sith assassin solo, what tree should i learn first

saidas

Hey.

I went DPS build, Deception spec. Using Khem val as tank (make sure his tank stance is active, and his cleave if he has that yet) - then just maul away.

Really easy tbh

Going Biochem helped me alot in the early levels, there is medpacks that heal both you and your companion. You should think about that too

Hey.

I went DPS build, Deception spec. Using Khem val as tank (make sure his tank stance is active, and his cleave if he has that yet) - then just maul away.

Really easy tbh

Going Biochem helped me alot in the early levels, there is medpacks that heal both you and your companion. You should think about that too

what is khem's tank stance called? an what do i need for bio chem

Biochem

Bioanalysis (Gathering for Biochem)

Diplomacy (Inquisitors don't get many dark / light side options, this will help immensely)

-

Deception spec seems solid for leveling so far, I plan to go madness around lv. 30 personally but using Ken Doll (Khem) as your tank and stabbing everything in the back is hugely viable.

I went with deception and I'm 26 now... If I fight NPCs around my level I actually get my *** kicked now. deception I think relies on the companion too much. and I'm not a fan of that.

im level 18 have 5/3/1 ha e a hard time fighting stronger mobs i am more of a solo quest person, what should i do diff or do i just need to progress more?

I prefer darkness for solo, you still get all the good stuff to do damage and you can rely on other companions in the future.

Your dmg as darkness is no where near that of deception. Sure you can do quests fine, but I have problems pulling off tanks in Flash Points (I keep my gear upgraded all time as well).

I can kill a champion with 20k hp before KV gets to 40-30% hp as deception. (without taunting him off, just staying behind and rocking).

At lvl 30 - soon 31, I already see 1.5k maul crits with EW up, 700+ discharges and shocks. I doubt a darkness tank specced sin would put out similar numbers, as that would result in a game imbalance to have a class tank with same dps as a pure dps, while having all the better mitigation / avoidance etc.

If you play with friends most of time to do fps / heroics, then I highly sugest a pure dps spec to ease your soloing through quests (unless ofc you are the tank guy in your buddies group).

Silver mobs same level die in 4.5-6s from opener pretty much making it very smooth to dispose of groups of them.

Go madness, it's crazy.

No really, I tried every spec up until about 30, and madness is the most fun for me. You do decent aoe dmg, which clears groups of normal mobs pretty fast. You throw dots around, which get boosted further and reg your energy later on if the mob is debuffed. Generally there seems to be much more to look out for in terms of buffs/debuffs/procs than with the other specs, which I like. It's great fun for solo play, and I yet have to encounter something I can't beat, excluding obvious stuff like most group content at level of course.

I'm going to try full darkness again once I got my useful healer though.

Edited by Scyo

Go madness, it's crazy.

No really, I tried every spec up until about 30, and madness is the most fun for me. You do decent aoe dmg, which clears groups of normal mobs pretty fast. You throw dots around, which get boosted further and reg your energy later on if the mob is debuffed. Generally there seems to be much more to look out for in terms of buffs/debuffs/procs than with the other specs, which I like. It's great fun for solo play, and I yet have to encounter something I can't beat, excluding obvious stuff like most group content at level of course.

I'm going to try full darkness again once I got my useful healer though.

can you kill elites gold an silver?

Madness takes a while to come on it's own, deception is fastest rewarding imho.

As deception you smoke stuff out before they get a chance to put any serious hurt on you or your companion, madness is more sustained dps than burst, and the heals from dots are negligible.

can you kill elites gold an silver?

With ease. Also, if something adds you have a wider array of control. Like instant whirlwind which stuns if opened by damage and hits up to 2 additional normal targets. Or lower CD on electrocute.

Madness takes a while to come on it's own, deception is fastest rewarding imho.

As deception you smoke stuff out before they get a chance to put any serious hurt on you or your companion, madness is more sustained dps than burst, and the heals from dots are negligible.

Yeah you pretty much trade burst for control and sustainabilty. Also the selfhealing in general seems to be way to low to matter. That may be by design though, in which case I have to question why it was implemented at all.

I used Deception from 1 - 50, but if I had to do it again I'd go Darkness just because your tank companions gradually become less and less useful unless you constantly gear them up. To be honest, I loved the companion system initially but in essence all it means is that I have to gear up twice as many slots, keep an eye on twice as many healthbars and so on. I've never liked pet classes to begin with and having to do all the micromanagement for companions is something that has been annoying me for quite a few of my levels.

I used Deception from 1 - 50, but if I had to do it again I'd go Darkness just because your tank companions gradually become less and less useful unless you constantly gear them up. To be honest, I loved the companion system initially but in essence all it means is that I have to gear up twice as many slots, keep an eye on twice as many healthbars and so on. I've never liked pet classes to begin with and having to do all the micromanagement for companions is something that has been annoying me for quite a few of my levels.

I agree, im about to quit this game already, PET WARS lol! true story..

so what spec should i go for solo leveling, i wanna be able to kill elites golds an silvers...

Madness hands down for elites and strongs once you get death field it absolutely destroys them I use khem and he only dies very rarely. Great AOE and DOT damage. Just have dark charge on at sll times and use death field and discharge whenever they are up. Usually for elites and strongs I start the fight like this Recklessness> crushing darkness > death field > discharge > thrash > shock > thrash > electrocute > death field > discharge and then a few more shocks and thrashes will finish them off. You don't get death field til 20 so til then I would do deception.

Edited by mutilatedcorpse

Madness hands down for elites and strongs once you get death field it absolutely destroys them I use khem and he only dies very rarely. Great AOE and DOT damage. Just have dark charge on at sll times and use death field and discharge whenever they are up. Usually for elites and strongs I start the fight like this Recklessness> crushing darkness > death field > discharge > thrash > shock > thrash > electrocute > death field > discharge and then a few more shocks and thrashes will finish them off. You don't get death field til 20 so til then I would do deception.

should i respec all into madness after i hit 20?

should i respec all into madness after i hit 20?

yes i will eventually be 7/3/31 but will put all my points into madness first 20 is when you have enough points to spec into death field which i switched to in order to kill an elite mob that was whooping me and it worked so well i havent gone back to anything else. i probably will at 50 though for pvp but this will be my build. by the time i finish leveling http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200Mc0MZhZcMfRrMkrfz.1

Leveled up Darkness (23) and added 18 madness after.

Used Khem Val in DPS mode with taunts working, shared agro. As soon as I had Andronicus Pulls became much faster, he was doing about 40%+ of our combined damage and was always good at assisting me, without walking delay as he's ranged.

At 40-some I took the healer companion and put him in a full suit of PVP gear, smooth sailing from there. Soloed story-ending at 47.

yes i will eventually be 7/3/31 but will put all my points into madness first 20 is when you have enough points to spec into death field which i switched to in order to kill an elite mob that was whooping me and it worked so well i havent gone back to anything else. i probably will at 50 though for pvp but this will be my build. by the time i finish leveling http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200Mc0MZhZcMfRrMkrfz.1

ok well im gonna try it an see how it works