HK-51 at Low Levels Questions

BFB_Dman

This, 200%

I remember reading a story from one of the original devs about how they originally had planned Tython with a non-basic speaking species instead of the (or was it) Twi' leks. He said that after playing a few hours you wanted to throw a brick at your monitor.

Trust me, with that furbag it don't even take that long. I had the unfortunate luck to end up being grouped once with someone who used it (it's an animal after all), and I'm sorry to say, I had to offer the choice asking the player to swap his companion or abandoning the group.

All in all, I see it as the lazyman's companion. It's way too overpowered making an already toned down game even more boringly easy. After all, the game difficulty was setup with the original companions in mind. Since then a lot of quests and planets have been reduced in difficulty because of the whining of those wanting to skip from 1 to 50 in a day. Then came that furbag and folks just didn't have to do anything themselves anymore. They just pointed and said "go kill" while they stood at a safe distance.

No, can't stand the beast and can't have much respect for the type of player who feels he or she cannot possibly do without. You might as well ask someone else to level up your character for you, that's how I feel about that mongrel.

That's even ignoring the fact it feels absolutely and totally unbelievable to have a species in game from a planet that wasn't even discovered at the time if I'm not mistaken. (couldn't be bothered to check on this, but seem to remember having read something saying as much)

I can certainly understand you dont like Treek, and perhaps feel like it puts the game in easy mode...but to deride those that use the companion or wished for the leveling process to be quicker/easier?

There are many folks that want to get to end game, where you find the WORK. End game content can be difficult, as it should be. Why insult players that wish to get to real work as quickly as possible?

Besides the personal feeling I have that deriding other players for how they wish to play seems a bit odd. In this case I don't see how someone using Treek would effect your gameplay....so I find the disdain odd.

I can certainly understand you dont like Treek, and perhaps feel like it puts the game in easy mode...but to deride those that use the companion or wished for the leveling process to be quicker/easier?

There are many folks that want to get to end game, where you find the WORK. End game content can be difficult, as it should be. Why insult players that wish to get to real work as quickly as possible?

Besides the personal feeling I have that deriding other players for how they wish to play seems a bit odd. In this case I don't see how someone using Treek would effect your gameplay....so I find the disdain odd.

It's obvious they can't afford Treek and are bitter.

Treek used to irritate me, but now it's just like background noise. :)

I usually play without sound.

Between the people who constantly open CM Packs in crowded areas, and the constant sound of lightsabers being used, I had my sound muted in the game long before I ever had Treek.

Someone did a test a while back with Treek vs a regular healing companion (in equivalent gear).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4wD3dVmw0

Mako lasted 44 seconds and got the mob to 60% hp before dying.

Treek (heal stance) lasted 49 seconds and got the mob to 35% hp before dying.

Treek (tank stance) lasted 43 seconds and got the mob to 10% hp before dying.

So by the numbers, Treek is a very good healer or tank companion.

That said, the chittering really gets on my nerves. ;)

Honestly Treeks chat is awesome for me anyway. I love Treek and love talking to her. Different strokes for different folks though right? :p

Statement: Let's eliminate these troublemakers, master.

I have both Treek and HK51, I know what a shocker, I've been running HK on a low-level BH tank. HK just does so much damage at the low to mid levels that gear isn't really as needed as compared to other companions. Treek still needs to be kept up as you level, whereas HK can skate by with weapon upgrades and the bits and pieces you manage to get your hands on as you level. Or if you're cybertech then you can simply over-gear HK and blasty blast your way to town. I like both, for various reasons, so it really comes down to what you want to do. IA and HK makes a fun pair, I have that as well, basically two snipers doing high initial damage = fast elimination of troublemakers.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but unlocking HK for alts is gonna cost ya 430CC's (IIRC) or a million credits...on each character. That said IMO he's totally worth it for leveling. I've unlocked him for every one of my healer toons, and he's the only companion I use for them. When you absolutely positively have to kill every Npc in the room....HK is a beast. :D. Plus...the things he says at random....ROFLMAO.

It's obvious they can't afford Treek and are bitter.

LOL, I get attacked about having an opinion about folks who think they cannot live without the furball, and your response is automaticaly categorizing me as someone who could not afford that bag of flees? Typical.

Tell you what, I could unlock her on all my characters if I wanted to, but even if you would offer me as many millions as I have alts, I wouldn't unlock it on even one of them. Not even for the most rare object in the game. I'd sooner just quit playing, that's how I feel about it so keep your high and mighty attitude and stick it were the sun don't shine. At least I have an opinion of my own

Edited by LeJarC

Save up a million and get a Treek contract.

Treek comes with level 10 gear and is quite easy to gear up.

Treek also can be used as a tank or healer

Treek = OP and better than most healers in FP's/Heroics from many experiences with accuracy/defense stacking healers

Droid parts are hard to come by and most past level 20 have defense on them which HK cannot use.

If you do not replace his main hand his assassinate target with 5 stacks will miss.

Interesting how this post has very little to do with HK, since it's mostly about how Treek is better than HK.

On topic, as others have said, just replace his level 50 gear with level appropriate gear.

And not sure where you get the part about HK being unable to use defense items. They may not be ideal, but he can certainly use them and get the defense benefit.

Edited by branmakmuffin

LOL, I get attacked about having an opinion about folks who think they cannot live without the furball, and your response is automaticaly categorizing me as someone who could not afford that bag of flees? Typical.

Tell you what, I could unlock her on all my characters if I wanted to, but even if you would offer me as many millions as I have alts, I wouldn't unlock it on even one of them. Not even for the most rare object in the game. I'd sooner just quit playing, that's how I feel about it so keep your high and mighty attitude and stick it were the sun don't shine. At least I have an opinion of my own

Do you feel what I stated was an attack? If that is the case, wouldn't your statement be considered an attack as well? If it offended you in some way, I offer my apologies.

Shure, you keep struggling with your supposed non lazy leveling and dying to that champion mob while me and Treek and HK and whoever I feel like using will have the time of our life.

Also to the bolded part.

Everyone has their own opinion. Deal with it.