Please, for the love of god..

WaldoA

Remove the repeatable conquest dailly from PvP.

Solo PUG PvP was bad enough before conquest with everyone playing the Damage hero. Now it's beyond a joke.

These people join PvP and really don't care for the outcome at all, they just want to mess about because they know they are going to be rewarded regardless of the outcome.

I am by no means an elitist, but I can pull my own weight in PvP. It's physically impossible to carry a whole team unless the enemy team are all single digit IQ.

Please. Add a weekly or something, not a infinitely repeatable objective for PvE players to abuse.

and that's the problem with PvP. The fact that you don't actually have to do anything at all to be rewarded. All other content in this game requires you to get off your *** and do something.

That is true.

my last game there was Quesh Huttball. I managed to hide at the side of enemy ramp with their ball and kept knocking them off everytime they jumped down. I lasted a good minute before I finally died, in that time not 1 single member of my team came to help.

So, I sat in the corner for the rest of the game and done nothing.

End of the match comes, I still top medal board and I get 101 comms for a loss. When I get what? .. 140 for a win?

not click this link where hj ask you can not check link it is hack now all my information on gonkong not click link it is china hack if you loggined on website all yours information will be robbed with password and email

What?

Edited by WaldoA

8 medals is far too easy.

No, after that it distorts good play by encouraging people to medal farm. For example, an Operative healer who starts trying to do damage to get in the medals.

We need an objective that will force people to try, but not be so difficult that it has unintended consequences.

No, after that it distorts good play by encouraging people to medal farm. For example, an Operative healer who starts trying to do damage to get in the medals.

We need an objective that will force people to try, but not be so difficult that it has unintended consequences.

To get more than 8 medals on a consistent basis you either have to be awesome in matches that are going well, or you have to step outside of your role.

Or just be awesome enough to rape when the rest of your team is getting new holes torn into them.

a sage sorc healer can go get a turret, and heal themselves to 8-10 easily and never attack anything, never heal anyone eother than themselves, hell they can almost get that without doing anything other than healing themselves

and that's the problem with PvP. The fact that you don't actually have to do anything at all to be rewarded. All other content in this game requires you to get off your *** and do something.
Which is why conquests will become a fad and die within a month. People will think it's ok to go out of their way and run some flashpoints and whatnot, things they normally never play, for extra points during a week or two but then they'll realize that it's effing boring and they'll go back to their old habits. The problem is just that most players arent diverse enough to accumulate points by simply playing the game in a normal fashion so their conquest points will drop to the points that they just won't bother.

Hence, I think things will go back to normal soon. The PvE'ers will earn much less points by only signing in for their normal operations and whatnot so to be able to reach 35K they'd have to farm 50 warzones, in addition to the points they might unlock the normal way, and that will be too much for them. Or I could be completely wrong. All I know is that I suffered through flashpoints I don't normally play for the first two conquest periods and I'm done now. I'm not going to sit through **** I don't actually want to play just for the sake of some points another week. I hope the PvE'ers reach the same conclusion, in regards to PvP.

Edited by MidichIorian

The whole medal system needs an over haul to promote team work and goals... Not death matching... If they want to death match that is what arena is for

It should also take into account character classes... ie if a stealth is guarding a node, then they may not get many medals... But they are one of the best to guard as they can stealth cc till help arrives and also burst DPS on at least single target to protect

What about the tank that runs the Hutt ball... Is only guarding himself and doing no DPS, but scores multiple times... Or the support people in Huttball... Sorc/sage force pulling the ball carrier and stunning the enemy and sprinting ahead...Or the stealth camping their line or holding mid, getting the ball and passing straight away

Team work, no matter which WZ is essential to win... Why not promote this in the medal system to show people who contributed the most... As it stands most people think the biggest DPS or Healz (even if they were bad), should get the vote... Hence the glory hounds run around death matching, brag how good they were... You lose the match because of them and then they get all the votes

So yes, please either remove the decorations from pvp or/and over haul the medal system, while putting goals to achieve those medals

Remove the repeatable conquest dailly from PvP.

Solo PUG PvP was bad enough before conquest with everyone playing the Damage hero. Now it's beyond a joke.

These people join PvP and really don't care for the outcome at all, they just want to mess about because they know they are going to be rewarded regardless of the outcome.

I am by no means an elitist, but I can pull my own weight in PvP. It's physically impossible to carry a whole team unless the enemy team are all single digit IQ.

Please. Add a weekly or something, not a infinitely repeatable objective for PvE players to abuse.

generalizing other people's behavior, assuming to know their motives and blaming them for lost games sounds a lot like elitism.

Edited by mighty_joe

I average about twelve medals on my sorc from playing the objectives. That includes my heavy damage in them but when most objectives involve killing something, I dont hear anyone complaining

generalizing other people's behavior, assuming to know their motives and blaming them for lost games sounds a lot like elitism.

It's not elitism at all.

Many PvP players join the game to win. Then there is the large group of people who play just to top the board.

Look at my last example.. I held the ball under quesh huttball ramp for atleast a minute with several of the enemy team trying to kill me. In that time not one person on my team even made the effort to help. When I respawned there was 4 of them stood on the top of our spawn attacking people below.

You're damn right I'm going to blame them. That doesn't make me an elitist. I believe I was the only person in my team trying to win the match. The rest were all just running around attacking people. That gives me a pretty clear view of their motives and I have every right to blame the loss on them.

conquest

[kon-kwest, kong-]

noun

the act or state of conquering or the state of being conquered; vanquishment.

the winning of favor, affection, love, etc.:

the conquest of Antony by Cleopatra.

a person whose favor, affection, etc., has been won:

He's another one of her conquests.

anything acquired by conquering, as a nation, a territory, or spoils.

Hence you should only get points and reward for WINNING THE WARZONE.. the End..

Edited by prodigyqnz

Hence you should only get points and reward for WINNING THE WARZONE.. the End..

I did find this to be funny, as the guild that managed to conquer Makeb on our server actually lost every single ranked match they played against teams that didn't wear their guild tag. They ultimately were terrible in terms of skill at the game, yet they managed to conquer the planet because they had a vast number of people just throwing themselves out for others to farm.

Which ultimately, I feel as if the devs should implicate: ranked WZ losses should mean nothing towards conquest points, even point losses to prevent farming. Wins in ranked arenas should be the only gains in points for that bracket, and I would go as far as saying that there needs to be a point loss for people that lose, as many guilds will put multiple teams of 4 into the ranked queue just to farm each other for points.

Overall, the gain in points for ranked WZs and operations needs to be much higher to incentivize people to actually get groups for them and play them. But for WZs, there needs to be a negative reprocussion for farmers and exploiters, so the best way to counter them is place a massive point gain over unranked WZs in ranked and implicate overall point losses towards groups that lose in those WZs.

ELO currently operates under a system of point gaining and losing, why not make conquest do the same for the most competitive element in the game? Or if I can throw out one more idea, why not give a massive point value increase to players with high ELO ratings? IE, taking a person's rating at the start of the weekly event and multiplying it by an amount to where it makes a powerful impact to the score. Like, 2k rating x 100 = 200k conquest points at the start of the event or a different value to make sure it's not too OP.

Edited by ZooMzy

How about changing the quest:

You need to win a game. And only get 3 tries each day.

Each game joined counts, no matter if you leave or quit or disco. You get 3 shots of joining a match. Failed if you don't manage to win one of them.

:D

I could see that objective being completely undermined from lag issues, DCs, and mismatched/early ending to games.

I could see that objective being completely undermined from lag issues, DCs, and mismatched/early ending to games.

Yeah, that would suck, especially if it happens all the time. Then again... if you have disconnects and understaffed games all day every day, you really do need to change something, no? :D

Any part of the game that is visited by a minority of the players is wasted time, money and talent. To combat this mmo's often(but not always) incentivise these activities to make them more appealing to the vast majority. Removing rewards is never going to happen, they want more people playing pvp not less.