Conquest dilemnas: Players focusing on one side and the death of smaller guilds

yoomazir

So far I am loving the whole Conquest stuff, but I believe it's current application might be corrosive to the player base in the long term.

The first thing is that in order to get guild rewards, thus meaning have your guild in the Planet top 10 , a player will have to play all his alts on one side... I believe that is a no go, if Bioware wants it's players, old and new, to enjoy all the content SWTOR has to offer, they should rework the system reward, that or you might alienate a portion of the player base.

The second thing is that, most players who wants the guild rewards, will eventually try to join one of the top 10 guilds if they see their current guild isn't up to the task, taht would eventually mean the death of smaller guilds and it would be very, VERY hard for a new one to grow up and expand. This is something else I would like BW try to fix.

Like I said, I enjoy the conquest events but as of right now it leaves me perplex:

- On one side Bioware as managed to make players do stuff they probably never did before for the points and therefore discover never seen areas, events, cutscenes (the Alderaan Heroics comes to mind), that is good, it makes players more aware of all the Bioware's work they put into this game.

- On the other side: what I 've mentioned before, the one side focus and the death of smaller guilds, it's gonna negate all the positive things the Conquest event brings.

Anyway, this was my 2 cents opinion, I'm sure Bioware will improve the formula, I simply hope they will do it soon.

Edited by yoomazir

I don't know how it is on other servers, but on the Bastion, to place in the top ten on most planets this week, you probably would need at most 15 people who've done the 35k(working out to 525k points).

When there are more planets available, this number will probably be lower.

Alternatively less players operating in a more dedicated fashion.

As such, there doesn't seem to be an issue of smaller guilds being able to participate effectively in conquest for the server I'm on(which admittedly has a lower population than other servers).

I don't know how it is on other servers, but on the Bastion, to place in the top ten on most planets this week, you probably would need at most 15 people who've done the 35k(working out to 525k points).

When there are more planets available, this number will probably be lower.

Alternatively less players operating in a more dedicated fashion.

As such, there doesn't seem to be an issue of smaller guilds being able to participate effectively in conquest for the server I'm on(which admittedly has a lower population than other servers).

On Harbinger, most planets #10 ranked guild are close to 2 million.

Easy to place top ten on Jung Ma.

Of all of the guilds that are placing at the top of the leader boards on planets, ours is definitely the smallest. Which speaks volumes for our leadership and our outstanding members. Quality > Quantity for us mate! :D

Safe to say I'm not terribly concerned. But I understand your complaint. For me, the people that take their loyalties to a guild so lightly to change so frivolously... Those aren't the kind of members I'd want anyways.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan