Real Friends ID List

kroto

A real friend's ID list or a friend list that is cross faction so you can see your friends online even if they on a different faction. Clearly this is a comfort of life type feature but is very much needed. I have toons on both factions and would be nice to chat with or just see friends log on if your on the opposite faction. Doesnt have to be their real names but maybe instead put a republic or empire symbol next to their toon names so you can tell what faction that toon is on. And also a system that you can see when they last logged in. I know the guild list has this feature but have not seen it on the regular friend list.

While some of these ideas are useful, not everyone likes everyone else to know who thery are all the time. If your feeling antisocial, and just want a alt to play alone without people knwing its you? If you let a relative or roomate make a char on your account to mess around with and or try the game without dealing with F2P/Preff restrictions? Too much is invasion of privacy for some.

While some of these ideas are useful, not everyone likes everyone else to know who thery are all the time. If your feeling antisocial, and just want a alt to play alone without people knwing its you? If you let a relative or roomate make a char on your account to mess around with and or try the game without dealing with F2P/Preff restrictions? Too much is invasion of privacy for some.

Sums up my opinion on this quite well.

Didn't Blizzard try something similar, a while back? It wasn't exactly well received now, was it?

Blizzard's mistake was forcing a person's "RealID" name to be the same as their (as the word implies) actual real name. Seeing as it displays not just on the friends list, but also forums, there was a huge spectacle due to the loss of anonymity. They've since dropped the requirement and you can now set the RealID name to be anything.