Datacrons should be shared

bhgately

I remember when I first saw in the streams leading up to strongholds that there would be datacron decorations. I knew it was a long shot, but at the time I figured it would be the perfect way to incorporate legacy datacrons, simply by tying the decorations to finding the cron, then making the decoration usable by characters in your legacy. Sadly, we all know that this is not how it turned out.

Legacy datacrons needs to be a thing. Sure, most of them are incredibly easy to get, but some of them are far more trouble than they're worth. People like to reference the tatooine balloon, but far worse than those two are the Corellia Willpower, Hoth Cunning, and Makeb Endurance, which, while not particularly hard in their own rights, simply aren't worth the time and effort investment to do again.

i would like to suggest that Datacrons be bound across your legacy.

Legacy codex entries maybe, but the stat bonuses should remain in the "have to be earned per character" category, IMO.

BW apparently agrees.

I point you to this link:

http://torwars.com/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

Which includes the following:

-I asked if datacrons/codex etc. will be added to legacy in future. Datacrons no, achievements yes.

I also believe that Eric Musco has made a statement that legacy datacrons are highly unlikely as they would likely require the a compete redesign of the datacron system.

I have done every datacron there is. I absolutely refuse to do it all again on every character.

They are optional. You do not have to do them again. Do not expect to get those stat bonuses on character's for which you refuse to find those datacrons, though.

Well, considering I did all the datacrons on my main and how long a process it was, it happened to be bugged somehow and I never got the Datacron Master achievement(I have all the codex entries unlocked and the ones that do not provide codex entries as well) and when I reported it I was simply handed a generic response that said, it is a known issue and would be fixed at a later time, that was over a year ago, glad to see the fix is in the works :rolleyes:

So would I like to see them legacy wide, of course then maybe I could finally get my achievement. Do I ever expect the particular issue I ran into to be fixed? fat chance, am I going to do it on another toon? hell no.

I have done every datacron there is. I absolutely refuse to do it all again on every character.

Then you shouldn't get the stat bonuses associated with them.

+40 to all your stats and +10 additional to Endurance and presence from Makeb.

A first level character with these additional stats is too much.

Its bad enough getting your companion buffed with presence something huge from having unlocked all your comps on all the base classes.

If you want the stats, get the 'crons again. None of them are really that far out of the way or unobtainable without a few minutes of work. I get annoyed by a few where you have to wait on a ride (Looking at you Nar Shadda and Tat) but its still not that big of a deal.

A datacron is more than just an encyclopedia entry, its a force created relic that has to be personally experienced to receive full benefit from it.