What You should know about Stronghold houses before release.

TechRandy

This is a list of things that you should know before the Strongholds come out.

1. Do not buy all 3 houses on 1 character.

You can get extra decorations if you take 3 characters and each buy 1 house. There is a Holovid that gives you extra reward if you buy a house, but you can only take the quest one time per character

This is incorrect. You can complete the breadcrumb (Holovid) quest on every character. In order to complete, the stronghold must have it's name/title set to the character you wish to complete the quest on. This is done through the stronhold UI (hotkey "u" by default) via a pulldown menu. Once it's set, quick travel to the stronghold. Voila.

This is incorrect. You can complete the breadcrumb (Holovid) quest on every character. In order to complete, the stronghold must have it's name/title set to the character you wish to complete the quest on. This is done through the stronhold UI (hotkey "u" by default) via a pulldown menu. Once it's set, quick travel to the stronghold. Voila.

Thank you for the update. I will give it a try to verify it on test. Then I will update my post.

People who were subscribers by May 2014 are getting the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, plus five additional rooms for free(!).

People who were subscribers by June 2014 are getting the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, plus three additional rooms for free(!!!).

You are given a few measly decorations, whenever you purchase your new Stronghold. Those decorations don't even exceed 100k or so. The unlock price for the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace is 250k(!) alone, not counting the unlock for different rooms.

In other words, people are getting more for less... Yet theoretically, you're still not satisfied? Seriously?

EDIT:

Prices here.

Oh it's a very very minor thing ("screwed" might have been too strongly worded but what other way was there to say it?), for sure. It's just odd / unexpected. We've got this cheap little intro mission. The rewards for such things generally aren't that big anyway but we have always had the option to run them on every character. The social badge mission, the mission to queue for a warzone, the mission to queue for a flashpoint, the mission to queue for starfighter, etc. Always an option for a little easy credits and xp on any new character. Now, suddenly we're going to have one that we can be locked out of? Weird. Really weird...

Wait...

Aha. Now that makes more sense. So I take it that the mission step reads "travel to ___'s Stronghold" (or however the title is written out), and this works automatically for the character used to purchase a stronghold by defaulting the title to the one with that character's name. I suppose they don't specifically tell you about setting the title in the interface (except perhaps in the 3-panel tutorial screen that everybody will skim and forget?) though?

Also you can buy most of the intro decorations for credits, so you're getting something like 1.5 to 4 million credits worth of Nar Shadaa real estate and at worst you would be losing maybe 50k worth of decorations and multiple sets of fabrication droids which would be a bit annoying but with instant travel to strongholds not the end of the world. But a said above you should get the intro quest the first time you visit a stronghold.

You can get extra decorations if you take 3 characters and each buy 1 house. There is a Holovid that gives you extra reward if you buy a house, but you can only take the quest one time per character.

You can actually do the into quest and get the items on all characters level 15 and higher. I know the quest says you have to buy a Stronghold, but as long as you talk to the holo then use the terminal and travel to the Stronghold, you will get quest completion.

You can get extra decorations if you take 3 characters and each buy 1 house. There is a Holovid that gives you extra reward if you buy a house, but you can only take the quest one time per character

On test center, I didn't have to buy the stronghold each time to get the mission rewards. If you already have a stronghold, you alt can take the mission, go to the terminal where the strongholds are sold, and then choose the travel option to the stronghold you already own. When you get inside the stronghold, just walk forward a few steps and you complete the mission.

Where do you get the dark projects and pre fab missions from? Are they locked behind certain crew skill levels? I tried looking for them but couldn't figure out where they come from, granted that my pts toon was low level and even lower level crew skill wise.

If I recall correctly from the lists on Dulfy's site or another site that Dulfy linked to, the schematics for all the prefab stuff can be learned from the crafting skill trainers at 150, 300, and 450 in the skills.

Half of the skills will be able to make Industrial Prefabs. The other half will be able to make Synthetic Prefabs. All skills will be able to make Universal prefabs but it requires one of each of the Industrial Prefab, Synthetic Prefab, Fabricator Crystal, and Fabricator Design.

Fabricator Crystals are made by any skill from color crystals and tech parts. Two skills use blue crystals, two skills use red crystals, and two skills use green crystals. Fabricator designs are made by any skill from luxury fabrics.

Every skill will be able to make something called War Supplies Invasion Force and 1-2 other War Supplies items. There are 5 other types of War Supplies items in total and you need one of each to make an Invasion Force. Every skill will be able to make a Dark Project out of an Invasion Force and a bunch of grade 7 (and 8?) materials.

Most of this stuff has different versions labeled at mk1, mk2, and mk3. War Supplies do not have these tiers but there are different schematics that use piles of different quality materials to make the same thing. Dark Project has the designation mk1 but it is currently the only type of Dark Project we can make. (Leaving themselves somewhere to expand this later, I guess.)

EDIT: Slight correction: Dark Project requires 400 to learn but for everything else it's 150 for mk1, 300 for mk2, and 450 for mk3.

I've also noticed that except for one grade 1 material in one of the War Supplies schematics, ALL strongholds related crafting only uses materials that are grade 2 and higher. For all the prefab stuff it's typically going to be grade2+grade3 to make anything mk1, grade4+grade5 to make anything mk2, and grade6+grade9 to make anything mk3. War Supplies items are noted as having schematics that take either grades1-3, grades 3-5, or grades 5-9 materials (different ways to make the same thing). But like I just said, only one grade 1 material actually shows up anywhere on that list.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/27/swtor-galactic-stronghold-decorations-list/

Actually this isn't true. You can get the quest to purchase a stronghold but if you own it already all you have to do is travel to it and the quest will give you the decorations. I did this quest on 14 different characters after buying the 3 strongholds on one.

I had 14 mailboxes, 14 legacy storage and maxed out basic items just from doing the intro quests. As well as the vendor droids and the vendor lady. I had more than I knew what to do with.

Edited by Doreian

If I recall correctly from the lists on Dulfy's site and other sites, the schematics for all the prefab stuff can be learned from the crafting skill trainers at 150, 300, and 400 in the skills.

Half of the skills will be able to make Industrial Prefabs. The other half will be able to make Synthetic Prefabs. All skills will be able to make Universal prefabs but it requires one of each of the Industrial Prefab, Synthetic Prefab, Fabricator Crystal, and Fabricator Design.

Fabricator Crystals are made by any skill from color crystals and tech parts. Two skills use blue crystals, two skills use red crystals, and two skills use green crystals. Fabricator designs are made by any skill from luxury fabrics.

Every skill will be able to make something called War Supplies Invasion Force and 1-2 other War Supplies items. There are 5 other types of War Supplies items in total and you need one of each to make an Invasion Force. Every skill will be able to make a Dark Project out of an Invasion Force and a bunch of grade 7 (and 8?) materials.

Most of this stuff has different versions labeled at mk1, mk2, and mk3. War Supplies do not have these tiers but there are different schematics that use piles of different quality materials to make the same thing. Dark Project has the designation mk1 but it is currently the only type of Dark Project we can make. (Leaving themselves somewhere to expand this later, I guess.)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I had already intended to cycle through characters claiming the intro rewards multiple times. I saw no reason to think such a thing wouldn't be possible. I had been under the impression that the conditions of the mission were merely traveling to a stronghold though. It hadn't occurred to me that they might make "purchase a stronghold" a mission step for that.

So.... Does that mean they've screwed us out of one of four possible sets of intro rewards by giving us one of the strongholds for free?

1. The purchase portion is not part of the quest triggers (so you can own one prior to getting the quest); the quest completes simply for traveling to one that you own (which is any that anyone in your legacy owns)

2. It requires level 15+

3. It is repeatable 1 time per character simply be being: level 15+ and visiting any stronghold that your legacy owns

I have completed the intro quest 16 times on the same server with 16 characters in the same legacy and I only own 2 strongholds (one of which was the free one) and both of them I had picked up before even finding the quest giver

Not accurate. You can do the quest on every character in your legacy (I've done it with 16) and the quest does not care if you own the home prior to starting it. Simply traveling to a stronghold you already own (by anyone in the legacy) will complete the quest

Aha. Now that makes more sense. So I take it that the mission step reads "travel to ___'s Stronghold" (or however the title is written out), and this works automatically for the character used to purchase a stronghold by defaulting the title to the one with that character's name. I suppose they don't specifically tell you about setting the title in the interface (except perhaps in the 3-panel tutorial screen that everybody will skim and forget?) though?

You don't even need to change stronghold ownership. As far as the quest is concerned anyone in your legacy owning it is good enough. You just need to travel there and have it be owned by "your family legacy"

The quest ordering you to personally buy and own a stronghold is semantics, it simply means your family needs to buy one and it doesnt care if you already bought it prior to getting the quest

Just going to a stronghold in your legacy completes it

Yes, it seems that all of your members of your legacy can do the intro quest (the hologram) and then travel to the stronghold to receive the rewards. This might be patched in the future, but for now it seems to be the case.

There does appear to be a level requirement. I'm not sure what the minimum level is, but it is probably something around level 15 or so.

• 4 years later...
In what instance would you have to pay to reactivate a stronghold? Only if you paid credits and deactivated it? Does it deactivate if your subscription doesn't get paid and therefore you have to pay to reactivate? or is reactivation only if you decide to deactivate that stronghold on a character to get another? How many strongholds per account/server are allowed? Sorry for the newbie questions but I just want to be clear before I pay credits for a place. Thank you for your time and patience.:rak_02: Edited by LdyPirate

In what instance would you have to pay to reactivate a stronghold? Only if you paid credits and deactivated it? Does it deactivate if your subscription doesn't get paid and therefore you have to pay to reactivate? or is reactivation only if you decide to deactivate that stronghold on a character to get another? How many strongholds per account/server are allowed? Sorry for the newbie questions but I just want to be clear before I pay credits for a place. Thank you for your time and patience.:rak_02:

4 year necro. Well done.

The stronghold doesn't get deactivated automatically. When you need to reactivate, you either deactivated it manually or you transferred a character to another server where you didn't have that stronghold yet. In that case the stronghold is deactivated. I.e. you no longer have access, but all additional rooms you already unlocked are automatically unlocked again when you reactivate the stronghold (even after a server transfer.)

When you paid the initial unlock on the terminal with credits, you need to pay the same sum again to get back access to the stronghold. When you paid with cartel coins, reactivating the strongold will be free (even after a server transfer.)

You can have up to 10 strongholds, and there currently are 8, so there isn't really a reason to deactivate strongholds, unless you have duplicates from the server merges a year ago, and want to buy a new one.

Have alook at Tor Decorating or SWTOR Strongholds for tours and more detailed info on the unlocks.

Edited by Mubrak

but all additional rooms you already unlocked are automatically unlocked again when you reactivate the stronghold (even after a server transfer)

Not anymore they are not. After paying to transfer over one of my level 70 crafters to Satele Shan from DM where I had all but Yavin fully unlocked and decorated (after the merger left me with duplicate crafters I didn't need on one server) I had to pay AGAIN to unlock all the rooms in Kaas City and all the rooms in Nar Shadaa. I was not happy. Response was that it was intended :mad: