City of Hero's could be making a return....

ImmortalLowlife

I'd love COH to come back but......:::Cries, remembering Virtue, full of his ****** 50's IO'd to the hilt::::: Find a way to bring back our characters, assuming the servers didn't just get wiped and melted into scrap, and I can tell you people would have explosive joy. That was my first MMO, played it well for 4 odd years.

Yeah, I think that will be everyone's first question: are there backups? Not just for characters, but there were a lot of user-generated missions that people put a lot of effort into.

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing!

For now NCSoft is having none of it. (It's actually mentioned at the end of the video that was linked)

Thanks for the info. I was unable to watch the video. So it's a long-shot, then.

The characters at least.

It honestly leaves me in doubt as to whether I'd go back if the game returned or not...

After being used to having everything, returning as a lowly scrub that doesn't have any of the power sets unlocked is a very bitter pill to swallow, and the desire to pay for it all over again is very small to say the least. Not to mention all the lost veteran rewards.

And to make matters worse, it kinda sounds like they'll be licensing it from NCSoft - so if they decide to be douchebags again a couple of years down the line it's bye bye to your entire investment again. :(

I'm currently leaning towards "no".

Edited by Callaron

Yeah, I think that will be everyone's first question: are there backups? Not just for characters, but there were a lot of user-generated missions that people put a lot of effort into.

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing!

If there aren't backups, then that is a shame...

However... and this is a key thing...

Does the hardware still exist? Just having the backups doesn't mean much if the hardware isn't there and the people who knew how to keep it running are now all doing something else.

Yea, you can build new hardware and try to put it all back together, but it isn't the same...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love COH to come back but......:::Cries, remembering Virtue, full of his ****** 50's IO'd to the hilt::::: Find a way to bring back our characters, assuming the servers didn't just get wiped and melted into scrap, and I can tell you people would have explosive joy. That was my first MMO, played it well for 4 odd years.

There was a Titan application that they made available before CoH shut down that we ran to save our character's data to be used in the future should this happen. Now I know it saved the character's customization & appearance, but I can't recall if it also saved the power sets and enhancements slots, etc. I'll have to go back and look.

There was a Titan application that they made available before CoH shut down that we ran to save our character's data to be used in the future should this happen. Now I know it saved the character's customization & appearance, but I can't recall if it also saved the power sets and enhancements slots, etc. I'll have to go back and look.

Yep, I think the program was called "Sentinel" or something.

It did save everything. But the question is will we be allowed to send those files if Missing Worlds Media does manage to acquire the game?