Conquest points transparancy

siegeshot

So Begeren crashed, down for a few hours. When it came back we were knocked off leaderboards by two guilds for a whopping 150k+ conquest points each.

I know it's mathematically possible, however unlikely... all I want to know is why we can't get some transparency to this system? If everything is legit then this shouldn't be an issue.

No conquest assignments after 24 hours from conquest start.

Ability to see top 50 per planet

Ability to see breakdown of how the points were earned by guild by objective

Ability to see your own points and your guild mates that are earned, when, and how, and ability to SORT ACCORDINGLY.

Please support my idea for a transparent and fair conquest system.

Thanks.

Edited by siegeshot

Ability to see your own points and your guild mates that are earned, when, and how, and ability to SORT ACCORDINGLY.

You can somewhat do this right now, although the sort is wonky and it doesn't say "when" the points were earned.

1. Open the guild roster.

2. Detailed view.

3. Show offline players

4. Click the little arrow in the last column.

5. Pick Conquest points.

Unfortunately , the sort is alphanumeric, which means that 800 comes after 75000.

Edited by Khevar

You can somewhat do this right now, although the sort is wonky and it doesn't say "when" the points were earned.

1. Open the guild roster.

2. Detailed view.

3. Show offline players

4. Click the little arrow in the last column.

5. Pick Conquest points.

Unfortunately , the sort is alphanumeric, which means that 800 comes after 75000.

The OP might have gone over your head I think. What the OP is asking for is conquest points details for other guilds. I'm willing to bet the OP knows how to view his own guilds details, and if not, then he/she has bigger problems :p

(Personally, I think the entire conquest system is crap, but I admit I'm biased because it is nothing more than a useless time sink that gets me absolutely nothing because I choose not to join a huge guild or a smaller one where everyone is expected to bust their asses beyond reason in order to have a snowball's chance in hell of even showing up on the leader board. Sorry, don't mean to railroad the thread but my patience has kind of worn out waiting for real and actual content to be delivered to the game (yes SH's count, but it has been little more than a passing distraction). But I digress....)

Honestly, I'm all for any changes to this system that will piss off the big guilds and leet players while I sit back, eat popcorn, and watch the forums become engulfed in flame. On second thought, I'd rather the devs work on new, substantive content (yes that is rather subjective and open-ended).

tl;dr: I'm feeling rather cynical today and couldn't give two steaming piles of ***** what they do to the conquest system as long as it doesn't interfere with roll-out of new content. I'll be moving along now...

The OP might have gone over your head I think.

You didn't read the sentence I quoted:

Note highlighted words: "Your own points and your guild mates"

The rest of his post was about other guilds, and I have no comment on that. But since he was asking for a way to view "your own guild mates", I figured I'd help him out.

You didn't read the sentence I quoted:

Note highlighted words: "Your own points and your guild mates"

The rest of his post was about other guilds, and I have no comment on that. But since he was asking for a way to view "your own guild mates", I figured I'd help him out.

I suppose it could be interpreted that way, so I cede the point. I had read it as the OP wanting to see all of those things via the Conquest interface.

Yeah sorry I couldn't figure out how to word it right.

Your own guild:

How to see who got what points - already done

How to see their points, sortable

Be able to see the breakdown of your score

Other guilds:

Be able to see a graph of how their points were earned per objective, per day

See a spread of # of guild members that did the highest % contribution. Eg. 4 members contributed 80%

Give this some transparency so we can decide whether or not to even bother doing conquests anymore. I'm going to continue calling BS when week after week we get surpassed by 100-200k in mere hours by guilds springing out of nowhere.

If you are contented with making the top 10 and not being top spot small guilds where no one is expected to do anything will work fine too, I promise. Have your guild leader keep track of the earning potential for rival guilds and pick your planets wisely. My small guild has managed just fine last couple weeks placing 8th twice and in the running for the same spot this week. The competition at the bottom 3 spots is just as exciting as the competition for first place. More it seems to me because at the top there is usually just one guild who doubles everyone elses points total.

SO you're doing this because you think you're being cheated? Because you want to try to poach those members away from that guild?

If we go into Sunday night with less than a 200-300k advantage over 10th place we just make sure that we queue a tonne of crafting missions for Monday morning. Wake up Monday, log in to each alt and have a couple other members doing this and there's your sudden 200k boost mate. Sorry.

Methinks OP asketh too much.

Edited by AesirUesugi

Personally, I think the entire conquest system is crap, but I admit I'm biased because it is nothing more than a useless time sink that gets me absolutely nothing because I choose not to join a huge guild or a smaller one where everyone is expected to bust their asses beyond reason in order to have a snowball's chance in hell of even showing up on the leader board. Sorry, don't mean to railroad the thread but my patience has kind of worn out waiting for real and actual content to be delivered to the game (yes SH's count, but it has been little more than a passing distraction

I'd make this my signature, but it's a few characters too long.

I see nothing good coming from this suggestion to be honest.

You want to see how the big guilds are earning points? For what purpose? Simple no coding/patch solution... ask them. Its not a huge secret. We all see the same screen, it shows you clearly how to earn points. If thats not enough, go here (thanks dulfy). Plan ahead, direct your members (if that is what you want to do) into the most profitable solution for you.

Ability to see how guildies earned their conquest points, and when? Why? All I see this becoming is a Guild Hammer to beat on guildies to get them to play the game the way you want them to play. I can see this turning into... "Hey, why are you running Heroics... you can earn more by doing PvP", "If you aren't running 5 GSF matches a day, you will be kicked".

God forbid someone has an idea to add some transparency to a system that seems to, at best, be hardwired to a damn black hole somewhere.

Congrats. It's useless to post anything on this damn forum. USELESS! Do you people have ANYTHING better to do???? Bio's little guardian community that make sure they don't ever have to code, develop, progress, or enhance any of their systems....... What good do you bring? What value have you brought lately, shutting down every idea that doesn't fit your narrow playstyle and even narrower mind. You don't give a damn about anyone else and especially not the game.

Conquest system needs transparency. They're called metrics. Dashboards. Info. Data. Conquests need it. Get over it and lead or get the hell out of the way.

Edited by siegeshot

Congrats. It's useless to post anything on this damn forum.

There are a grand total of 2 posts in this thead that disagree with your premise. Don't take it so damned personally. You can either debate the people who disagree with you, or ignore them.

And if you can't be bothered to defend your ideas against people that disagree with them, why should ANYONE take you seriously?

God forbid someone has an idea to add some transparency to a system that seems to, at best, be hardwired to a damn black hole somewhere.

Congrats. It's useless to post anything on this damn forum. USELESS! Do you people have ANYTHING better to do???? Bio's little guardian community that make sure they don't ever have to code, develop, progress, or enhance any of their systems....... What good do you bring? What value have you brought lately, shutting down every idea that doesn't fit your narrow playstyle and even narrower mind. You don't give a damn about anyone else and especially not the game.

Conquest system needs transparency. They're called metrics. Dashboards. Info. Data. Conquests need it. Get over it and lead or get the hell out of the way.

As someone said, you want to know what they are doing... the game already has that. You can directly ask them, or you can even do a /who <guild name> search, look at where their characters are and you can deduce what activities they are up to at that moment:

Are they on a stronghold world? Good chance they're crafting.

In a warzone? Good chance they're PVP'ing.

In the group finder operation? Good chance they are PVE'ing for the group finder completion.

In a flashpoint? Good chance they are PVE'ing for a flashpoint objective.

On a planet available for conquest? Good chance they are PVE'ing that planets NPC's or heroics.

On a GSF map? Good chance they are doing GSF.

On your faction's fleet? They may be crafting or gathering for a Commander raid.

Other than the ability to literally stalk the people you want to track, what more do you want? If you want to be some kind of Conquest police, that isn't going to happen...

Could they add more metrics? Probably... would be nice to see the guilds just out of the money. But the rest you are asking for sounds like straws to grasp to be able to report people you *think* are cheating the Conquest system.

Edited by azudelphi