Collectors Edition Vendor - lack of armour types?

Illanair

I was rather sad to finally discover the CE vendor at Garrick only to find that the spiffy officer style moddable armour set he? sells is only for Light Armour users.

Furthermore, why is there only appearance items for Corso and T7?

Now, don't get me wrong, CE owners shouldn't be handed too much compared to the "average joe", but could we at least get an armour for each armour type, and possibly even custom looks for each companion? Seems so... biased if you will.

(I found the Security key vendor much more interesting tbh, which is a shame)

Social Armour is Light Armour because it's completely modifiable for you to tweak as you will. Additionally, it's there much more so for role players or a more casual group who don't mind gimping themselves a bit to look how they want rather than truly hardcore people.

Don't forget any 'orange' armour is just as modifiable as any items from the social vendor. Social items just have no stats on them right from the start.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

With all due respect I think you are very wrong, Whatdares. Moddable armour is not JUST for RP. It is a method to keep armour till (and through possibly) endgame content by upgrading mods. There's a reason why everyone gets moddable weapons and armour of all types throughout the game - flashpoints rewards moddables (and so on) Edited by Illanair

Social Armour is Light Armour because it's completely modifiable for you to tweak as you will. Additionally, it's there much more so for role players or a more casual group who don't mind gimping themselves a bit to look how they want rather than truly hardcore people.

Don't forget any 'orange' armour is just as modifiable as any items from the social vendor. Social items just have no stats on them right from the start.

Im thinking if the base was already type 'heavy armor' then the stats for armor would be higher right?

That WOULD make sense why there is only the light type sold there. but it doesnt make a lot of sense IMHO

With all due respect I think you are very wrong, Whatdares. Moddable armour is not JUST for RP. It is a method to keep armour till (and through possibly) endgame content by upgrading mods. There's a reason why everyone gets moddable weapons and armour of all types throughout the game - flashpoints rewards moddables (and so on)

That's not what was said. Whatdares was referring to "social" armor being mainly for RP, not all mod armor. For example, the slave girl outfit in the security vendor store. That's more for RP purposes and amusement as opposed to being intended as an end-game, uber-armor.

As for the OP's comments, they've already said they will be updating the CE vendor items periodically so I'm sure they will get some other things in there over time that you'll find more useful.

I agree. There are so many orange social items, CE included, that I would love to use on my Jedi Knight very much but unfortunately can not. It's not fair that only light armor users have true freedom when it comes to how they look.

To make things worse, Consulars and Sith Inquisitors are already grossly overplayed and at this point I'm even considering re-rolling to one just so that I can actually utilize these items.

@Jim: The thing is there is no such term as "RP armour" in the game. It has Light Armour as type, and is therefore considered as being Moddable armour mechanicswise - and due to that any Light Armour wearing class is rewarded an unfair "advantage", be it a cosmetic one.

Either a social armour type needs to be put in place and all equipment regarded as such be converted to it, or these Light Armour items needs to be converted to the other types be it serverside (more items) or by using certain conversion items on them to change the armour type (like say a one time craftable item that costs X credits to use or craft)