Hello Mythic!

Bullsith

I hate to break it to all of your hardcore pvpers but this games launch priority was not pvp. They have years of content planned out before them, this games pve seems to be amazing and im sure that biowares priority for content patches is pvp based. I've seen world pvp, I think warzones are pretty fun and im looking forward to seeing how they expand pvp. Until then you have to make best with what they have given us at launch and enjoy the other parts of the game.

Yup, that's why the fullest servers are PvP servers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that's why the fullest servers are PvP servers.

I play on a pvp server, and love pvp. That doesnt change the fact this is a pvp oriented game, and it wont change the pvp thats currently implemented to it. I look forward to seeing what they do with pvp and until then im satisfied with the content. summarizes that.

I dont know why so many hate threads. I warzone all day while questing. I did fine issues but nothing that would break the game or make it no fun. I play sniper and somtimes i cant go on cover. My activation abilities reset and dont shoot. But thats still minor and can b fixed. Btw majority of ppl r enjoying game and cant b bothered to get on forums and post something.

All I know is if bioware takes after AION or CAREHAMMER than this game will fail with pvpers...

warhammer spokesmouth talked a big game but in the end their pvp was all shoved inbaren pvp lakes... world pvp was not even pushed and them 1 shot carebear guards pretty much discouraged town raids...

please copy WOW world pvp.. that was the ultimate, sadly the rest of it sucked

CC isnt a big issue to me almost every class has a skill that breaks CC and as they said the game wasnt centered around pvp they have a small pvp staff that works on pvp if you even remotely followed the games progress over the years you would know this learns the strategy s its a new game new gameplay adapt to it or simply dont play the pvp.

WoW had no battlegrounds at launch, people found eachother out in the open and killed, simple as that. From what I know that is very much possible in this game, plus the warzones. Bioware has so much to expand on but the players have no patience.

WoW was launched in 2004, TOR (with 3+ times its budget) was launched in 2011 with 7 years of knowledge and research on the competitor they want to beat, please stop the weak comparisons thank you.

MMO's are not competing with just other mmos anymore for pvp players. The MOBA/RTS Scene has blown up with the release of SC2, and F2P MOBA games like LOL and HON. The fact is this games pvp is not even close to being able to compete with the alternatives out there for pvp players.

Much like other recent mmos soon enough the queues are going to get longer and longer, and people are going to leave. SWTOR is months behind on what will be problems in the next few weeks. Unless they have more warfronts, a plan for competitive pvp, and support for cross server pvp they are going to lose their pvp players.

MMO's are not competing with just other mmos anymore for pvp players. The MOBA/RTS Scene has blown up with the release of SC2, and F2P MOBA games like LOL and HON. The fact is this games pvp is not even close to being able to compete with the alternatives out there for pvp players.

Much like other recent mmos soon enough the queues are going to get longer and longer, and people are going to leave. SWTOR is months behind on what will be problems in the next few weeks. Unless they have more warfronts, a plan for competitive pvp, and support for cross server pvp they are going to lose their pvp players.

QFT. Thank You

Cross server pvp is a terrible idea- also, this is launch. League didn't have ranked for a good chunk of time, they didn't just put the game out and say, 'oh, here's season 1'. Also, League went for a very long time with ONE map, yet was still top of the pack- so number of warfronts mean nothing. Competitive pvp in the first week... are you insane? In a game that needs build up? You can't start pvp seasons when 99% of your playerbase isn't max level, completely defeats the purpose if you're catering not to pvpers, but to powerlevellers who'll get a headstart.

Furthermore, testing can't ready you for what players are like post launch- people don't take their characters/pvp as seriously in a beta, but they do post launch. You need to give players time to hit max, and get used to pvp before you can do that.

Look man, if you want to tell PVP-ers to go eff themselves cause SWTOR has great PVE, do it over another forum.

lolwat. Why do people keep saying uninformed, ridiculous things like "This is a PvE game", and "the majority of players are PvE players" - are you living in 2005?

Thanks to games like Call of Duty and WoW, I would probably say 50% if not more play the games almost solely for PvP.

lol I mean, why do you think they've payed meticulous attention to allowing people to level up entirely by PvP, constantly tweaking the XP gain, etc.?

Because it's a PvP/PvE game.

I feel like we have nothing to worry about guys bioware has been really good with solving problems and answering us they will try their best to satisfy everybody for us pvpers just have to deal maybe gank people in tatooine start some world pvp but I have a good feeling it will get better :cool:

I keep seeing huttball referenced when complaining about CC, 2 things

1. Passing the ball in huttball is mandatory, your team should always be running ahead of you or you should be looking to pass to someone when you are knocked off platforms, Passing it back up to someone on the platform will win games easy.

2. There's a small white meter that fills up called the 'resolve' meter in pvp right next to your characters health bar portrait. you can view enemies resolve bar's by looking at their health portrait when targeting them. This bar is what controls DR. When it's full, you will be immune to cc as long as it's full. I've watched the bar quite a bit and usually it'll take 2 stuns for it to fill up and make you immune to cc, this includes knockbacks.

Well there is to much cc in this game in PvP and we all know it, and the resolve bar as always doesnt work.I can stand there with the resolve bar filed up but players can still stun me, and when the bar goes down it goes down way to quick.Yeah it is sad when thinking about it that on of the most patetic things about wow was all the PvP stun, killing you in 1 two blows. And then we have the same in this game with Operatives beeing the wow rouge 2 class.And why on earth have a 2 m cooldown for the cc beak for alot of classes is just braindead, in PvP this is just poor thinking from the devs. Edited by Lord_Karsk

lolwat. Why do people keep saying uninformed, ridiculous things like "This is a PvE game", and "the majority of players are PvE players" - are you living in 2005?

Thanks to games like Call of Duty and WoW, I would probably say 50% if not more play the games almost solely for PvP.

Please, dont be ridiculous. 10~30% maybe.

One thing everyone forgets about DAOC that was an absolute lynchpin that made the system work:

Resources were harshly limited. This means Health, Power, and Endurance. You could run out fairly quickly and you didn't gain it back all that quickly at all. This is a large part of what made the combat more tactical.

It also made it possible for you to win a battle open field, and 10 seconds later you were still at half hp when the next fight rolled in. You had to be ready to fight in any condition.

People these days want everything NAO!!! They would never have the patience for DAOC gameplay, even if it is better. No, everyone needs to be full power again in 10 seconds or less from 1% or they will cry and tantrum.

Also, unless you got rezzed it was a long run back to the fight. It wasn't rambo slaughterfest. Something else people would not stand for anymore.

pvp focus or not, they could have at least added a diminishing return effect.

Wow paved the way for why this is good, and 150 million dollars says you can at least add it.

pretty sure that 10 seconds of cc immunity is a diminishing return

just saying.