why is schematic Blue war hero's crystal rarer than a czerka crate o matic

watermelonfan

Translation = this guy wants to be able to corner the GTN market on blue war hero crystals. This has nothing to do with his enjoyment of the game or his gameplay. It has nothing to do with wielding a blue war hero crystal, as he says he wants the schematic and not the crystal. This guy just thinks he'd have some gravy train of credits if he got his hands on the schematic.

I have 3 crystals, granted I bought them all from GTN, ranging from 4-7M I think. They appear every now and again.

I do agree, I have never seen the schematic though, and really you never will, people will make a lot more money making the crystals to sell.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation = this guy wants to be able to corner the GTN market on blue war hero crystals. This has nothing to do with his enjoyment of the game or his gameplay. It has nothing to do with wielding a blue war hero crystal, as he says he wants the schematic and not the crystal. This guy just thinks he'd have some gravy train of credits if he got his hands on the schematic.

No I don't. I want to wield the crystal too. I prefer to make stuff my self. I take pride in my work. I think looting 194 boxes more than justifies this outrage. Besides no active player on my server can make it. I should have this simple color crystal and schematic by now. My subscriptions expires in 2 days. I won't be subscribing for a while in protest to this terrible customer service(This time I am actually serious). I hope Bioware is happy to get rid of 2 year subscribers. congratulations bioware for pissing off a 2 year subscriber. This is not good for business or for star wars.

I have 3 crystals, granted I bought them all from GTN, ranging from 4-7M I think. They appear every now and again.

I do agree, I have never seen the schematic though, and really you never will, people will make a lot more money making the crystals to sell.

Maybe on your server. On my server they are extinct. I can't find them on the jedi convent or POT5. There used to be someone on both of those servers who could craft them. They both stopped playing. I can't say I blame them. This game has become trash.

No I don't. I want to wield the crystal too. I prefer to make stuff my self. I take pride in my work. I think looting 194 boxes more than justifies this outrage. Besides no active player on my server can make it. I should have this simple color crystal and schematic by now. My subscriptions expires in 2 days. I won't be subscribing for a while in protest to this terrible customer service(This time I am actually serious). I hope Bioware is happy to get rid of 2 year subscribers. congratulations bioware for pissing off a 2 year subscriber. This is not good for business or for star wars.

What do you expect Customer service? They can't just give you the schematic if you never got it in the first place. What kind of precedent does that set if they just gave someone something they didn't acquire in the first place? RNG is RNG. This much whine over a crystal is ridiculous.

Edited by Nickious

Maybe on your server. On my server they are extinct. I can't find them on the jedi convent or POT5. There used to be someone on both of those servers who could craft them. They both stopped playing. I can't say I blame them. This game has become trash.

And yet here you are, still. Quite telling.

What do you expect Customer service? They can't just give you the schematic if you never got it in the first place. What kind of precedent does that set if they just gave someone something they didn't acquire in the first place? RNG is RNG.

of course they can grant it. Usually I would agree with your comment about not granting stuff that wasn't acquired in the first place, But this is a really extreme case. It took me 194,000 warzone commendations to open 194 boxes. Do you have any idea how much time and work that takes? How many grade 6 crafting pvp boxes have you opened?

They could tell me what the drop rate is. They have refused to tell me this. I don't see what the harm would be in telling me this.

Edited by watermelonfan

I already corner the market with other items. This is the least of my concerns.

of course they can grant it. Usually I would agree with your comment about not granting stuff that wasn't acquired in the first place, But this is a really extreme case. It took me 194,000 warzone commendations to open 194 boxes. Do you have any idea how much time and work that takes? How many grade 6 crafting pvp boxes have you opened?

They could tell me what the drop rate is. They have refused to tell me this. I don't see what the harm would be in telling me this.

doesn't matter what the drop rate is. could be 1/10 and you might just have the absolute worst luck in the game. Going through CS isn't going to solve anything and will most likely just get you an an ignore/vacation list if it gets excessive.

doesn't matter what the drop rate is. could be 1/10 and you might just have the absolute worst luck in the game. Going through CS isn't going to solve anything and will most likely just get you an an ignore/vacation list if it gets excessive.

Its not 1/10. The GTN would be flooded with this schematic if it was that common. Again, why can't they tell me the drop rate? What harm would be done? I would find that very satisfying.

Edited by watermelonfan

The RNG is a real pain :(

I have run the Maelstrom and Taral V flashpoints at least a 100 times each to get a Commando Maelstrom Generator still no luck. It becomes a real annoyance to people who can become obsessed for a certain item.

Edited by Jaxtes

The RNG is a real paint :(

I have run the Maelstrom and Taral V flashpoints at least a 100 times each to get a Commando Maelstrom Generator still no luck. It becomes a real annoyance to people who can become obsessed for a certain item.

Do you have the confirmation from someone that item truly drops or did you check sites like TORHEAD?

The reason I ask is because there's plenty of stuff listen on sites such as TORHEAD and Asked Mr. Robot that doesn't actually drop from flashpoints and what not.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Its not 1/10. The GTN would be flooded with this schematic if it was that common. Again, why can't they tell me the drop rate? What harm would be done? I would find that very satisfying.

why does it matter?

if its .01% chance or a .001% chance does not do you any additional good since you could still spend billions and not find it. But keep at it, maybe bashing your head against this wall will get it to crack one of these days (the wall, not your head).

The RNG is a real pain :(

That is just a generator. There are plenty of other modifiable ones out there. I don't understand why you want this exact one.

Random item is random. You have exactly the same crappy chance of getting it each time you open a box, no matter how many boxes you open. Why don't people understand this?

Example: Item has a 1/10,000 chance to drop. If you try 100 times, you do not have 100/10,000 chance. You have 1/10,000 chance 100 times. Very different things. Therefore, if you try 10,000 times, you have no guarantee of getting the item. All you have is 10,000 chances that give you the same odds that your first chance gave.

why does it matter?

if its .01% chance or a .001% chance does not do you any additional good since you could still spend billions and not find it. But keep at it, maybe bashing your head against this wall will get it to crack one of these days (the wall, not your head).

It matters because it would tell me the probability. that would be a nice thing to know. Don't you think?

It would definitely feed my curiosity.

Do you have the confirmation from someone that item truly drops or did you check sites like TORHEAD?

The reason I ask is because there's plenty of stuff listen on sites such as TORHEAD and Asked Mr. Robot that doesn't actually drop from flashpoints and what not.

Aye one of the CS guys said it drops from either of the 2 FP's very low rate though :(

That is just a generator. There are plenty of other modifiable ones out there. I don't understand why you want this exact one.

Ifs kind of funny all other moddable Generators or Focus have D-Power written in their names just because of that :p

I got focus for my sorc and shadow fom FP's too :cool:

Focus of Insight for Shadow

Focus of Volatile Force for Sorcerer

Its Just one of those quirks people have.

Edited by Jaxtes

Random item is random. You have exactly the same crappy chance of getting it each time you open a box, no matter how many boxes you open. Why don't people understand this?

Example: Item has a 1/10,000 chance to drop. If you try 100 times, you do not have 100/10,000 chance. You have 1/10,000 chance 100 times. Very different things. Therefore, if you try 10,000 times, you have no guarantee of getting the item. All you have is 10,000 chances that give you the same odds that your first chance gave.

I do understand. And most people do understand this. However, This is besides the point. 194 grade 6 crafting boxes is an insanely sick number of boxes to open and not get what your looking for. If SWTOR customer service was half decent they would at least tell me the drop rate. I doubt you would take this well either if you opened this many boxes without getting the item you want.

I do understand. And most people do understand this. However, This is besides the point. 194 grade 6 crafting boxes is an insanely sick number of boxes to open and not get what your looking for. If SWTOR customer service was half decent they would at least tell me the drop rate. I doubt you would take this well either if you opened this many boxes without getting the item you want.

I'd be fine with it because I understand the system. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a little frustrating, but it's not a CS issue. Tell me this, though: What good would it do to know the EXACT drop rate? It's still not going to change your chances. All that can possibly do is frustrate you more if you continue to strike out.

well put it this way, have you gotten a Crate-o-Matic out of those boxes yet? How many would you expect to open before you found that?

Knowing the drop rate is irrelevant, it gives you no additional information other than to say "i've opened X boxes already and it didn't drop" Which is what you are basically saying already, you just want to be able to demand that they give it to you since you've opened that many boxes already.

You could make a new post every 5 minutes asking (demanding?) for information on the drop rate from a dev and while waiting for a response. I have a feeling you'll find it well before you get a response. I would say give up, but obviously you have an urge that no mortal being could comprehend. so I will just say good luck.

I'd be fine with it because I understand the system. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a little frustrating, but it's not a CS issue. Tell me this, though: What good would it do to know the EXACT drop rate? It's still not going to change your chances. All that can possibly do is frustrate you more if you continue to strike out.

Knowing the exact drop rate would give me a general idea how many boxes I would need to open to get the schematic. That would be a bit comforting. I understand that there would be no guarantee since its random and doesn't stack, but it would make me feel better. for example, if the drop rate is 1 in 200 that would make me feel pretty good because I have opened almost 200. If its 1 in 400 then I'm about half way there. If its like 1 in 10,000 then I know I shouldn't bother. That's what bothers me the most. I know its rare but I don't know how extreme it is. If I knew the exact drop rate then that would help me decide if I should keep trying or not. Without knowing the drop rate, I'm not sure if its still worth trying or not..

Knowing the exact drop rate would give me a general idea how many boxes I would need to open to get the schematic. That would be a bit comforting. I understand that there would be no guarantee since its random and doesn't stack, but it would make me feel better. for example, if the drop rate is 1 in 200 that would make me feel pretty good because I have opened almost 200. If its 1 in 400 then I'm about half way there. If its like 1 in 10,000 then I know I shouldn't bother. That's what bothers me the most. I know its rare but I don't know how extreme it is. If I knew the exact drop rate then that would help me decide if I should keep trying or not. Without knowing the drop rate, I'm not sure if its still worth trying or not..

it will take no less and no more than the exact number you opened until it was found.

so if they say one out of 200 and you dont find it in 200 then what?

If they were to say 400 and it drops at 300?how about 500?

Edited by DOHboy

if the drop rate is 1 in 200 that would make me feel pretty good because I have opened almost 200. If its 1 in 400 then I'm about half way there. If its like 1 in 10,000 then I know I shouldn't bother.

That's not how RNG works. You get the exact same chance each and every time you open one of those boxes.

Unless of course you've wound CS up so much that they've nerfed your account RNG into oblivion :p

194 isn't a lot of boxes, it may feel like a lot of boxes, but it isn't. What you should really be doing is joining a PVP guild (or starting one yourself) and asking everyone to put one box (if not bound, which iirc they are) into the guild bank. Either that or opening a box per week, make it an event or something, 1000 wz comms is nothing to gain and is easy enough.