +9 crit points (which are computed as a level 60, to make things worse, but that's another topic. Nothing to do with diminishing returns).

This sucks because I like to put augments in my lowbie gear and I realize it hampers pvp...

Edited by BenduKundalini

Look at this pages of long posts to answer a simple question.

NO, No op you dont need to aug below 60.

Unless you have a specific 'look' you want to have for end-game and have credits to burn, you can buy the top level slot and put in whatever you have handy that is at or below your level, preparing you for end-game.

But no point doing it now with a level cap increase coming.

If you have legacy gear doing the rounds or manage to craft say an earpiece with a slot, then if you have an augment spare, you might as well slap it in. I put Overkill Augs in the T.H.O.R.N. (legacy) relics for by low-level characters. It fills the relic slot and is good for PVP and PVE, any class and bolsters properly, and I hand it down when I'm done.

But in regs, getting 2018 EXP bolstered is gonna do far far more for you and your team than a few augments.

as per title said do i need to augment my gear or just save up and buy higher gear as level go up

i am 35 merc arsenal because usually i only augment when i hit 55

any advise ?

Gear does matter in low- and midbies PvP- more is better than less - purple is better than green -

Only drawback is if you get gear dependant - 60's becomes a ***** that way . . . not even FoTM can save you there if you haven't got the hang of it by then . . .

Edited by t-darko