Conquest and Screwing PVPr's

EvenHardNiner

Because you've made the PVE conquest objectives as dailies, now all of the baddie PVEr's are gonna come over to PVP and ruin it for us! The PVP ones are to simply finish a game, not to win one, so they can just go AFK or put as little effort as possible, and the great thing is that these are repeatable!

GG bioware!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually got a point. I don't do ground PvP but I've seen my fair share of AFKers on GSF grinding Conquest points via participation rewards. You don't spend much time on the spawn screen, and most people don't know the M key releases the mouse cursor from aim/piloting, so very few AFKers get kicked from a GSF match. One pilot fewer then the opposition puts your team at a major disadvantage, and as far as I can tell, ignore does nothing to prevent someone from joining your team.

People complain that they keep ending up with the same people in matches over and over. So BW does something that gives an incentive for more people to PVP. People complain about the new people that are in matches.....

I swear the game could spit out $100 bills and people would complain that they were not in sequential order. If they were in order, people would not complain that the bills were not random enough.

I hate GSF with a vengeance, but if that's the quickest way to get to 35k on my characters, then I'll be grinding in there, mostly trying to work out how the hell this has anything to do with the rest of the game.

Conquests should be encouraging people to do a bit of everything, not just grind one thing.

I don't mind the weak PvE players in my warzones and GSF matches, especially GSF profits from a lower queue time. And who knows maybe some PvE players will stick around to become good PvP or GSF players in the long run, so to have an incentive to get players into that content is in my humble opinion a good thing!

Conquests should be encouraging people to do a bit of everything, not just grind one thing.

And that's the problem. It really doesn't encourage PvE. A PvPer has little reason to do PvE when the rewards from PvP are the similar and are much easier to obtain. Low conquest points, long flashpoints and the fact that they're daily dissuades anyone who wants to get their 35k(and help their guild get into the top 10) from doing PvE when PvP objectives are so easy to finish. The system they had where the flashpoints were repeatable was similar to how PvP objectives functioned, but it's clear they want the playerbase to focus on PvP or they'd have kept it that way.

Edited by CloudzDeven

People complain that they keep ending up with the same people in matches over and over. So BW does something that gives an incentive for more people to PVP. People complain about the new people that are in matches.....

I swear the game could spit out $100 bills and people would complain that they were not in sequential order. If they were in order, people would not complain that the bills were not random enough.

Nicely put...so where do I get the hundred dollar bills:eek: I agree. It is a game have fun.

Because you've made the PVE conquest objectives as dailies, now all of the baddie PVEr's are gonna come over to PVP and ruin it for us! The PVP ones are to simply finish a game, not to win one, so they can just go AFK or put as little effort as possible, and the great thing is that these are repeatable!

GG bioware!

Had tons upon tons of afker's last week in the WZ's. I had to finally stop. GSF is a lot cleaner. I'm basically done with pvp anyway, this was just the final nail smashing between the other nails in the pvp coffin.

The reward HAS to be made so that it can only be attained by victory. Already I see players joining a warzone, taking guard duty and going AFK whilst the rest of us wonder "*** are you doing 5 of them are attacking - call incs!". If the reward is ramped up to 1000 or maybe even 1500 for a VICTORY then players will take PVP with a degree of effort and we may finally see some decent games since 2.9.

I'm sorry but I thought giving people more incentive to do PvP was a good thing...

Only if they play to win. Which they don't. Too many now take guard duty and AFK whilst the rest of us have to play through a s*** game because they are too selfish for their damn points.

Can't say I've ever thought of this. I play GSF, so I celebrate new two-shippers in my matches to give space more competition and faster pops. But as a former PvE monkey, a part of me wants to see the old flashpoint conquests back.

Hold in their fella. For now, enjoy the blood fury, and work towards that 10,000 kill title achievement.

I'm sorry but I thought giving people more incentive to do PvP was a good thing...

Maybe but when people just join a Warzone to get the incentive and care not for the game itself then the incentive kind of misses the point. Not just that but suddenly the people who do enjoy the game find themselves in games being spoiled by those who just want incentive. So I see this will backfire in a spectacular way.

I think changing it to only if there is a victory would be a terrible thing. As soon as it looks like your team is outmatched people start leaving in droves to get to the next one...

As far as I'm aware there is still no deserter debuff in SWTOR? (I only leave if I get kicked coz my PC sucks balls at loading times)

GG bioware!

That's actually a good idea. Personally, I had no problem running Esseles 35 times because I enjoy running that FP and would do it anyway. At least this way (prior to the patch), I get an extra bit of reward at the the end. I have no interest in running my mains through any PvP except to do whatever associated mission (Intro/Daily/Weekly) there is one time for completion's sake. However, I never thought about going AFK, or at least just flying around avoiding combat, so I can minimize my XP gains from that to avoid overleveling the content I enjoy playing (Planetary and Story missions). I guess if this is how BW is going to set up this whole conquests thing, then PvP is going to have to suffer. Sorry guys, nothing personal.

Nicely put...so where do I get the hundred dollar bills:eek: I agree. It is a game have fun.

Tough to have fun when you are forced to play aspects of the game that you find the least fun of all in order to get some rewards that are useful for the things you do find fun.

Edited by TravelersWay

That's actually a good idea. Personally, I had no problem running Esseles 35 times because I enjoy running that FP and would do it anyway. At least this way (prior to the patch), I get an extra bit of reward at the the end. I have no interest in running my mains through any PvP except to do whatever associated mission (Intro/Daily/Weekly) there is one time for completion's sake. However, I never thought about going AFK, or at least just flying around avoiding combat, so I can minimize my XP gains from that to avoid overleveling the content I enjoy playing (Planetary and Story missions). I guess if this is how BW is going to set up this whole conquests thing, then PvP is going to have to suffer. Sorry guys, nothing personal.

Tough to have fun when you are forced to play aspects of the game that you find the least fun of all in order to get some rewards that are useful for the things you do find fun.

1. Don't do it that way.... I don't see how going afk in a PVP match is any less of an exploit than just running FP over and over for conquest points.

2. if your going to give in and pvp for conquest than actually contribute... you dont play this game to consume.. you play to contribute.. thats why its a group game... if you dont like being forced to pvp/gsf to do parts of the game.. than you are welcome to find another game. Going afk in pvp/gsf just because you are too lazy to participate and want the most rewards with the least effort is just selfish and pretty much ruining it for everyone and no you should not see it as BW fault for making you do it.

1. Don't do it that way.... I don't see how going afk in a PVP match is any less of an exploit than just running FP over and over for conquest points.

2. if your going to give in and pvp for conquest than actually contribute... you dont play this game to consume.. you play to contribute.. thats why its a group game... if you dont like being forced to pvp/gsf to do parts of the game.. than you are welcome to find another game. Going afk in pvp/gsf just because you are too lazy to participate and want the most rewards with the least effort is just selfish and pretty much ruining it for everyone and no you should not see it as BW fault for making you do it.

Totally agree. Today's stupid change is just going to encourage people that don't want to PVP to actually go screw it up for everyone else that does. (I don't like PVP, but guess what I'm doing now just for flippin points)... my sincere apologies in advance to anyones team I land on in advance. I'm not good at PVP and that's why I'm on a PVE server. :D

GG bioware!

Easy kills and easy wins. I've definitely noticed a change in the PvP matches. I'm not complaining because getting wins completes my dailies quicker and gives more valor and whatnot. Why wouldn't I want bads to be on the other team?

If they go AFK, they will get killed and then kicked from the match. They won't get the points.

I wish that's how it usually works but have seen people succeed at it way more than getting kicked. It's obviously easy to do. I'd describe how easy but don't want to hand a guide to would-be *** hats.

Edited by Joesixxpack

If they go AFK, they will get killed and then kicked from the match. They won't get the points.

Doing absolutely nothing would get you kicked from the game.

But you seem to be the only person here to read it as "literally AFK" rather than the obvious meaning of semi - afk (standing next to objective, alt tabbing once in a while to make sure you don't time out)

Doing absolutely nothing would get you kicked from the game.

But you seem to be the only person here to read it as "literally AFK" rather than the obvious meaning of semi - afk (standing next to objective, alt tabbing once in a while to make sure you don't time out)

Bah. Just Ain't Care. Maybe because I'm getting more wins now. Or maybe because I'm imp on Harbinger, so I'm used to losing. At least this way it just happens faster.

Until there are penalties against it, it isn't an exploit - in any of the myraid of games through the years that have done nothing to prevent it, nor any more than crafting the same thing over and over for conquest points.

I am contributing by making the Q's pop faster. That's the great thing about the Internet and MMOs in particular - you never know what you are going to get and you can play the game the way you want. Don't need to find another game because I like playing SWTOR - I just dislike certain aspects of it, but if "playing" those aspects means a quicker path to the necessary rewards, because my preferred way has been gimped, then that is what I will do - in the way I find most enjoyable.

Edited by TravelersWay

GG bioware!

It was very dumb i agree to make PvE flash points only once per leg.

It was a lot of fun for me and my friends to do hammer station and the others over and over for points and could farm for items for our strongholds.

Now being forced to PvP after you reached your once a week limit hurts both PvPers and PvEers.

Because your right soon as i get done ill be hitting the PvP with a pissed off attitude and Standing there waiting for it to end since its the same if we win or lose.

Now if it was a choice i would try hard to win. But its the only protest we can do. Also if enough PvPers complain then they might change it since they will not hear me or the other PvEers.

They wanted this event to force more people into PvP hoping to get more people in them.

Careful what you ask for Bio Ware