Stressing over name for my Bounty Hunter

pwhdavey

So I'm a bit of a perfectionist and in order to play the game I need to really like the characters I make, one of the biggest details being the name. I've just leveled my Powertech to 18 (only took 4 days, but still) and now want to restart it. I wasn't fully committed on the name I gave it when creating it (Skullsmash) so I bought a character rename from CM. Unfortunately I used that in a rush and now am sick of the current name (Bonecruncher). Now I can't rename it for another 30 days and due to my perfection issues I have abandoned it, as I can't dedicate myself to something I don't like.

So I'll either start a new Powertech with a name I love or do a different class altogether. The thing is my perfectionism is getting worse and I waste time trying to think up new names and very rarely I make a name that I love. If this keeps up I'll lose interest in the whole game due to the head^%$k of worrying about names.

Skullsmash and Bonecruncher originated from names that Bounty Hunters in the SW galaxy have, e.g. Ironfist from The Esseles. But those two I made seem too stupid and immature. Besides, I want to play lightside, and a benevolent bounty hunter doesn't smash skulls and crunch bones. Instead of a regular name I still want to use adjective/noun combos. Any ideas?

For one you are not alone in this!

I have the same issue with my characters and I tend to reroll a lot! I finally have a name that I like, but I am not likingmy race and AC so I will be rerolling when I get home, I did some reading online to gather information about Mandalorians and their culture, I finally found a name I really like so luckily I am finished with that. I now need to make him a Cyborg Merc instead of a PT Zabrak. Will be worth it in the long run though.

Anyway Happy hunting sir!

Finally decided on a new Powertech.

Ironbones.

I'm surprised it wasn't taken already. I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with Ironbones even now, because it might look like I'm copying off Ironfist, but it sounds more realistic and nicer, and sounds like the tank I'm going to spec in.

My naming stress is more in the "does it fit the lore?" arena. I've spent time reading up on things like zabrak, chiss, and twi'lek naming conventions, etc. I don't like roleplaying a zabrak and coming across someone with better lore knowledge who points out the flaw in my naming choices.

I want to play lightside, and a benevolent bounty hunter doesn't smash skulls and crunch bones. Instead of a regular name I still want to use adjective/noun combos. Any ideas?

You can still use names like Skullcrusher etc. Remember, Bounty Hunters would sometimes pick names that were designed to intimidate thier target. Someone hears Skullmasher/Bonecrusher/Crushgrip is on thier tail, they are going to be afraid more than if thier hear Fuzzywumkins is coming after them.

Edited by Kratess

I would be more afraid of Fuzzywumkins. Someone so self-assured they can use a moniker like that and don't feel the need to big themselves up with a supposedly scary (but actually lame) name is clearly someone not to be trifled with. :)

Oh dear...a week in and my Powertech is at level 30 and I already want to change the name again. If I don't well I will probably fall out of favor with it and want to roll a brand new character. Ironbones...it just doesn't sound right. A small tweak to make it Ironjaw would be better but I don't know. I can't keep doing this and wasting CC on renaming stuff.