Manaan Fira weapons...

rlionherz

is there a reason why they arent "bound to legacy" ?

and is it so hard to design to make the color crystal change the vibe cutting edge...

Common sense implies they're not BoL so people are... encouraged to do the flashpoint over and over and over again in order to acquire more tokens.

Common sense implies they're not BoL so people are... encouraged to do the flashpoint over and over and over again in order to acquire more tokens.

Well, for example, BBA vendor sells legacy weapons using the contracts as currency. The vendor for Tython/Korriban relics thing also sell legacy gear.

I think it does raise the question since for similar situations (grind the event, grind korriban/tython, grind manaan) in one case gear is character bound and in the other is legacy bound

Edited by wainot-keel

Oh :eek: Careful there ;) are you implying BW wasn't using common sense when they added all that BoL gear to the other rep/token vendors?

Well, for example, BBA vendor sells legacy weapons using the contracts as currency. The vendor for Tython/Korriban relics thing also sell legacy gear.

I think it does raise the question since for similar situations (grind the event, grind korriban/tython, grind manaan) in one case gear is character bound and in the other is legacy bound

Which would only reinforce what I said earlier, as far as the encouragement is concerned.

If everything(!) is BoL and people are NOT that fond of that particular piece of content, they'll avoid it like the plague as much as they can.

Oh :eek: Careful there ;) are you implying BW wasn't using common sense when they added all that BoL gear to the other rep/token vendors?

I would never imply anything of the sort. ;)

It's, ummmmmm, my alien hand syndrome. That's it, yes. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Which would only reinforce what I said earlier, as far as the encouragement is concerned.

If everything(!) is BoL and people are NOT that fond of that particular piece of content, they'll avoid it like the plague as much as they can.

Are you implying BW wants us to run Manaan more than they want us to run Tython/Korriban and Bounty Event ?

I mean, all these 3 vendors use "currency" that has be farmed by running the content multiple times.

Two of them sell BoL gear and one gear that is not, gear that is freely tradable but gets bind on character one. use ofc.

Are you implying BW wants us to run Manaan more than they want us to run Tython/Korriban and Bounty Event ?

I'm implying they want people to run content, whatever that content may be.

Thus the use of the term "encouragement".

It doesn't automatically mean they want us to run Manaan more often than Korriban or Tython but fact remains it is unlikely at this point they'd change the rewards for those flashpoints for BoE instead of BoL.

Instead, they just alter the "deal" for the new content, in this case Manaan. I guess it's fair to assume something similar may come to happen with Lehon.

Truth be told, this isn't exactly rocket science, not to mention it is to be expected. If it wasn't, then I guess decorations wouldn't be tied to drops from different bosses, scattered throughout operations and flashpoints.

I mean, all these 3 vendors use "currency" that has be farmed by running the content multiple times.

Two of them sell BoL gear and one gear that is not, gear that is freely tradable but gets bind on character one. use ofc.

Read above. Part in bold.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's the same for this one. I kinda expected that already.

Yeah, well, Corruptor Blade still has the problem of looking like you are compensating for something (IMO). Unless you are a Wookiee, my Smuggler's Bowdaar is using it, and it looks fine, on other characters, not so much...

Still, I am sure that BW could revisit the model if they wanted to

Yeah, well, Corruptor Blade still has the problem of looking like you are compensating for something (IMO). Unless you are a Wookiee, my Smuggler's Bowdaar is using it, and it looks fine, on other characters, not so much...

Still, I am sure that BW could revisit the model if they wanted to

You're confused. :p

This is fine. This is overcompensating.

The only thing wrong with the Fira swords is that the "electric arc" does not change color based on crystal, because otherwise, they look really awesome...

Nobody is bothered by the fact that, when used, it sometimes turns into a lightsaber blade?

Otherwise great looking weapon I won't use for that reason.

I've been told that already but never noticed. The fact I don't have one yet probably doesn't help.

Dulfy's preview shows this somewhat, but it is much more apparent if you use it yourself.

I fortunately didn't put any mods in mine, tried it out, and sold it back to the vendor.

The legacy gear is alright if a dye is put in it, for Jedi companions. Got that instead.

Edited by arunav

Dulfy's preview shows this somewhat, but it is much more apparent if you use it yourself.

I fortunately didn't put any mods in mine, tried it out, and sold it back to the vendor.

The legacy gear is alright if a dye is put in it, for Jedi companions. Got that instead.

, I guess it's an unintended effect from a proc from one of Dulfy's relics. It goes away once the proc is over. Edited by Darth_Wicked

, I guess it's an unintended effect from a proc from one of Dulfy's relics. It goes away once the proc is over.

Ok - watch the electrostaff video, particularly when double strike is used. Again, it's easier to see on your character when you actually use various abilities.

This issue isn't unique to these weapons. The Corsec weapon for direct sale on the CM had the same problem I believe.

Edited by arunav

The animations of some abilities have an intensified blade effect based on the currently equipped crystal. Its not a problem with the model of the weapon. Using any vibrosword on my jug results in it turning it into a light saber when i use ravage and saber throw.

Well, that's as much a problem with the weapons as any other. :D

It's pretty goofy when your weapon turns into a lightsaber when it isn't one.

The only thing wrong with the Fira swords is that the "electric arc" does not change color based on crystal, because otherwise, they look really awesome...

How could they change the color of the arc to match the crystal? What were to happen if you had one of those two-color crystals? Say, one with a black core and a blue outline? The electric arc is a line.

How could they change the color of the arc to match the crystal? What were to happen if you had one of those two-color crystals? Say, one with a black core and a blue outline? The electric arc is a line.

Same thing that happens to laser sights on blasters.