Let guild masters delegate the ability to initiate conquest invasions

Joesixxpack

Suggestion is stated in the title, and expanded on in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=760541

My rationale - It's not practical to require GM presence to start an invasion. Being an MMO different time zones, RL being RL, guild org. variances, and so forth are factors. Since we're talking about a general guild activity not GM personal army I don't see any downsides, lore issues, or cheese potential for designated officers being able to kick off just as many do with raid or pvp leading.

If you give GMs the option to do this it's on them and their designates to use it intelligently or not use at all. In case of screw ups blame would rest entirely player-side.

If anyone can think of potential issues with this suggestion I encourage you to share them.

Edited by Joesixxpack

We had this issue today as our GM is on vacation with his family and took 5 of us to plead and beg him to find a gaming center and start the invasion. Needless to say it takes away from his family time and could possibly stir problems in RL, just to accommodate for the game. That is why there are Co-Leaders and Officers in guilds to oversee all aspects if a person(s) cannot fulfill what is needed, as well as the aforementioned Gold Keys others have stated in this and other threads.

Please address this in the next patch!

/signed

Even picking up a guild ship for conquest purposes is pointless if only the GM can initiate conquest. We have officers who are able to log in from work every Tuesday morning, while the GM is usually not able to be on until that evening at the earliest. Just not worth the investment when the guild will consistently be behind others because of this mechanic.

As a GM, I agree with this completely. I'm asleep when the conquest events start, and have to get ready for work as soon as I roll out of bed. I can't start any invasions for my guild until I get off work, and that means we just lose a day of each event.

Tie the permissions in with the keys, and let GMs customize permissions in each of the key tiers.

I can't start any invasions for my guild until I get off work, and that means we just lose a day of each event.

I'm pretty sure that any personal Conquest points already made by your members are applied the moment the invasion is started.

Our GM was out of town, and was only able to start the invasion yesterday evening (Wednesday) and all the backlogged points showed up in the guild leaderboard totals immediately.

Edited by Khevar

• 3 weeks later...

Can you please make the ability to invade a planet a permission on the guild ranks feature. So that I can allow a guild officer to invade a planet when I am on holiday. The guild can't afford to buy plane tickets to bring me home to invade during my holidays and I'm not in the mood to transfer guild leader ship each vacation.

Thanks

Sorry made a thread on this but just saw this adding my bit to the cause..