The Harbinger, Begeren Colony, and The Bastion currently unavailable

TaitWatson

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes 2 minutes of their time. My subscription alone should cover their "salary" for 2 minutes.

They log into the game, type /sysmessage Servers will be going down in 2 minutes. Please check the forums for updates. (Or whatever the command entry is for this game's backend)

When you enter a system message in you can tell it how often to repeat the message. They only have to type it ONCE then. I spent more than 2 minutes trying to get back into the game thinking I disconnected.

And if in that 2 minutes something happens that causes your character to be completely ****ed after they fix it? Your lvl 55 in full DM gear? You lose everything?

I'm going to be that guy for all you people ************ about not getting a *********** warning that the servers were going to go down and your didn't get to finish your *********** flashpoint.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7651274#edit7651274

Read the first post on this thread, quit your ************, wait for it to come back up.

I personally am glad they shut it down immediately without warning.

I suggest reading a book for the time being. I, for one, have chosen to read the novel Revan atm. Good read, and I still get my Star Wars fix while the servers are down. Plus, for the Jedi Knight players out there, Lord Scourge is one of the main characters so that's a nice little nugget.:)

I suggest reading a book for the time being. I, for one, have chosen to read the novel Revan atm. Good read, and I still get my Star Wars fix while the servers are down. Plus, for the Jedi Knight players out there, Lord Scourge is one of the main characters so that's a nice little nugget.:)

Or try Vogon poetry...

Pay attention!

1. Oricon gear (full set)

2. Pizza

3. fried ponies

4. 5000 cc's

If you want on the list, you must submit it in triplicate from a mimeographic stencil.

You forgot Weapons Grade Plutonium *senses 50 NSA computers tripping red flags*.

The problem with those books is they are mostly written by hacks that couldn't sell their own stories, so they cop out.

Why are there so many apologists in this thread? I'm not saying unbridled anger is appropriate, but critical feedback is helpful to both the company and the consumer. We're ask for better notification of downtime and potentially reimbursement for game time lost. That seems fair to me. If EA/Bioware listens to this feedback and responds, the customers will be more satisfied with their product, and they will make more money. Everyone wins in that scenario.

No one wins if the "shut up and stop complaining" people get their way. We get an inferior experience, and EA/Bioware loses customers.

The problem with those books is they are mostly written by hacks that couldn't sell their own stories, so they cop out.

This man obviously hasn't read the Bane books or the Thrawn Trilogy. Just because you are in an existing IP does not mean you are an uncreative hack. If anything, it takes a certain finesse to develop a popular, yet original story while sticking to the tenents and pre-existing lore of Star wars. And unlike other franchises, Leland Chee, before disney, enforced a singular universe canon that all books/games/etc were part of.

Keep in mind, Kotor, Kotor 2, and the stories of several other SW games are widely praised and they are all part of an existing IP. Those writers are not hacks. imo.

Edited by Zyrious

It takes 2 minutes of their time. My subscription alone should cover their "salary" for 2 minutes.

They log into the game, type /sysmessage Servers will be going down in 2 minutes. Please check the forums for updates. (Or whatever the command entry is for this game's backend)

When you enter a system message in you can tell it how often to repeat the message. They only have to type it ONCE then. I spent more than 2 minutes trying to get back into the game thinking I disconnected.

/sysmessage We will make you cry in 2 minutes........would that have worked?