Opinion: Best class story, and why?

migzmando

Hello, I am a returning player, who played just before Makeb released(and haven't played since.) I am wanting to play again: but I don't want to return to my old characters. I had a Jedi Sentinel that I leveled to cap, and also a Sniper. I enjoyed both of those stories very much, but I want to start a new character and level up again, as I have completely forgotten how to play those two.. I'm most interested in the following classes: Jedi consular, Bounty Hunter, and Smuggler. Of the 3, which do you consider best/most fun, and why??

Also, other than 3 three, do you consider another more fun(other than JK and IA) and why??

Thanks for taking the time!

Edited by migzmando

I love Consular the most out of these three, but most people won't. I really found the story boring for Taris-Nar-Shaddaa stretch, but then I loved it till the end. Voice acting is really bad on Consular, male in particular. The female has a thrilling high voice. The Consular's story is the quickest ascent through the order and the honors pile high. It also has the hardest class battles, well, may be not for the Shadow, but for the Sage... yeah, you have to be above average to manage. What I loved the most was the crew, but I am a female, so I found Tharan funny, Iresso endearing and Zenith the best a companion can be (if I had to pick only one companion t play with, it would be him). While I hated Nadia and Qyzen :) Because I am a not a typical player, I don't expect other people feel the way feel about the Con. Basically for more the SWTOR is the Con's story!

With a Smuggler's support. Smuggler is a very best class imo. It is equally appealing and well voiced as a male or female, LS or DS. It offers a versatile fighting style, great dialogue, fun romances, the best side romances for a female PC, and nearly every girl you meet for a male, and no hard, horrid terrible, angsty torment. In fact part of the charm is being double-crossed and duped all the time, and having hilarious cutscenes, and in the end coming on top through wits and cunning.

Bounty hunter. Well, male voice\ing makes me go ga-ga. Female's so-so. The first companion is incredibly integrated into the story. If you like her, it's a plus, otherwise you start rolling your eyes by the time you get to Tatooine. "Oh, looook, Maaakoooo...." What Bounty Hunter lacks in story department, s/he compensates in the animation coolness and smart, brush responses. This story also allows for an independent operator just like SMuggler and no particular LS/DS burden.

In other words, I think a Smuggler or a BH is a better choice for an average player than the Consular. Consular is very special, and I really have hard time recommending a male Consular, as private life of a male Con is probably even worth than that of a female SW/JK, and those gals got nothing good in store for them!

Edited by DomiSotto

I love Consular the most out of these three, but most people won't. I really found the story boring for Taris-Nar-Shaddaa stretch, but then I loved it till the end. Voice acting is really bad on Consular, male in particular. The female has a thrilling high voice. The Consular's story is the quickest ascent through the order and the honors pile high. It also has the hardest class battles, well, may be not for the Shadow, but for the Sage... yeah, you have to be above average to manage. What I loved the most was the crew, but I am a female, so I found Tharan funny, Iresso endearing and Zenith the best a companion can be (if I had to pick only one companion t play with, it would be him). While I hated Nadia and Qyzen :) Because I am a not a typical player, I don't expect other people feel the way feel about the Con. Basically for more the SWTOR is the Con's story!

With a Smuggler's support. Smuggler is a very best class imo. It is equally appealing and well voiced as a male or female, LS or DS. It offers a versatile fighting style, great dialogue, fun romances, the best side romances for a female PC, and nearly every girl you meet for a male, and no hard, horrid terrible, angsty torment. In fact part of the charm is being double-crossed and duped all the time, and having hilarious cutscenes, and in the end coming on top through wits and cunning.

Bounty hunter. Well, male voice\ing makes me go ga-ga. Female's so-so. The first companion is incredibly integrated into the story. If you like her, it's a plus, otherwise you start rolling your eyes by the time you get to Tatooine. "Oh, looook, Maaakoooo...." What Bounty Hunter lacks in story department, s/he compensates in the animation coolness and smart, brush responses. This story also allows for an independent operator just like SMuggler and no particular LS/DS burden.

In other words, I think a Smuggler or a BH is a better choice for an average player than the Consular. Consular is very special, and I really have hard time recommending a male Consular, as private life of a male Con is probably even worth than that of a female SW/JK, and those gals got nothing good in store for them!

Thanks, that's really helpful. So far I have played my Consular the most, and it's been quite fun. Perhaps I will play my smuggler a bit more now, as I did really enjoy the story on Ord Mantell so far.