About SWTOR future...

Deewe

That's a good thing. Most games based directly on movies (i.e. follow the movie plot/etc) suck horribly. Goldeneye is probably the only real notable exception to that rule. That doesn't mean they won't make games featuring characters from the new movies or games in the same timeline but on the side of the movie plot.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read some more stuff and seems the open world game will be based on Batman Arkham game play.

In a way using the IP as foundation for the setting of the game but not based on any actual movie.

In short the new open world game isn't a MMO.

Clicky

Read some more stuff and seems the open world game will be based on Batman Arkham game play.

In a way using the IP as foundation for the setting of the game but not based on any actual movie.

Clicky

Good on both parts, on it not being an MMO and definitely good that it won't be based on any actual movie. I mean, some of the Episode Games were ok, but it was basically straight forward. The good ones were of course the Lego ones, but that's neither here nor there.

Clicky

Yeah, I've pretty much assumed that from the start.

MMO's take a looooooooooong time to develop.

From the sound of the info provided since it first was discovered, this open world game would be on the market "soon"™.

Besides, alot of people just assume MMO when they hear open world, without ever considering games like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arcam City or even Minecraft.

the implication is that the announcement is the expansion. duh. If swtor is getting replaced they wouldn't even be talking about expansions.

You get trolled hard dude.

No, this was written in the announcement of the expansion, currently titled 3.0, announcing it for end of 2014. In the same article they announced that after that expansion came through, then there would be a major announcement about the future of the game. That announcement is obviously timed to be about what content will be like around the release of Episode 7 in December 2015. Bioware is not stupid, they 100% will do something major that holiday season.

Uh I hate to break it to you, but every company in existence shuts down titles when they become unprofitable.

You're not breaking anything - I believe that's what I indicated in my post. The real sad fact of the matter is that some games shut down even when they are profitable *cought*NCSoft*cough*

You're not breaking anything - I believe that's what I indicated in my post. The real sad fact of the matter is that some games shut down even when they are profitable *cought*NCSoft*cough*

Just making sure, you would be amazed how many people seem to think companies should act like charities.

Anyone else not care if the rumors are true or not but hope that the profit they have been making has lead them to re-invest heavily in the game? An announcement of the engine being re-done so they can add certain features that were a flat out "no" in the past come to mind.

Anyone else not care if the rumors are true or not but hope that the profit they have been making has lead them to re-invest heavily in the game? An announcement of the engine being re-done so they can add certain features that were a flat out "no" in the past come to mind.

You can't redo the engine, or well you can, but you would have to make the entire game from scratch again.

And the engine ain't that bad, this isn't 2012.

• 2 months later...

I revive this topic, because many of the things said, comming true... (the new race, controlls, etc).

And I do believe that the new gameplay control system is console friendly...

Other than that, if swtor 2 comes in 3 years from now, it bugs me a bit... They will have to give 2 months free sub with the original swtor 2 game, to us who supported swtor 1!!! lol

here the info about swtor "2"

A “New Game Plus” feature will be added to The Old Republic once the story has been completed. The mode will tweak the leveling function and alter the experience of early planets. Certain characters introduced later in the story will appear earlier in the campaign if certain requirements are met. An abundance of items that will make certain aspects of gameplay less repetitive are to be added.

Player characters from The Old Republic will reappear in the sequel; that is to say, a player’s character from the original game will appear in the specific story arc of the player’s new character in the next game (albeit in the form of Holocron messages or something to that effect). A similar feature was included in the sequels to BioWare’s Mass Effect, where moral choices from previous installments would carry over in the sequels.

so its a super major expansion, less than a new game. That it will revamp the entire game into a different era. Corellia for example will stop be a destroyed and under attack planet, balmora also...Courasant may be under attack, etc... with a newer version of engine and more features? Thats how I understand it.

Edited by Oyranos