Oh boy, gone are the prefabs, the bought decorations, and what did I end up with...

LeJarC

Of course this was bound to happen... almost a disaster in the making.

Still not having gotten used to the first having to unlock decorations after getting them has cost me already.

Since this requires you to right-click the thing in your inventory... but then you better make DAMN SURE the vendor window is closed before that... coz you won't get back the prefab(s) you payed with, instead you end up with a handful of credits. :mad: had crafted a supply of industrial prefabs mk-1 (lucky there but still...) to get me some imperial chairs, and all I got to show for it is 400 credits... 400! :cry:

So it happens from time to time I forget to close the vendor window right after buying the item I wanted. Normally this ain't that big of a deal, coz you get a full refund of whatever you used to pay with, be it credits or commendations or whatever tokentype. Not so with prefabs though...luckily these end up on the Buy Back tab so be careful you don't sell back too much or they will be pushed out if it happens to you.

EDIT: Highlights added to indicate 'obvious fix' :p so as not scare folks needlessly any longer if they happen to skip the rest of the topic. :)

Edited by LeJarC
Overlooked the obvious (buy back tab)

I'm aware of that.

I meant actually selling the prefab to a regular vendor and not being able to buy it pack, which I assume is what happened.

OP clearly stated what happened:

1. You buy stuff from the decoration vendor for prefabs

2. You forget to close the vendor window

3. You click on the decoration, thinking you are activating it

4. Instead you sell the item back to the vendor, but for a few bits of credits rather than getting the prefabs back.

Boom, you are now a few credits richer and without decorations or the prefabs.

Can't you buy them back? Or did I misread your intent?

:o man, I am getting waay too o for this game :D lol, I completely and utterly overlooked that option so stunned I was to find myself ending up with a few credits...

thanks for getting my feet back on the ground

guess part of the confusion arises from the fact hat what happened is totally opposite of what normally happens when you buy something from a vendor and then decide against it.

Edited by LeJarC

OP clearly stated what happened:

1. You buy stuff from the decoration vendor for prefabs

2. You forget to close the vendor window

3. You click on the decoration, thinking you are activating it

4. Instead you sell the item back to the vendor, but for a few bits of credits rather than getting the prefabs back.

Boom, you are now a few credits richer and without decorations or the prefabs.

But you can still buy the decoration back for the credits you just received.

But you can still buy the decoration back for the credits you just received.

Ah, sweet. I ran into this on the PTS and figured it was just not thought of. But apparently it is just a bit unintuitive :) Never figured to go look for the mats under the buy-back tab.