Suggestion: Space Station Stronghold

siegeshot

Older idea that I have but we have a stronghold thread now and 2.9 has been out for a little bit so I'm going to try to get support for this idea again.

Suggestion: Space Station Stronghold

The artwork is already done. The internal design is already done for both factions. I say charge maybe 35 mil for it personal or guild. You choose a planet to put it in orbit around permanently. Whenever it's time to conquest that planet you automatically get the bonuses for it.

When you come by with a personal star ship, it docks here instead. When the guild ship is in orbit, it can rendezvous with the station, etc.. maybe later can design some GSF's around it... guild ship gsf, personal star ship gsf, whatever.

Anyway it just feels like the work for this is 90% done already... a lot of us want to live in space but won't ever have the guild ship complete, and the guild ship can't optionally be attached to an account anyway (stupid), so this would give us a chance to connect a space stronghold with an account and still participate in conquesting when it circles around to that planet.... kind of give a person a personal vested interest in dealing with that planet's conquest situation.

Anyway, come blast me for being an RP'er idiot now and all of the other typical troll trash that isn't being dealt with by mods. Rest of ya who can think for yourselves and still are empathetic to other people's ideas, thanks for reading and support as always.

Edited by siegeshot

• 3 weeks later...
I love the idea personally, though I think only my spy and soldier would use such a place, my smuggler and bounty hunter have their Nar shadda home already and my jedi and sith have their shared apartments on coruscant and Kaas respectively, tatooine I'm saving for guild SH (aka my academy for grey jedi/sith) But as an RP player on an RP designated server (progenitor) I fully approve this concept.

Can you clarify what exactly you're referring to when you keep saying that most of the work for such a thing is already done? The way it sounds to me is that you think that they need to take the "orbital station" map and turn it into an extremely expensive single room super-stronghold (with guild ship type extras and other features that don't function the same as normal strongholds)?

Interesting idea though. From the title I thought it was just going to be a request to see an apartment in Vaiken Spacedock / Carrick Station, but you went more along the lines of...

1) There was all that talk since before strongholds was ever announced about how much people want to be able to customize the class ships. (Developers have put this idea down because of all the cutscenes for class missions and companion conversations that are tied too heavily into moving around the layout of the ships as they are. But people still hope to see something like this.)

2) I had an idea that I've posted a couple times where they could add a terminal in the bridge of the class ships which lets you select a legacy-wide personal conquest target (I was thinking that we'd select a specific zone on a planet, not the planet as a whole. And there could perhaps be a top 25 leaderboard for each zone.)

Your idea, as I understand it, sounds somewhere in between those two ideas. It's a customizable "ship" (minus the mobility of a ship) with an effect on conquests which applies to your legacy regardless of guild memberships.