[New] ** The Shadowlands Progression **

Tealik

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, ya beat us by an hour it looks like lol. Gratz though! :cool:

Well unless you're achievement is central time then we both killed him literally at the exact same time which would be spooky.

Thanks sir! Indeed, I'm eastern time so it was a one hour difference.

Congrats to you guys though, keep it up! Best of luck on Raptus and Council.

Well done on the title Exit Area, and Awesome job to Enforcers on finishing out Council. Grats on all the progression!

Now Stay Thirsty, get Council down next week, grats on Raptus! ;)

Edited by Tealik

They don't. Sin tank holds it and runs so the stack drops and keeps tanking Bestia.

Tealik is gonna make the final decision of course but unless we can find a difference between this kill and HMDs, then this can't be classified as a legitimate kill. :(

They don't. Sin tank holds it and runs so the stack drops and keeps tanking Bestia.

Well, this just my personal opinion on the matter, but I wouldn't call the Enforcer's Bestia tanking strategy an "exploit." They didn't use any environmental obstacles to prevent Bestia, or any other Dread Master, from having access to the player they were aggroed on. They simply used careful positioning and a class ability of the Assassin tank (i.e. Force Speed) to provide enough space and time for the stacks from Bestia to fall off her tank.

The fight buffs/debuffs that the Developers created for that fight were all present and were not prevented from being applied to any players. Bestia was able to apply stacks to the tank that she was aggroed on.

If the Developers wanted to make the tank swap "mandatory," they should have bumped up her stack drop-off time by four or five seconds.

Edited by Levram

Well, this just my personal opinion on the matter, but I wouldn't call the Enforcer's Bestia tanking strategy an "exploit." They didn't use any environmental obstacles to prevent Bestia, or any other Dread Master, from having access to the player they were aggroed on. They simply used careful positioning and a class ability of the Assassin tank (i.e. Force Speed) to provide enough space and time for the stacks from Bestia to fall off her tank.

The fight buffs/debuffs that the Developers created for that fight were all present and were not prevented from being applied to any players. Bestia was able to apply stacks to the tank that she was aggroed on.

If the Developers wanted to make the tank swap "mandatory," they should have bumped up her stack drop-off time by four or five seconds.

I was thinking the same thing but wanted someone else to mention it. Thanks bro.

Tealik is gonna make the final decision of course but unless we can find a difference between this kill and HMDs, then this can't be classified as a legitimate kill. :(

There's nothing illegitimate about the kill. Tank still takes damage and knockback from Bestia making the healing check the same as other kills. It just shows thorough knowledge of her stacking debuff to make the fight a little simpler. Comparing them to HMD is not valid in the slightest.

There's nothing illegitimate about the kill. Tank still takes damage and knockback from Bestia making the healing check the same as other kills. It just shows thorough knowledge of her stacking debuff to make the fight a little simpler. Comparing them to HMD is not valid in the slightest.

I agree 100%. I'm sorry if I came across as accusatory, I simply wanted the community to distinguish the two kills. On the surface, some people may see the lack of swapping and immediately wonder if there was an exploit; there were other variables that made HMDs kill illegitimate. The kiting Bestia was not one of those. So it seems that out of everything that happened in HMDs kill, Shocks' brilliance is worthy of acknowledging.

Thanks to everyone who helped explain why the Enforcers kill is legitimate. And grats Enforcers on the kill! <3

Edited by Rambeezy

Sorry Beezy but I'm gonna have to go with Acuzel on this one. The problem with hmd's kill was using the environment to prevent a boss from coming in contact with the tank. This kiting strategy doesn't abuse the game mechanics, and in a sense, could be MORE difficult than tank-swapping. If my opinion counts, then I say this kill is valid.

Sorry Beezy but I'm gonna have to go with Acuzel on this one. The problem with hmd's kill was using the environment to prevent a boss from coming in contact with the tank. This kiting strategy doesn't abuse the game mechanics, and in a sense, could be MORE difficult than tank-swapping. If my opinion counts, then I say this kill is valid.

I agree with Zip, and Ivs. I retract my previous comment questioning the picture posted as the video is a more than exemplary job assuaging my concerns. I was particularly impressed with your idea (or perhaps it was unintentional) of the calphy tank picking up raptus at the beginning, it is something I have not seen before, but evidently got the job done. Nice kill Enforcers!

Also note on kiting Bestia stacks: I would vote that this is a legal move, just as there really isnt any reason why a calphy tank has to stand there and take the d from him.

Caution to other groups: kiting Bestia generally results in a slightly hard to heal (albeit easier to tank/manage circles) fight with the possibility of RNG *********** the raid with either a tyrans pull at the wrong time or a unprepared SOA. But it is a well documented and clearly successfully used way to do the boss.

*Source: Experience + guildmate input*

I did watch the video, and took at look at a few things to verify this kill. I do consider this a legitimate kill.

(This is just to clarify for some. I know most of you who have jumped in on this conversation understand what's going on here.) Every scripted mechanic in this encounter was in fact handled as intended. The difference between this particular kill, and an exploited kill would be "class mechanic use" vs. "inhibiting boss mechanics". The boss mechanics here were not avoided by glitching, platforming, stucking, etc.... It was a great, and pretty effective use of class mechanics that are given to you to use and counter the boss mechanic that DID go off as intended. The debuff continued to go out throughout the fight.

It was fun to watch, and again great job to Enforcers.