Tips for healing in solo ranked?

kiiltz

Thread title says it all. I'm completely new to Ranked (Regstar woo!) and any tips would be most helpful, against specific AC's, different team make ups, what to do on specific maps, etc.

All my gear is augmented (156 Skill augments) and all my Relics, Implants Earpiece are Brutalizers (MS + Power, Enforcer MK-1's and Professional respectively). Both my Main Hand and Off Hand and my Headpiece are full Brut too with the rest of my gear all Obroan (so I do have full Expertise in case you were wondering ;P). And of course I'm using stims. As for the set bonuses I have the one that gives you more Damage Absorption and longer Evasion time.

• 4 weeks later...

I would go with the 2set PVE bonus in Arkanian. That would drop your expertise to 2012, but give you a 15% boost on your AOE-heal. The 6 point drop in expertise is negligible.

The key in arenas is to know the map like the back of your hand (kiting opponents and LOS while being in range of your team is key) and staying mobile. Very rarely will you be able to stand still and cast - you can trick scrubs by casting Diagnostic Scan so they blow they interrupt on that and follow up with a cast, but I wouldn't count on it. If you have to cast, use Stim Boost for the alacrity bonus.

Most likely you will be having someone on your arse 24/7, so you need to mobile, stay in ranged of the tank (if you have one) and rely on your instant heals. Your Flashbang is awesome as it works on multiple opponents, and will give you a breather to heal up / focus and burn one opponent - but this requires team coordination (which is damn hard in yolo-que).

Get good at identifying what your opponents are, and what kind of damage they bring to the table.

With No tank

Pay attention to who is being targeted before the melee actually happens, chances are they will be the focus right off the bat. If the focus is you, get your *** to safety, and make good use of LoS, your stuns and dcds. In most solo ranked with 1 healer and no tanks the team that usually wins is the first one to score a kill. If you can keep the focus target up longer than your opponents healer chances are the round is in the bag. If your the focus of the enemy team, and ttheir healer is the focus of your team, its generally goes down to who can survive longer, dont be afraid to LoS your team, they shouldnt be taking much damage in any case as the DPS are on you.

With Tank. Once you feel comfortarable with your teams health status, use your stuns mezzes and high hitting dps abilities to assist your team. A well placed sabo charge can turn the tide real quick.

I would go with the 2set PVE bonus in Arkanian. That would drop your expertise to 2012, but give you a 15% boost on your AOE-heal. The 6 point drop in expertise is negligible.

Decided to do the math for this because I'm a nerd.

The bonus healing value of 1 Expertise is 0.0100991080277502%

The bonus healing value of 6 Expertise is 0.0605946481665015%

Recuperative Nanotech is available every 15 seconds and the Arkanian 2-Piece would offer a 15% increase.

The results of just how much it increases vary depending on buffs, (class and stims), procs and how much Power you have. But assuming you're fully augmented, 99 power in each moddable slot, stimmed and fully buffed you're looking at 100 - 130 per tick gains with the 2 piece bonus.

TL;DR - Super worth it.

credit to Varaxxis for doing the % math because im literally dropout scum

Edited by Shenyu