Ilum not giving double GSF conquest points

Jamus_Divinus

...despite what it says in the dropdown menu if you look at the objective box itself you'll see the usual 500 points listed.

Our Guild leader picked Ilum to invade and it's the only planet with no GSF bonus this week, again, despite what it initially states on the planet selection menu. Bugger :mad:

Ilum does not get the GSF bonus. It is not supposed to. Only Balmorra, Hoth, and Corellia do.

Your guild leader screwed up very, very badly. So badly that you guys need to file a ticket or something, ASAP. This is the best chance any GSF-guild has to not only place, but win.

Any GSF-focused guild should pick Corellia, as it offers multipliers for nothing but GSF and the Black Hole weekly.

Ilum does not get the GSF bonus. It is not supposed to. Only Balmorra, Hoth, and Corellia do.

Your guild leader screwed up very, very badly. So badly that you guys need to file a ticket or something, ASAP. This is the best chance any GSF-guild has to not only place, but win.

Any GSF-focused guild should pick Corellia, as it offers multipliers for nothing but GSF and the Black Hole weekly.

It is supposed to though.

Go to conquest, click on planet and see that next to Ilum is written 'Invasion Bonus - Flashpoints, Starfighter'

Our GL went with that...only when others logged in and noticed the bonus was missing from the actual objectives did the accusations fly :) However in his defence it is written nice and clearly....Ilum Invasion Bonus....Starfighter

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

It is supposed to though.

Go to conquest, click on planet and see that next to Ilum is written 'Invasion Bonus - Flashpoints, Starfighter'

Our GL went with that...only when others logged in and noticed the bonus was missing from the actual objectives did the accusations fly :) However in his defence it is written nice and clearly....Ilum Invasion Bonus....Starfighter

The dropdown text is bugged then, yes. And that should give you grounds to file a ticket and get your invasion choice changed. Have your guild leader file a ticket in-game. No one in this forum but us players.

Beyond that though ... if your guild leader actually bothered to read the conquest objective lists, he'd see precisely which objectives will earn bonuses. That you have a guild leader who would so hastily and blindly choose an invasion target, without actually inspecting conquest objectives to determine the strongest chance for Conquest Success, then you have an unqualified person in charge of your Guild Flagship and have likely wasted 50 million credits.

Conquest is a complicated system. It's hard enough to educate the rank-and-file of a guild on how to participate. But at the very least, the Guild Leader needs to know EXACTLY how the system works, and he needs to be able to make intelligent choices on planetary invasion, to capitalize on both his guild's strengths and to predict the level of competition on each planet.

Three planets give GSF objective bonuses this event. Corellia is the clearly the superior choice for GSFers based on the fact it doesn't get bonuses on any other objectives. So anyone else you compete with on Corellia are also going to be diehard GSFers (unlikely) or mega-guilds hoping to zerg their way through numbers alone, without the aid of multipliers (also unlikely).

This simple (but vital) reasoning is essential for the person in charge of selecting the invasion target.

The dropdown text is bugged then, yes. And that should give you grounds to file a ticket and get your invasion choice changed. Have your guild leader file a ticket in-game. No one in this forum but us players.

Choosing a planet requires using that dropdown menu. That dropdown menu is bugged and says that Ilum gives a GSF bonus when it doesn't. Guild leaders are players. Some of them visit this forum. Some of them may read my warning. I am trying to warn others from making the same error our GL did.

Even you didn't know it was bugged so that's at least one person I've warned :w_cool:

I agree with the rest of your post obviously.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Choosing a planet requires using that dropdown menu. That dropdown menu is bugged and says that Ilum gives a GSF bonus when it doesn't. Guild leaders are players. Some of them visit this forum. Some of them may read my warning. I am trying to warn others from making the same error our GL did.

Even you didn't know it was bugged so that's at least one person I've warned :w_cool:

I agree with the rest of your post obviously.

It is good of you to warn others :)

I've just been frustrated with people making forum posts here about pretty heinous bugs here, as though any BioWare employee is paying attention to this board right now--which is what I'm really frustrated with.

It is good of you to warn others :)

I've just been frustrated with people making forum posts here about pretty heinous bugs here, as though any BioWare employee is paying attention to this board right now--which is what I'm really frustrated with.

No worries mate, my tone was probably a bit frosty.

Hey folks,

We are going to look into this to see what the problem is. Ilum should be giving double GSF Conquest Points.

-tw

If it is a quick fix, will you guys push it through? Or is it a lost cause since we're a few days into the Conquest?

Hey folks,

We are going to look into this to see what the problem is. Ilum should be giving double GSF Conquest Points.

-tw

Awesome.

To me this week felt like you guys were trying to throw us GSF fans a bone by devoting the conquest event to it, glad to see that you guys are addressing those problems

I know it's a stretch and I know the devs are busy with GSH, but is tere any chance we could get a response on some of the other GSF issues and bugs?

Sorry if I come across as critical or negative, that's not my intent. I love GSF and I'm typing on my phone during lunch.

My question to the developers is that now that they have identified another BW mishap, are they going to take the repeated points away, because I can guarantee that some guilds like "Chill" on my server are going to be doing nothing but exploiting the mistake on BW part. I get yesterday it was BW fault, as while it irks me to keep and to have guilds keep those points. Is it entirely incomprehensible that BW can't read a time stamp in their on server code to subtract the points from the guilds that are going to keep exploiting the identified issue. Well if they can't read why don't you guys just take all of them away. I know its nearly unfathomable for you guys to show any leadership or initiative, but just this once try to actually run the game rather than letting the players cry there way to winning.

My question to the developers is that now that they have identified another BW mishap, are they going to take the repeated points away, because I can guarantee that some guilds like "Chill" on my server are going to be doing nothing but exploiting the mistake on BW part. I get yesterday it was BW fault, as while it irks me to keep and to have guilds keep those points. Is it entirely incomprehensible that BW can't read a time stamp in their on server code to subtract the points from the guilds that are going to keep exploiting the identified issue. Well if they can't read why don't you guys just take all of them away. I know its nearly unfathomable for you guys to show any leadership or initiative, but just this once try to actually run the game rather than letting the players cry there way to winning.

No they will no take away the points because the people doing are not breaking any game rules. Its not a exploit, just something BW failed to predict.

Yeah you can look at the leaderboards on our server and it's like a who-is-who of cheater guilds........ last week and this week. Hopefully we'll get a "clean week" soon. Sorry folks that chose Ilum this week. :( At least you'll get a few legit days. Maybe they'll do Ilum again next week to make up for it at least...