Re-sub, brought friends back, main features of expansion not working.

HungSoLoh

I have re-subbed and brought friends back to SWTOR. This is for the Collections and Stronghold stuff. I have multiple 50 characters and have achieved a lot in game.

My legacy has next to no completion. All the bosses i have downed and even my legacy levels are not registering on the achievements. I have multiple high-end characters and many alts and no progress on anything.

I put in a ticket and was told nothing they can do, i have to wait for a patch if they ever fix it and no ETA. Ticket automatically closed. The issue not solved and the ticket should remain open. CSR's do this crap every time and fudge response tickets and stats. The issue is not resolved. It is a game breaking issue. i should be refunded my sub money if it it doesn't work.

Not good enough. No customer service. No fix to the issue. No ETA and not allowing me to make any kind of a response.

How can SWTOR ask people to re-sub for an expansion that has it's main features not working?

If you quit prior to achievements being put in to the game, you're out of luck. None of the old stuff I did shows up either with the exception of legacy based things like companion affection or what not. That being said it's ridiculously easy (especially if you brought friends with you) to get a crapload of achievements in no time at all. Edited by mokkh

Achievements not being granted retroactively on older characters has been a thing way before this mini-expansion came out. It isn't just limited to 2.9 or GSH.

Yes, I agree that Bioware should be able to do something to fix it, but even if they can't, it isn't the end of the world (or in this case; galaxy :p).

Edited by Essence_of_Light

If i am walking around in T3 armor and vehicles from bosses it should be easy for them to see i have beaten certain raids. If I am a 50 BH they can easily see i have done the storyline and progressed across planets. If I have legacy level 29 they can see i deserve the boxes according to this??

It makes no sense. I, as a customer, am being punished because of lazy programming and development from internal teams. Due to that laziness they could push the work onto CSR's to sort out by simply looking at my account and characters and what I can at least prove instantly by items in my inventory. Yes, that is extra work for CSR's but why should I be punished for it?

As above i have 2 x BH and i am not making a 3rd character to go through this BS again. Just refund my sub and my cartel money and I'll move on.

If i am walking around in T3 armor and vehicles from bosses it should be easy for them to see i have beaten certain raids. If I am a 50 BH they can easily see i have done the storyline and progressed across planets. If I have legacy level 29 they can see i deserve the boxes according to this??

It makes no sense. I, as a customer, am being punished because of lazy programming and development from internal teams. Due to that laziness they could push the work onto CSR's to sort out by simply looking at my account and characters and what I can at least prove instantly by items in my inventory. Yes, that is extra work for CSR's but why should I be punished for it?

As above i have 2 x BH and i am not making a 3rd character to go through this BS again. Just refund my sub and my cartel money and I'll move on.

I'm sure that the solution is simple in your head.

Fact is you can't have records of stats that you weren't keeping track of. The achievement system is tied to the first time you actually do whatever the achievement is, not a retcon recognition of what you did before. Don't forget the complications brought about from server mergers and all that as well.

While I understand where you're coming from (please believe me, I do), it's naive to think that if the fix was as easy as you think it is that they wouldn't have already done it.

[...] it's naive to think that if the fix was as easy as you think it is that they wouldn't have already done it.

That may be but I also submit that it's naive to think that they do much about easy fixes as well. The sneaky thing about not fixing things is they'll always have the crutch from people in the forums who say things like "you or i have no idea just how hard it is to fix", allowing them to get away with most people simply assuming a fix is too hard to implement. I think regardless of the difficulty of the fix, what it amounts to is simply not being a priority. When the achievements system was put in place, they knew players such as you, me, and the OP were going to get screwed. The have logs and they have means to mine those logs. It is my opinion that they simply wanted all players, old and new alike, to start off on more or less equal footing when it came to achievements requiring doing something X times. They almost certainly made the supposition that it would be viewed very negatively by new players that certain achievements which would take them a very long time to complete were instantly granted to veteran players, even if it made real and actual sense that the veteran players deserved to have those achievements instapop.

tl;dr: I rarely if ever buy the whole "it's probably too difficult to fix" argument.

It is a game breaking issue.

:rolleyes:

Widespread login issues, servers crashing, bugs causing users to be unable to advance their level or complete fundamental parts of content, those are game breaking.

Some guy throwing a tantrum because he didn't get points awarded retroactively to a system added after he'd already left the game? Not so much. Especially when said points serve no purpose outside bragging right amongst the few people who actually care about achievements.

Edited by jedip_enguin

This is a common thing when a game adds an achievement system later in the games life, I've seen it happen many times.

Basically all the game did was give you rewards for completions, it didn't have a system to record your activities like the achievement systems does now. So there was no way to give retroactive achievements.

This is a common thing when a game adds an achievement system later in the games life, I've seen it happen many times.

Basically all the game did was give you rewards for completions, it didn't have a system to record your activities like the achievement systems does now. So there was no way to give retroactive achievements.

True, but if players who logged back in April 2013 got all their Class achievements retroactively, shouldn't it be the same for the returning folks? When RotHC I got ALL my completed Acts unlocked the moment I logged on the relevant character. So how come I have all my Acts 3s and he doesn't?

Sad fact is, op, you could die in a fire and they'll neither notice nor care.

You don't impact their revenue enough. You don't impact anything enough for them to start caring. This issue? It's already a known issue - they don't care.

And you'll shout the stars out of the sky before they start.

Make your peace with that, if you can.

True, but if players who logged back in April 2013 got all their Class achievements retroactively, shouldn't it be the same for the returning folks? When RotHC I got ALL my completed Acts unlocked the moment I logged on the relevant character. So how come I have all my Acts 3s and he doesn't?

This my point. Others had it done when the system came out. It is about subbing back to a Free To Play game (showing suuport) and bringing others back to experience new additions to the game that I cannot get rewarded for, even though I have completed the tasks and paid my fair share, including Collector's Edition in a now Free game.

Thanks to all the nobs who say "crying over stuff" and it isnt important. Love the forum flaming input. It IS important. It IS possible to work out as i have explained, they can see the achievements. I have played MMO since 1999 and it would be work but it should be possible and should have been done prior to release or not implimented.

I am only asking for what I am entitled too.

Sad fact is, op, you could die in a fire and they'll neither notice nor care.

You don't impact their revenue enough. You don't impact anything enough for them to start caring. This issue? It's already a known issue - they don't care.

And you'll shout the stars out of the sky before they start.

Make your peace with that, if you can.

Good advice. Thanks

It's just BS to see this every time in MMO's, knowing they have the means to fix the issues.

Good advice. Thanks

It's just BS to see this every time in MMO's, knowing they have the means to fix the issues.

I entirely agree, mate. What to do of it though?

We ever solve that quandary successfully, well be onto something.

Edited by Uruare

You should get achievements for things that were possible to track beofre. That usually means thing that had Codex entries or were static (like exploration).

There were some errors that caused certain thing to not be granted retroactively (like certain chapter/planet completion), but lot of this has been fixed.

This my point. Others had it done when the system came out. It is about subbing back to a Free To Play game (showing suuport) and bringing others back to experience new additions to the game that I cannot get rewarded for, even though I have completed the tasks and paid my fair share, including Collector's Edition in a now Free game.

Thanks to all the nobs who say "crying over stuff" and it isnt important. Love the forum flaming input. It IS important. It IS possible to work out as i have explained, they can see the achievements. I have played MMO since 1999 and it would be work but it should be possible and should have been done prior to release or not implimented.

I am only asking for what I am entitled too.

Just because you don't like what they have to say it doesn't make it "flaming."

snip

My legacy has next to no completion. All the bosses i have downed and even my legacy levels are not registering on the achievements. I have multiple high-end characters and many alts and no progress on anything.

snip

How can SWTOR ask people to re-sub for an expansion that has it's main features not working?

IIRC, when I came back I had to choose a new legacy name for the levels to show up, I also had to log in with each character across my legacy for the other various completion achievements to "trigger."

The "bosses you have downed" aren't going to be recognized though, until you down them while the achievement system is watching.