Maintenance: September 4th, 2014

TaitWatson

6 hours? One of the Pub side guilds had over a million points within 6 minutes of the event starting, and only 8 players online. I guess they queued up a heck of a lot of crafting?

If you queued up a full 25 invasion forces and invaded Voss you could get over 180k per character, and that only requires 6 chars to break a million points.

Here's how it would go for most people if US servers went down like that:

Step 1: Notice Servers are down.

Step 2: Do something else until servers return.

Step 3: Play SWTOR.

Now, here's how it would go for the vocal players who like to complain about their "suffering" on forums:

Step 1: Notice servers are down.

Step 2: Complain on forums and/or Reddit.

Step 3: Continue to complain long after servers come back up.

Well it'd be a lot more like:

Step 1: Servers go down

Step 2: It's 3 am so in USA barely anyone notices

Step 3: If servers go down again at 6 am don't stress

While for other times it's more Step 2 again, but during primetime so everyone notices. Servers don't seem to crash USA primetime often and when they do boy are they vocal about it.

Thank you, great Ptach!

What does this refer to? From the patch notes:

Ensured that the historical ownership of conquered planets is correct.

I've been reading the forums, but I think I missed the thread(s) about this. Is it related to another part of the patch notes, about a guild losing ownership of a conquered planet after a server restart?

Thank you, great Ptach!

What does this refer to? From the patch notes:

I've been reading the forums, but I think I missed the thread(s) about this. Is it related to another part of the patch notes, about a guild losing ownership of a conquered planet after a server restart?

Correct! There was an issue where - after a server restart - guilds lost control of the planets they conquered. We are fixing that issue, and we just want to ensure that the record of planet owners is correct as well.

I'm surprised people are so negative about the devs. Yes, they made a number of mistakes, but they've obviously done well enough in the first place that you are disappointed that you're missing your game time. Give the HUMANS a break and let them fix. I doubt most/any of those complaining have any real programming/dev team experience of their own to know what kind of hell fixes like this can be. I can almost assure you they don't enjoy the process.

Americans shouldn't be the only ones who are not affected by patches. Even if they are a majority, you could at least do SOME of the patches during their playtime. By the percent of european player counts I say.

Moving it up 3 hours dosent sound unreasonable right? I mean how many americans play at 6am and it wouldn't be during euro prime time either.