In one week there will be no more new content announced

collinc

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know of no firm details on anything past a week from today. PAX came and went with no announcement of anything. What the hell is going on? Are you really launching 2.10 next week with no further content being announced?

I don't think you know how patches work, patches never go above a .9, if anything, they're gonna wait until the end of the year, when they launch their new expansion, (which has yet to be announced) to launch 3.0

I don't think you know how patches work, patches never go above a .9, if anything, they're gonna wait until the end of the year, when they launch their new expansion, (which has yet to be announced) to launch 3.0

Um, I think, perhaps, it is you who don't know how software version numbers work. Plenty of programs have x.10 (and more), and Bioware have already said that 2.10 is coming next week on the 9th.

Although other people have clearly pointed it out, in software versioning it is very common to go from 2.9 to 2.10. Don't think of it like a number, think of it like a string(or character set). That's why they do things like 2.9a and 2.9b, because it's a version string not a number.

Also, yes, the new expansion is yet to be announced. That's what I'm saying is the problem. Nothing has been announced, and as a result there is no announced content past a week from today.

Edited by collinc

We know of no firm details on anything past a week from today. PAX came and went with no announcement of anything. What the hell is going on? Are you really launching 2.10 next week with no further content being announced?

You clearly haven't been paying attention. They've been saying for a while that they're working on an expansion that'll be released before the end of the year.

You also haven't been paying attention to how they release info. They only talk about the 'next' thing in the cycle and in this case, it's 2.10. Once 2.10 is here, you'll start hearing about 3.0 and the next expansion.

Naturally enough, whatever information they release won't be enough to satisfy some folk and they'll rush to the forums to post in ALL CAPS POSTS about how terrible the company is, maintenance mode, game is dying, money grab, milking it to the very last.

Patience, grasshopper. BW has learned, finally, that information control is important when it comes to MMOs.

You clearly haven't been paying attention. They've been saying for a while that they're working on an expansion that'll be released before the end of the year.

You also haven't been paying attention to how they release info. They only talk about the 'next' thing in the cycle and in this case, it's 2.10. Once 2.10 is here, you'll start hearing about 3.0 and the next expansion.

Naturally enough, whatever information they release won't be enough to satisfy some folk and they'll rush to the forums to post in ALL CAPS POSTS about how terrible the company is, maintenance mode, game is dying, money grab, milking it to the very last.

Patience, grasshopper. BW has learned, finally, that information control is important when it comes to MMOs.

Yes they've been saying that for a while, but talk is cheap. They don't only talk about the 'next' thing in the cycle, that's why we got a roadmap at the beginning of the year describing multiple updates.

Who is BW learning from? I really wish they would go to a different teacher. Would you agree World of Warcraft is a fairly successful MMO? Their next expansion releasing in November was announced last November. Now maybe a year in advance is too much, but this whole "not announce anything ever" schtick is no good either.

I can't recall them ever going to a .10 for SWTOR. Things like 2.8b or 2.8.1 yes.

Version numbering aside, we've already gotten some info about 3.0 like major class/sub-class rebalancing.

I haven't seen any information about major class/sub-class rebalancing. Other than the fact that they plan on doing it. But that would naturally happen in any level increase expansion.

Yes they've been saying that for a while, but talk is cheap. They don't only talk about the 'next' thing in the cycle, that's why we got a roadmap at the beginning of the year describing multiple updates.

Who is BW learning from? I really wish they would go to a different teacher. Would you agree World of Warcraft is a fairly successful MMO? Their next expansion releasing in November was announced last November. Now maybe a year in advance is too much, but this whole "not announce anything ever" schtick is no good either.

I would not call WoW successful anymore. They've lost, on average, a million subs per year for the last 5 years.

On topic, if you were paying attention, you'd know that your complaint is nothing new. People are constantly coming on here, demanding information that they never get. That's because they don't talk about 2 or 3 patches down the line. They hype up the 'next' thing. If you had spent any time on these forums, you'd have known this and wouldn't have bothered making a thread about it.

So, here's someone who's been on the forums for a while, telling you how it works: They won't talk in great detail about 3.0 and the next expansion until after 2.10 next week.

Come to terms with that.

What information are you referring to last week that you find exciting? Maybe I missed it.

I've posted it several times already but then again, I do assume that the attention span for most people is minimal to zilch, unless it concerns bickering...

Charles Boyd: Thanks! We have a few more in the works for 2.10 and 3.0.
Edited by Darth_Wicked

3.0 by the end of the year. New content in 2015 per James. We have no "details" yet, but that's nothing new...that's how Bioware ALWAYS has been. I hate it as much as you do...but...oh well.

3.0 by the end of the year. New content in 2015 per James. We have no "details" yet, but that's nothing new...that's how Bioware ALWAYS has been. I hate it as much as you do...but...oh well.

You're trying too hard.

Makeb was unveiled by May or June 2012, almost a full year(!!!) before release... How does that translate into "Bioware has ALWAYS been like that" exactly?

2.10 is the significant patch that follows 2.9; doesn't have to be a huge content update or whatever, it's just their notation for indicating it is more than just a hotfix / bug change which they use the 2.Xa, 2.Xb etc notation.

2.10 according to the PTS is a class balancing patch... so that's what's happening here.

Ah that one. Yeah I saw that. Its interesting but abit sparse on details to really draw what their going to be doing with these updates.

Regardless, it's the first time a Bioware employee ever refers to the expansion for what it is: 3.0.

That and the fact Charles says they're working on story blog entries for it implies - at the very least(!) - it is already around the corner, regardless of what some naysayers may imply.

In other words, now that people know for sure it's coming, they could probably try to relax, take a deep breath, enjoy Part 3 for Forged Alliances next week and just... Let go.

2.10 is the significant patch that follows 2.9; doesn't have to be a huge content update or whatever, it's just their notation for indicating it is more than just a hotfix / bug change which they use the 2.Xa, 2.Xb etc notation.

2.10 according to the PTS is a class balancing patch... so that's what's happening here.

It will also include the last part for Forged Alliances. That makes it 2.10 worthy IMHO.

It will also include the last part for Forged Alliances. That makes it 2.10 worthy IMHO.

You know, I almost put that in my post, but I couldn't remember if they made the flashpoint playable on the PTS.

Appreciate the clarification. I too am quite excited to visit:

Lehon / Rakata Prime again.

You know, I almost put that in my post, but I couldn't remember if they made the flashpoint playable on the PTS.

Appreciate the clarification. I too am quite excited to visit:

Lehon / Rakata Prime again.

It was listed on the Group Finder and the little droid for the flashpoint was also(!) next to the other two for Korriban and Tython.

They just chose NOT to make it accessible or publicly bug testing it because... Well... You know. :D

It was listed on the Group Finder and the little droid for the flashpoint was also(!) next to the other two for Korriban and Tython.

They just chose NOT to make it accessible or publicly bug testing it because... Well... You know. :D

Okay, that was my understanding of the situation... wasn't sure if they were going to push it live without playable testing though.

But yes, Forged Alliances: Part III makes 2.10 a highly desirable patch.

Okay, that was my understanding of the situation... wasn't sure if they were going to push it live without playable testing though.

But yes, Forged Alliances: Part III makes 2.10 a highly desirable patch.

Eric confirmed last week or the one before it, during a Twitch stream I believe. :(

Here's hoping players inside the flashpoint don't get stuck inside a...

Rakata mind trap

and are prevented from finishing it. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

wat

They could go to patch 2.45.0 if they wanted.

there is a reason there is two decimal points in the patch number.