How many 55's do you have without an AC?

CKNORTH

None of my 22 level 55 characters

I do not see the point at all with a gimped character unable to contribute like it should in a team, PvP or PvE.

Wow lol I play for fun and enjoyment and not to appease other people, so if you read the post I was referring to questing for story line and pretty much side quests.. Sheesh! :rolleyes: without a advanced class

Edited by CKNORTH

Wow lol I play for fun and enjoyment and not to appease other people, so if you read the post I was referring to questing for story line and pretty much side quests.. Sheesh! :rolleyes: without a advanced class

Yep, only wrote my opinion.

But if you like it why not try it?

I know that there are some players keeping their 55s without an advanced class so that once Bioware introduces a new advanced class, they already have a 55 for it. As if that is ever going to happen...

Not for me. Now, I always stay on the starting planet until at least level 10 so that I can choose my advanced class right when I get to fleet. When I played my first toon and didn't know anything about MMOs, I waited until like 25 before choosing an advanced class, but not anymore. ;)

Edited by Jerba

There's still a ton of story via group content, most notably the Dread Masters and I don't know how many groups would allow you to play with them without an AC once they noticed.

Never said anything about appeasement. They were saying that to them fun and enjoyment is having an AC and being useful to a team.

Hmm interesting I have heard of some guilds that have members who raid 55's without AC characters I was just curious as to how many have just done the story while questing and finished chapter 3 without a AC... And again I said nothing about "team" or "grouping" with that in mind I ask again how many if anyone has done what I originally asked :-) I realize that people play for Different reasons here is an example some people have a favourite zone and hardly leave it. Kind of like why the made strongholds to allow people to enjoy a different aspect to gaming. Anyhow yes people that raid group pvp etc will be like **** but I wasn't interested in that thanks tho.....

Hmm interesting I have heard of some guilds that have members who raid 55's without AC characters I was just curious as to how many have just done the story while questing and finished chapter 3 without a AC... And again I said nothing about "team" or "grouping" with that in mind I ask again how many if anyone has done what I originally asked :-) I realize that people play for Different reasons here is an example some people have a favourite zone and hardly leave it. Kind of like why the made strongholds to allow people to enjoy a different aspect to gaming. Anyhow yes people that raid group pvp etc will be like **** but I wasn't interested in that thanks tho.....

To answer your question further, I am pretty sure some people have maybe one 55 without an AC.

Go for it you won't regret.

My tip...there is an advantage of Knight/Warrior (no AC) over the other 3 classes.

Oh I did not know that and I just made a warrior as well! I have three story's left out of the eight warrior, agent, and bounty hunter. And Ty I am curious now on the advantage :D

My apology. It is actually a disadvantage of Bounty Hunter/Trooper. Warrior, Agent and Inquisitor are fine.

That's interesting. Still though I will be trying all of them eventually also at a much slower pace with quest cut scenes and I do plan to use only quested gear I receive, no treek no HK and moded gear will be replaced as soon as an upgrade is available from quests.. No crew ability the only advantage i will have is presence unlocked from humans and from the crew legacy unlocks from the other 5 classes... Should be interesting!!!

None of my 22 level 55 characters

I do not see the point at all with a gimped character unable to contribute like it should in a team, PvP or PvE.

Heh, I got shouted at and insulted for not having picked an AC at lvl 10 when doing the Black Talon FP the other day.

I can't imagine the kind of grief you'd get if you had no AC at higher levels.

Yea don't bother with an Advanced class, don't train any skills at all or get any gear and go PvP or run Flashpoints. Everyone on your team will appreciate it. ;)

I said I wouldn't train in a Advanced Class I will however train all the general abilities while I level, second again I also said I would NOT be grouping pvping doing FP or Ops I was simply asking who has mad it to level 55 and completed Chapter 3 without an Advanced class.... Wow!!! I either can't explain things properly or people really need to ah nm. /sigh

Anyhow I have decided to roll bare bones free account to see how far I can get without a AC just because I am seeing if I can 1) have the patience for a no AC character 2) see if I can get to 50 in mostly green quested gear. Also skipping any Fleet and GTN and solely relying on buying NPC items... Etc. my purpose is just testing my skill/survivability and other aspects. But if anyone who Has made it past Tatooine, without an Advanced Class I wouldn't mind any kind of info, such as class you levelled and survivability also did you complete every side quest bonus missions or any Herioc missions solo? Oh and any complications that arose with mob encounters, thanks :) also I appreciate everyone's opinion I am honestly just looking for anyone who has gone to 50-55 without training AC and the highlights of planets past Tatooine...

I had two. I decided to pick up ACs for both of them when I added Oricon to my daily rotation. So now all of my characters have an AC.

Wow!!! Oricon huh! That's impressive! I am kind of hopping or rather debating whether it keep the free account strictly as is. But only use the items looted or quested 0 unlocks and 0 perks... Almost like a personal test account to scale my main account... But again wow!! I still want to try all 8 story's but it would cause deleting some classes but that doesn't really bug me.. :)

Edited by CKNORTH

Wow!!! Oricon huh! That's impressive! I am kind of hopping or rather debating whether it keep the free account strictly as is. But only use the items looted or quested 0 unlocks and 0 perks... Almost like a personal test account to scale my main account... But again wow!! I still want to try all 8 story's but it would cause deleting some classes but that doesn't really bug me.. :)

Yes, I used to run up everything on those two except Makeb on up....only because I could not finish Makeb (both were empire, and the last fight was too difficult for both of them).

When I decided I wanted to do Oricon, it was time to bring them both into the fold.

My no AC characters were level 55....an agent and an inquisitor. With the Inq i went Sorc healer and didnt notice a huge difference in playability or survival, but naturally DPS and total heals increased substantially.

However the agent, now a sniper, played VERY different. MUCH more DPS and survivability than before.

Edited by LordArtemis

Yes, I used to run up everything on those two except Makeb on up....only because I could not finish Makeb (both were empire, and the last fight was too difficult for both of them).

When I decided I wanted to do Oricon, it was time to bring them both into the fold.

My no AC characters were level 55....an agent and an inquisitor. With the Inq i went Sorc healer and didnt notice a huge difference in playability or survival, but naturally DPS and total heals increased substantially.

However the agent, now a sniper, played VERY different. MUCH more DPS and survivability than before.

That's intense! Did the pace of levelling or challenge of encounters get harder past any one planet while levelling other then anything further than Corelia, or did you simply do every quest line plus bonus to out level planets?

That's intense! Did the pace of levelling or challenge of encounters get harder past any one planet while levelling other then anything further than Corelia, or did you simply do every quest line plus bonus to out level planets?

Corellia onward was pretty tough. Makeb was almost impossible (back in the day). Relied HEAVILY on presence bonuses and gear later in the storyline. I did all the side quests, and even a few heroics here and there with my friends. Treek helped quite a bit. I kept my level 3 to 4 levels higher than the current content as long as I could.

Corellia onward was pretty tough. Makeb was almost impossible (back in the day). Relied HEAVILY on presence bonuses and gear later in the storyline. I did all the side quests, and even a few heroics here and there with my friends. Treek helped quite a bit. I kept my level 3 to 4 levels higher than the current content as long as I could.

That is Awesome! The FTP model feels a lot like pre 1.5 but a Heck of a lot less Buggy! And I also think without the AC two hot bars are viable and might even have a spot for a speeder. I am thinking too with only two crew skills to take Artifice and Archeology just to keep the lightsaber in on par green hilts, enhancements, and crystals.. Currently I am on tython rolling a knight. All in all I am enjoying the process most mobs don't pose much of a problem, then again it's just Tython lol!

Heh, I got shouted at and insulted for not having picked an AC at lvl 10 when doing the Black Talon FP the other day.

I can't imagine the kind of grief you'd get if you had no AC at higher levels.

Yeah, and last night a player went bezerk on another because he/she did not have a stance selected in PvP.

A character without a advanced class is something useful perhaps for solo purposes, or if someone by some wierd reason wants to use it for "bragging rights".

But then again, I read about another dude in another game that picked flowers until max level and he got tons of attention :csw_jabbapet: