Quality of Life Improvements/Additional Content Ideas

Izzy_DK

Hey there. So, I've been playing SWTOR since beta (Like most people here), and over time jumping between SWTOR, WoW, Rift and a brief stint of Aion; there are some things I think should be added as quality of life improvements. I also have a few ideas for extra content.

Please keep this free from "I want X for my class because Y", this isn't a class balance thread.

Quality of Life stuff:

- Clickable Nameplates: This is fairly minor, but in a crowded situation I'd appreciate being able to immediately click a target instead of cycle-tab targeting (trying to click on individual mobs in a crowded situation is futile).

- Movable Buffs/GUI Alerts: For me, this is a major thing. Buffs/Procs being tied to Status bars is inefficient. I would like the ability to move my Buff bar to wherever I want to better keep track of procs. Failing that, some nice GUI alerts for procs would be a welcome addition IMO (For WoW players, think WeakAuras or the Blizzard alerts they added)

- Globally Saved Keybinds: For anyone with alts, you know how annoying this is. Can we please have Keybinds saved in relation to action bars? I hate rolling an alt then spending extra time re-binding all my action bars. I use a considerable amount of keybinds, and it gets annoying. Both Rift and WoW save keybinds globally.

- AH Item stacks: WoW uses a system on the AH wherein you can put an entire stack in the auction slot, and then has the option to break it down from there (Once the item is in the slot, you can define Stack size and number of stacks in the AH window itself). Individually splitting stacks down can be time consuming (3 stacks of 99, splitting into stacks of 10? gosh darn).

- Neutral Relic Vendor: Considering the Light and Dark relics are mirrors of each other, this shouldn't be hard to implement I imagine. But it does feel like we're penalized for remaining neutral.

- Cartel Market Collection tracker: Sometimes I collect gear piecemeal, so if I take a break from the game I lose track of what pieces I have collected. An extra tooltip telling us if we have certain pieces towards the collection would be useful in this regard.

-Flytext options: This is a personal one for me, I like my flytext organised on the sides on my char instead of how we have it by default. Some way of moving and editing flytext in the UI editor would be great :p.

- Character Crafting: I love the companion crafting system, but can we at least craft items when companions have been sent out? I don't like waiting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for companions to come back with my goods.

- Specific Warzone queues: Can we have the option to queue for specific Warzones please? Give a bonus to players who choose to random queue, but allow us to choose. I don't particularly enjoy getting arenas when levelling because I enjoy the scale of Warzones more.

- Companion AI: I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. Your 2-manning a FP with a friend, using your companions, an AoE starts and they just stand in the fire. Yes, I am aware that setting them to passive returns them to your side, but I would really like them to move 4 meters to the side or out of an AoE.

- Speech Bubbles: Not an issue for me, but for the serious RPers out there I know this is an issue. Please implement.

- Decoration Search Field: How this was overlooked I don't know, but please add a search field for decorations.

Content stuff:

- Playable Races: I know this is a commonly talked about subject. For me I really want Kaleesh as a playable race.

- Reverse-Grip Lightsabers: I understand the effort that would go into mo-capping/animating all the abilities in the game to accommodate this, but I'd quite like the option to use a reverse grip on my lightsabers.

- Electro-staves: Can we have better looking staves? Or blades? Like the Magna Guard staves that have the shock-tips, they look awesome.

- Guild Conquest Rewards: Can we remove the limitation of placing on the top 10 board? For smaller guilds it feels like they are being penalized for not being a mega-guild who unscrupulously invites members just to push its conquest score. Give a separate reward for ranking on the board ofc, but I don't like feeling that I have to mass recruit to spam conquest points to stand a remote chance of gaining a reward.

- Same-sex relations: Seriously BioWare? Why can't we do this? A token few dialogue options on Makeb does not same-sex relations make. Yes, this has been brought up many times before, but it's still not here ¬¬

- Legacy Gear: I don't know anyone who uses these, so can we make them Custom gear sets so we can swap out mods, but give the gear a base experience increase (Yes. WoW heirloom style).

Well, this is all I have (for now!) server downtime gives me too much time to ponder such things apparently. Please let me know what you think and post your own suggestions! I don't know if Devs actually read these forums, but I hope they do :p

-Izzy

(Edit: Added a few points)

Edited by Izzy_DK

Overall good suggustions, just wanted to respond to a few...

Hey there. So, I've been playing SWTOR since beta (Like most people here), and over time jumping between SWTOR, WoW, Rift and a brief stint of Aion; there are some things I think should be added as quality of life improvements. I also have a few ideas for extra content.

Please keep this free from "I want X for my class because Y", this isn't a class balance thread.

Quality of Life stuff:

- Clickable Nameplates: This is fairly minor, but in a crowded situation I'd appreciate being able to immediately click a target instead of cycle-tab targeting (trying to click on individual mobs in a crowded situation is futile).

- Movable Buffs/GUI Alerts: For me, this is a major thing. Buffs/Procs being tied to Status bars is inefficient. I would like the ability to move my Buff bar to wherever I want to better keep track of procs. Failing that, some nice GUI alerts for procs would be a welcome addition IMO (For WoW players, think WeakAuras or the Blizzard alerts they added)

- Globally Saved Keybinds: For anyone with alts, you know how annoying this is. Can we please have Keybinds saved in relation to action bars? I hate rolling an alt then spending extra time re-binding all my action bars. I use a considerable amount of keybinds, and it gets annoying. Both Rift and WoW save keybinds globally.

- AH Item stacks: WoW uses a system on the AH wherein you can put an entire stack in the auction slot, and then has the option to break it down from there (Once the item is in the slot, you can define Stack size and number of stacks in the AH window itself). Individually splitting stacks down can be time consuming (3 stacks of 99, splitting into stacks of 10? gosh darn).

Unless WoW changed it after cataclysm. This is not something that WoW nativly supported.

To do this you had to use an addon like auctioneer.

Still a good suggestion, but just wanted to point that out.

- Neutral Relic Vendor: Considering the Light and Dark relics are mirrors of each other, this shouldn't be hard to implement I imagine. But it does feel like we're penalized for remaining neutral.

Long time ago they said that neutral gear was something they would work on.

However now I feel like they should just remove gear that relates to your light/dark choices all together.

Since it never had any impact on end game gearing and there were really only a handful of pieces while leveling.

- Cartel Market Collection tracker: Sometimes I collect gear piecemeal, so if I take a break from the game I lose track of what pieces I have collected. An extra tooltip telling us if we have certain pieces towards the collection would be useful in this regard.

-Flytext options: This is a personal one for me, I like my flytext organised on the sides on my char instead of how we have it by default. Some way of moving and editing flytext in the UI editor would be great :p.

- Character Crafting: I love the companion crafting system, but can we at least craft items when companions have been sent out? I don't like waiting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for companions to come back with my goods.

It is an interesting idea but I fear it would cause an imbalance of crafting.

Since most crafting takes a few minutes and the best crafting takes close to an hour.

Changing those to a brief 10-20 second 'cast' to craft could significantly change the crafting market.

- Specific Warzone queues: Can we have the option to queue for specific Warzones please? Give a bonus to players who choose to random queue, but allow us to choose. I don't particularly enjoy getting arenas when levelling because I enjoy the scale of Warzones more.

- Companion AI: I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. Your 2-manning a FP with a friend, using your companions, an AoE starts and they just stand in the fire. Yes, I am aware that setting them to passive returns them to your side, but I would really like them to move 4 meters to the side or out of an AoE.

I would love to see companion AI improved. But they can't make the companions to smart.

The companions were never meant to always replace a player and instead were meant to be used sparingly in a flashpoint if you just couldn't get another player.

- Speech Bubbles: Not an issue for me, but for the serious RPers out there I know this is an issue. Please implement.

- Decoration Search Field: How this was overlooked I don't know, but please add a search field for decorations.

Content stuff:

- Playable Races: I know this is a commonly talked about subject. For me I really want Kaleesh as a playable race.

- Reverse-Grip Lightsabers: I understand the effort that would go into mo-capping/animating all the abilities in the game to accommodate this, but I'd quite like the option to use a reverse grip on my lightsabers.

- Electro-staves: Can we have better looking staves? Or blades? Like the Magna Guard staves that have the shock-tips, they look awesome.

- Guild Conquest Rewards: Can we remove the limitation of placing on the top 10 board? For smaller guilds it feels like they are being penalized for not being a mega-guild who unscrupulously invites members just to push its conquest score. Give a separate reward for ranking on the board ofc, but I don't like feeling that I have to mass recruit to spam conquest points to stand a remote chance of gaining a reward.

- Same-sex relations: Seriously BioWare? Why can't we do this? A token few dialogue options on Makeb does not same-sex relations make. Yes, this has been brought up many times before, but it's still not here ¬¬

This one still bugs me a bit, especially since it is Bioware.

While I am insanely happy that they added the same sex story arc on makeb. The few arcs in forged alliances and some same sex flirts in events.

I still want a companion.

They have said that they have more comming at pretty much every cantina event.

But they have said repeatedly that they won't chang existing companions. Which is fine by me. I don't want every companion to be 'bi'.

- Legacy Gear: I don't know anyone who uses these, so can we make them Custom gear sets so we can swap out mods, but give the gear a base experience increase (Yes. WoW heirloom style).

Well, this is all I have (for now!) server downtime gives me too much time to ponder such things apparently. Please let me know what you think and post your own suggestions! I don't know if Devs actually read these forums, but I hope they do :p

-Izzy

(Edit: Added a few points)