lets talk Tumult

Fairell

is it just me or is our best looking ability nearly useless?

somehow it is only usable on mobs that die in 2-3 hits anyway, on everything else it is not usable, even though they are incapacitated. and you cant use it in pvp. What the heck? the only ability for shadow that doesnt cost force with a really long cd and only usable on trash mobs in PVE? cmon BW :(

Can someone describe what this ability looks like? I don't have it yet and I'm curious.

Its a spin kick, looks like something Darth Maul-ish from SW1.

As to its uses, it has some. Namely quickly offing standards in a group.

E.g. you have an elite and a standard, you wanna kill the standard quickly without wasting too much resources on it. Shock it (or w/e the shadow equivalent is) then kick it in the face for a quick 2k damage for free.

E.g. you have an elite and a standard, you wanna kill the standard quickly without wasting too much resources on it. Shock it (or w/e the shadow equivalent is) then kick it in the face for a quick 2k damage for free.

When I hit a standard with Project, it's already pretty much dead. I just finish it off with a Double Strike or Spinning Strike.

You use 25 force for Double strike, but you waste none for Tumult. That's free, that hits like a track, why bother? Also looks like you can use Tumult on Mind Mazed mob, so you can project something else instead.

If I'm worried about spending 23 Force for a Double Strike to take out a weak or standard, there is something *definitely* wrong with the situation I'm in.

Tumult is only useful on mobs that an attack that hard is largely redundant for in the first place. It's massively conditional since it only apply to weak targets you've incapacitated *and* it's not even a reliable finish since it's on a 45 sec CD. There is so little need for an attack like it that I don't even have it on my bars because they're already full enough with everything else I actually use all the time. Spinning Strike, the other massively conditional power we get by default, is at least useful on hard targets. Granting players a big attack on a long CD that can only target weak enemies that have been set up by *another* one of your powers is just asinine.

If I'm worried about spending 23 Force for a Double Strike to take out a weak or standard, there is something *definitely* wrong with the situation I'm in.
Meanwhile starting fight from stealth gives only yet another 24 force power. Masked assault gives yet another 34 force power. And restealth gives yet another 24 force power. Everything adds...

If you are that short to overcoming particular elite mob(s), you may use yet another advantage through killing its minion easily. If you don't need such help, well, it's ok - you just waste another slot in spellbook, nothing more.

Finding out this was not usable in PvP and not a bug was the saddest moment of my swtor life so far :(

There is plenty of skill bloat to go around and I'm debating just not using the skill entirely. The nature of the skill requires a decent quick-bind spot and it's just not worth it currently.

When I hit a standard with Project, it's already pretty much dead. I just finish it off with a Double Strike or Spinning Strike.

I doubt all standards have same hp. Am on Tattooine now at lvl 30, and have to kill some jawas lvl 28 or so, normal mobs, and a shock does about 1/4 of their HP bar (non crit) my shock is hitting into 400+ non crit. Yes some normal mobs die to 1 discharge or shock or ambush, but others pack more hp / defenses.

Tumult is only useful on mobs that an attack that hard is largely redundant for in the first place. It's massively conditional since it only apply to weak targets you've incapacitated *and* it's not even a reliable finish since it's on a 45 sec CD. There is so little need for an attack like it that I don't even have it on my bars because they're already full enough with everything else I actually use all the time. Spinning Strike, the other massively conditional power we get by default, is at least useful on hard targets. Granting players a big attack on a long CD that can only target weak enemies that have been set up by *another* one of your powers is just asinine.

You can very much use it on silvers to take even 3/4 of their hp if it crits for free. Tested over and over, both in FPs and open world :)

Only elites / champs are immune to it, even if they can be stunned incapacitated.