Stupid Game Mechanics

Kianabamin

So my BH is chilling her Sky Palace on Nar Shaddaa chatting with Mako about

her sister

and she says "Let's go to Nar Shaddaa and find

Coral

". Simple enough, we're already here!

So we "Exit to Nar Shaddaa". Nope, mission still says I need to travel here.

So we head to the spaceport and hop on the ship and hop off again.

Nope we need to TRAVEL TO NAR SHADDAA.

So back on the ship (loading screens!!!) and we have to fly to another planet and back again.

Grrrrrrrr.

So my BH is chilling her Sky Palace on Nar Shaddaa chatting with Mako and she says "Let's go to Nar Shaddaa simple enough, we're already here!

So we "Exit to Nar Shaddaa". Nope, mission still says I need to travel here.

So we head to the spaceport and hop on the ship and hop off again.

Nope we need to TRAVEL TO NAR SHADDAA.

So back on the ship (loading screens!!!) and we have to fly to another planet and back again.

Grrrrrrrr.

Old news. Has nothing to do with strongholds, if that's your implication.

Black Hole introduction mission suffers from the same thing kinda. Now the Black Hole isn't a planet of its own that you can travel to via the galaxy map, so I figured I could just jump there with the priority transport terminal thingies and bypass the stupidly slow Corellia loading screen. But no. You have to travel there using the shuttle right outside of Corellia spaceport. Bah.

"Old news. Has nothing to do with strongholds, if that's your implication."

No, cuz it could happen by just talking wtih her on the ship already docked at Nar Shaddaa.

My fault for trying to use a shortcut!

I'm just whining :rolleyes:

They didn't go back and redo any of the previous content due to a change in future content.

call it what it is a corner condition that they didn't totally understand at the time they created it. Similar to how my Chiss asks what species the Chiss officer is on Hoth.

glad there are no other issues or content that needs to be created to go back and fix this minor logic error.

They didn't go back and redo any of the previous content due to a change in future content.

call it what it is a corner condition that they didn't totally understand at the time they created it. Similar to how my Chiss asks what species the Chiss officer is on Hoth.

glad there are no other issues or content that needs to be created to go back and fix this minor logic error.

Or a Republic officer explaining a Cathar... What a Cathar is. :D

So my BH is chilling her Sky Palace on Nar Shaddaa chatting with Mako about something and she says "Let's go to Nar Shaddaa and find someone".

LOL. It totally sounds like you're playing Barbies!

So we hopped into the Dream Shuttle along with Skipper and flew down to the planet, where Ken was waiting with free decorations for the Sky Palace. Yay!

(I'm sorry. I just thought it was cute. No offense is intended.)

I've gotten used to this sort of thing.

I remember the first time I blew my legacy "Priority Transport to Capital Planet" cooldown for one of the 872 times I had to go see General Garza, just to discover that "travel to Coruscant" only works if you travel by ship. So I slogged it back to my ship, traveled AWAY from the planet, traveled BACK to the planet, then slogged back to the Senate Tower.

C'est la vie.