People with A.D.D. - don't abort Kuat shuttle convo

JimG

Some impatient dummy aborted the Kuat Drive Yards opening shuttle scene while it was loading the next stage and it sent me back to the shuttle with no option to enter the shuttle. I had to quit the flashpoint and then be locked out of the queue for 10 minutes. This cutscene has always had a long load time (probably because the next stage is randomized), even when everyone space bars it. Aborting the convo instead of waiting 3 seconds for the thing to load just leads to people getting locked out of the flashpoint. Put your A.D.D. to the side for a few seconds and don't screw over your groupmates.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some impatient dummy aborted the Kuat Drive Yards opening shuttle scene while it was loading the next stage and it sent me back to the shuttle with no option to enter the shuttle. I had to quit the flashpoint and then be locked out of the queue for 10 minutes. This cutscene has always had a long load time (probably because the next stage is randomized), even when everyone space bars it. Aborting the convo instead of waiting 3 seconds for the thing to load just leads to people getting locked out of the flashpoint. Put your A.D.D. to the side for a few seconds and don't screw over your groupmates.
Annoying yes, but there is a work-around. Just exit the instance and then go right back.

I could be mistaken, but I believe this is due to a random bug -- I've been in groups there this happened on a conversation abort, and I've been in groups where this hasn't happened on a conversation abort.

For what it's worth, if this happens to you again, have the group start a fight, then type /stuck, it will kill you, but you will rez inside the Kuat instance proper, and without any loading screens.

Edited by Khevar

I could be mistaken, but I believe this is due to a random bug -- I've been in groups there this happened on a conversation abort, and I've been in groups where this hasn't happened on a conversation abort.

For what it's worth, if this happens to you again, have the group start a fight, then type /stuck, it will kill you, but you will rez inside the Kuat instance proper, and without any loading screens.

That is because aborting the conversation doesn't cause the bug.

The player clicking the door a second time at the same time the last person clicks and triggers the scene does.

And yes, just wait till the group gets into combat and /stuck.

Oh and I don't have ADD or ADHD, but I do and will continue to abort that cut scene as it is nothing more than wasted time.

Edited by DawnAskham

1st..it does that sometimes when you dont abort it.

2nd..exit instance and re enter..all fixed

Plus they are deciding for everyone that this scene is to be skipped.

Oh and I don't have ADD or ADHD, but I do and will continue to abort that cut scene as it is nothing more than wasted time.

Then you are selfish and narcissistic. Is that better?

If your time is that valuable, you shouldn't be playing a computer game.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Sheesh..man...It's KDY ... :eek:

If we were talking about any other (story mode) flashpoint I would be with you on this.... But KDY is only good to grind xp points and lose brain cells.

I do it for performance. When no one exits, I load in slowly and people have already started killing by the time I am able to move. When someone does exit, for some reason it loads my character at the same time as others.

If you're have so much free time on your hands, find something better to do than playing video games, your life will greatly improve.

I do it for performance. When no one exits, I load in slowly and people have already started killing by the time I am able to move. When someone does exit, for some reason it loads my character at the same time as others.

Irrelevant. If someone wants to watch and someone else escapes, the "escapee" has taken the choice away from the one who wants to watch, almost certainly without asking ahead of time if it's OK.

If you're have so much free time on your hands, find something better to do than playing video games, your life will greatly improve.

I'm not the one bemoaning the loss of my "valuable" time (and maybe you're not, either).

And of course it's not possible that someone is doing it for the first time, or that someone just likes watching that scene. I space bar when it hits, but I don't have an infarc if I wind up watching the whole thing. It's just a game. It's gonna be OK.

:rolleyes:

Edited by branmakmuffin

And of course it's not possible that someone is doing it for the first time, or that someone just likes watching that scene. I space bar when it hits, but I don't have an infarc if I wind up watching the whole thing. It's just a game. It's gonna be OK.

Neither do I.

And noone should have an infarc if they don't watch that cutscente that time. It's just a game. It's gonna be OK.

If we were talking about any other (story mode) flashpoint I would be with you on this.... But KDY is only good to grind xp points and lose brain cells.

Ok then, but if someone does esc the cutscene and the same thing that happened to the OP happens, doesn't that mean it just takes longer before the group is together again?

So actually not esc'ing it migh be the fastest route in that case?

Why take the risk of longer delays instead of enjoying the pretty shuttle ride?

If you click the door twice (yes, twice) this can/will happen. This is well-known bug.

If this happens in future:

- Click Exit Area button (top part of minimap) and leave instance. Don't quit the group or logout!

- When you're out click GF icon and it should give you option to travel back

This also can happen if you click the door or move right when everyone else has V over their head and game thinks everyone is ready.

Edited by Halinalle

Irrelevant. If someone wants to watch and someone else escapes, the "escapee" has taken the choice away from the one who wants to watch, almost certainly without asking ahead of time if it's OK.

I'm not the one bemoaning the loss of my "valuable" time (and maybe you're not, either).

do you ask to watch that scene or are you deciding for everyone else that they should watch it?