Taboo subject.......respec presets!!

XianZul

I would like to introduce something more than likely already suggested.......preset options for when you respec your skills. We've all been doing this manually since the dawning of SWTOR, and if there is anything people like to see is something that can cause even the briefest moment of relief when it comes to tedious tasks such as a respec. Just wanted to voice my opinion.

It's not taboo. It's a nice feature another game has and there's no reason anyone should oppose saving the talents and toolbar setups.

Here's a reason: BioWare's development hours are limited. Finite. Need to be prioritized in a way that brings the most benefit to the game, which usually means the most benefit to the most players.

I think a lot more players would find it a lot more valuable if BioWare used their all too finite development time to produce a reasonable implementation of appearance tabs instead of a quick-switch for skill trees.

Edited by DarthTHC

This has been suggested before multiple times and unfortunately I don't see it coming any time soon. That said, I really like the idea and wish they would implement it. I would love to be able to save a spec and skill bar layout.

I take a picture of my specs and whenever I respec, I bring up the right picture and smash through it in under a minute.

I do the same thing currently. I have a screenshot for almost every spec on all my characters so that I can refer to it if I need to switch specs, or if my points get reset. Even so, I'd much prefer if it wasn't necessary.

It's neither Taboo, nor rare, for this to come up. It would be a great quality of like improvement, especially if it included the ability to load skill bars and key bindings at the same time.

That's my bigger time sink when it comes to respeccing. Selecting talents is pretty mundane after the third or fourth time I've loaded a build. It's moving/adding skills and making sure keybindings are correct that's time consuming for me. My main is a Jedi Knight, and flipping between DPS and Tank builds requires a whole reordering of 50% of my skills. It's just annoying.

I know it's not top priority for Bioware, and I'm not suggesting it should be. But it's a nice feature I'd like to see added sometime, and I think it's worth bringing up once in a while to make sure it stays on Bioware's radar. The wall of crazy is huge, and if something is never mentioned by the community I can see it falling off the wall pretty easily.

This is something I'd like to see. It shouldn't be taboo. It shouldn't be on the 'wall of crazy'. It's a QoL improvement that would be very welcome and seems to be often requested.

Yes we can write down alternative specs, take screenshots of them, refer to Dulfy blah blah blah. But these are all workarounds for something that the game should support natively. I think it would encourage more players to experiment with different roles if it were made easier to switch builds.

it doesn't need to be a full blown system that also switches your gear (though that would be nice). Just something that switches your build, reallocates your points and loads an alternative quickbar preset with any abilities that have changed..

Here's a reason: BioWare's development hours are limited. Finite. Need to be prioritized in a way that brings the most benefit to the game, which usually means the most benefit to the most players.

I think a lot more players would find it a lot more valuable if BioWare used their all too finite development time to produce a reasonable implementation of appearance tabs instead of a quick-switch for skill trees.

We all have our own sacred cows, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but many will disagree on the priority.

For myself, I don't really want or need an appearance tab. I've developed a look for each of my toons I'm happy with using adaptive armor, and see no need to waste dev hours on a feature I'd never use. To me, spec presets would be much more valuable, since I often don't know if I'm running tank or DPS until I actually arrive at a FP or Op with my guild mates. Taking 5 seconds to flip specs instead of 5 minutes would be awesome.

That said, I recognize a lot of people could care less about spec presets. It's all opinion, especially when it comes to straight up quality of life improvements, which is exactly what both of these are. Neither is technically needed, and neither adds actual playable content. They are just conveniences subsets of the community would like to see.

We all have our own sacred cows, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but many will disagree on the priority.

For myself, I don't really want or need an appearance tab. I've developed a look for each of my toons I'm happy with using adaptive armor, and see no need to waste dev hours on a feature I'd never use. To me, spec presets would be much more valuable, since I often don't know if I'm running tank or DPS until I actually arrive at a FP or Op with my guild mates. Taking 5 seconds to flip specs instead of 5 minutes would be awesome.

That said, I recognize a lot of people could care less about spec presets. It's all opinion, especially when it comes to straight up quality of life improvements, which is exactly what both of these are. Neither is technically needed, and neither adds actual playable content. They are just conveniences subsets of the community would like to see.

It takes you 5 minutes to swap specs each time? 5 minutes? :eek: I literally can do it in under a minute. I just did it to verify that.

It takes you 5 minutes to swap specs each time? 5 minutes? :eek: I literally can do it in under a minute. I just did it to verify that.

Did your minute include the need to redrag skills from the skills window to the appropriate quick bar, and reorder 20ish skills on the bar? My DPS rotation is completely different than my tank bar, so flipping them specs involves more than tree selection. That part takes seconds, it's the skill bar loading and rearranging that takes time.

If you can do all that in less than a minute, then my hat is off to you. For those of us who can't, preset specs > appearance tab. :)

Well aren't you a special snowflake...

Now go do that on 19 different alts, all different classes and ACs and tell me you can do every one in under a min.

Being able to setup *dps* and *tank*, presets would be very helpful as we switch across alts. Gear too, since the gear changes with the spec.

For those who believe in the grind, this should be a plus, since you'll need two sets of gear per toon instead of one.

Three, if you count PvP.