[PETITION] Regarding the farming of fps bug that was fixed last night

DVLots

Dear Devs

I am quite unhappy that this bug was only fixed last night and several guilds have had a chance to use this bug to their advantage and will reap ingame rewards as a result, therefore i propose that any guilds that hasve taken advantage of this be stripped of any associated points for this. Any personal conquest points should remain as they are. I know this could set precedent that Bioware will likely not want to do but alot of people have put alot of effort into getting the points the way Bioware had intended only to find out out others have gotten them quite more easily then others

If anyone of you agrees with this, feel free to add your voice to mine. I am relatively sure though i will get lambasted for this post but so be it

DVLOTS

I say leave them be repeatable, but have the first time through it reward a large amount of conquest points (1k?) and subsequent runs reward a smaller amount (250 - 500 points?)

This would leave them as a viable option for people who don't have a guild with tons of high-level people to do the high-level challenges, and would leave lower-level solo players a way to still achieve the personal rewards if they put in the effort each week. Crafting is another option, but given the market saturation that would result from subsequent weeks of constant War Supply making, I don't see it being a viable long-term solution.

An alternative would be to let Personal Conquest goals roll over each week - not the Guild Conquest reward for that week of conquest challenges, just the personal one. If you want the guild rewards, you need to earn 35k in that week.

More options. Have guilds give a reason for lower-level people to exist.

No, I don't think that's fair. Last week, they did not punish the guilds that were abusing the one-time objectives (logging out/back in to reset it), and there also was no way of knowing that the flashpoints were not intended to be repeatable until their post about it.

IMO, the best thing for the devs to do would be a post that explains the actual goal of conquests - is it to fill up the PvP queues with PvE players, is it to reward the largest guilds, is it the new endgame content? At the moment, we have little to go on to know what is supposed to be "working as intended" and what is bugged or an exploit.

Edited by Jerba

No, I don't think that's fair. Last week, they did not punish the guilds that were abusing the one-time objectives (logging out/back in to reset it), and there also was no way of knowing that the flashpoints were not intended to be repeatable until their post about it.

IMO, the best thing for the devs to do would be a post that explains the actual goal of conquests - is it to fill up the PvP queues with PvE players, is it to reward the largest guilds, is it the new endgame content? At the moment, we have little to go on to know what is supposed to be "working as intended" and what is bugged or an exploit.

Well, they do a "review period" for a day before new conquests happen, but the question is if there are any action taken. But, given the fact that this was not really an exploit of a bug, but more of exploiting a developer's error, I would say that there will be no action taken against this.

To be honest, most guild did some form of exploiting of this. Some did the more "awful" way of stealthing to a final boss and then pulling in many other chars, some did run the entire FPs several times, so punishing all people does not really seem a proper way.

As far as what is the point of conquests - to get people to play content that they might otherwise not even consider, and to provide something to do before expansion.

Get over it. They fixed an exploit ASAP, which is exactly what should happen in an MMO. It "breaks" the scores for ONE WEEK. If that feels like an insurmountable tragedy to you, you should count yourself among the luckiest of humans ever to live.

Get over it. They fixed an exploit ASAP, which is exactly what should happen in an MMO. It "breaks" the scores for ONE WEEK. If that feels like an insurmountable tragedy to you, you should count yourself among the luckiest of humans ever to live.

I think somewhere just froze over... I actually agree with you for once...

*looks around for pigs flying*

My Master is back and in full force although your avatar is missing.... ;)

My Master is back and in full force although your avatar is missing.... ;)

DarthTHC had an avatar at some point? :eek:

I have never seen him using one, and I have been stalking these forums for a very long time

Edited by Aries_cz

/not signed - bad idea and almost impossible to implement a reversal without penalty to those that did it legit.

It just won't happen (Taking back all points). Didn't happen way back at launch with the giant ILUM point fiasco and it didn't happen on several other content screw ups in the last couple years. Highly doubt it will happen on this. How long did it take them to "FIX" the 1st boss on DF? So you expect them to go remove everyones implants too? LOL

I do agree it was completely stupid to make a change MID-WEEK like they did last week.

I'm still laughing at the "QA" part of the delay to 2.9 and scratching my head asking "what QA". :mad:

Edited by dscount

To be honest, most guild did some form of exploiting of this. Some did the more "awful" way of stealthing to a final boss and then pulling in many other chars, some did run the entire FPs several times, so punishing all people does not really seem a proper way.

See the stealthing to the final boss, then inviting 3 guild mates to join in the fight on the final boss is, to be perfectly blunt, bloody LAME.

If you fought your way to the final boss and then invited guild mates, not so much. If you ran the whole flashpoint multiple times properly as a guild, kudos and +1 internet to you.

However the stealthers exploiting it, and the associated guilds shouldn't be stripped of points from the flashpoints they abused this with. Honestly don't care if others like this opinion, it's just that. The error lays at the door of BioWare for not having the foresight to see this was going to happen when guilds are competing against each other.

they are waiting till sept 9 to fix the pvp repeatable exploit. why wait?

See the stealthing to the final boss, then inviting 3 guild mates to join in the fight on the final boss is, to be perfectly blunt, bloody LAME.

If you fought your way to the final boss and then invited guild mates, not so much. If you ran the whole flashpoint multiple times properly as a guild, kudos and +1 internet to you.

However the stealthers exploiting it, and the associated guilds shouldn't be stripped of points from the flashpoints they abused this with. Honestly don't care if others like this opinion, it's just that. The error lays at the door of BioWare for not having the foresight to see this was going to happen when guilds are competing against each other.

stealthers using stealth to stealth past opponents is somehow bad???????? Ill bet the devs never thought those naughty stealthers would do that!!!!!!

Edited by ivanhedgehog

I think somewhere just froze over... I actually agree with you for once...

*looks around for pigs flying*

It gets easier with practice. And please don't catapult any pigs on my account... Pigapult? :p

DarthTHC had an avatar at some point? :eek:

I have never seen him using one, and I have been stalking these forums for a very long time

Pretty sure I've never had one.

they are waiting till sept 9 to fix the pvp repeatable exploit. why wait?

Some bugs are easier to fix and carry less risk. Some are harder to fix and carry more risk.

Edited by DarthTHC