Hello Mythic!

Bullsith

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record wow was hardcore pvp in beta and release .

There were countless battles everywhere , constant gangs , raids into capitals ( the main reason wow;s servers were crushing ) etc etc.

Get a clue wow became dominant at first cause all the pvpers from daoc - gw1 were there to test it.

Then it became mostly pve but had always a solid pvp crowd following them even if pvp by it self in wow became crap.

Now add wows crap pvp and then some and you see how swtor is .

Edited by Ellvaan
borderline rude (pm'd)

Warhammer online had the harshest anti-cc penalties I have ever seen.

I hate to be rude, but poor players simply want a game with absolutely 0 cc, 0 healing, just damage. This games CC is definitely not even remotely over the top, these players cry about anything.

Actually...no, it's not absurd. Why should all games be the same?

Because there not that stupid and you guys are treating them like some minor company. They stated many times over they are welcoming the competition [ blizzard] and plan to keep up with them. Stop being so foolish and look at it logically, they're not going to just leave the pvp crowd angry, no company would unless they enjoy losing subs and having a huge portion that makes up an MMO a failure.

As someone who played both DAOC and Warhammer Online I would like to bow to you for fooling, possibly millions of people into thinking you had a clue on PVP design.

DAOC had great PVP. It had some faults but gosh darn it, it was fun. Warhammer online, no so much, now this... this is just sad. So again let me congratulate you into fooling everyone you knew PVP design. DAOC was what we call beginner's luck, something that you'll never be able to repeat.

But even so, I really don't get it. You have WoW as the ultimate example of PVP prefferance. Why in the world would you make PVP be dominated by CC when you KNEW thanks to WoW and your failure of a game, Warhammer online, that CC in PVP isn't amusing even when there isn't much CC. What rational logic did you use when you said "Hey let's add like... a lot of CC in PVP."? Please tell me, I'm dying to know how you figured that someone enjoys themselves by not having control over his character about 60% of the time?

Bioware, please, put someone who has a clue about PVP in charge. Mythic is not that someone.

And how many months did it take them to nerf the 3 minute mez in DAOC? I rest my case.

And how many months did it take them to nerf the 3 minute mez in DAOC? I rest my case.

and in the meantime it was still great, fixing it just made it that much better, it went from really great to freakin' awesome if you want to try and scale it.....the thing is about daoc is you could tell when you were about to get mezzed....their CC system was great

I'm actually ok with the CC in SWTOR so far (haven't really been able to test massive battles because they don't exist because meaningful openworld pvp doesn't exist), I think the problem is people don't know how it works. They should check out that resolve sticky in the PvP forums if they have problems with how CC works.

Warhammer online had the harshest anti-cc penalties I have ever seen.

I hate to be rude, but poor players simply want a game with absolutely 0 cc, 0 healing, just damage. This games CC is definitely not even remotely over the top, these players cry about anything.

yeah it is like there is a huge crowd of people who consider themselves hardcore PvPers but are actually just the FPS players who expect an MMO to be the same as their FPS games, yet since they rule in their FPS games, they still think they know what they're talking about when it comes to MMOs.

PvP focus or not, they could have at least added a diminishing return effect.

WoW paved the way for why this is good, and 150 MILLION dollars says you can at least add it.

Please go duel a friend with alot of CC. Try to chain CC him over, and over again. It will not work. Diminishing returns do work they just don't last that long.

If you ever wasted a cc and nothing happend to the person like the following

Electrocute (Zaps target but its not stunned)

Discharge (does animation but nothing else)

This was diminishing returns happens to me and for me all the time.

If there was no cc what is to stop heavy armoured melee characters from running roughshod over agents and other classes that really have no other defence??? People always complain but then what is your alternative so that these classes still have a chance?

Please go duel a friend with alot of CC. Try to chain CC him over, and over again. It will not work.

yeah this is why CC works well in this game. People need to realize that CC is part of MMOs, it's a necessary part, very necessary. No one likes to be CCd, everyone likes to CC, choose your uses and your breaks wisely, it's complete strategy. It's completely balanced in this game, learn it and quit complaining, everyone.

-edit- now if only there were meaningful PvP in which to use the CC and the rest of my abilities

Edited by drealmer

CC and Healing is part of mmog if dont like it ****, and play FPS.

CC is fine, But healing need be uped 5-10% in pvp. Atlast how i feal. But dont got full pvp set yet so can be fine when i get full set.

DAOC pvp had all tools make good in pvp. Played MMOG since Ultima Online

I hate to break it to all of your hardcore pvpers but this games launch priority was not pvp. They have years of content planned out before them, this games pve seems to be amazing and im sure that biowares priority for content patches is pvp based. I've seen world pvp, I think warzones are pretty fun and im looking forward to seeing how they expand pvp. Until then you have to make best with what they have given us at launch and enjoy the other parts of the game.

Half of the servers at TOR launch were PvP servers, new guy. Go troll someplace else, Mister PvE. And yes, this game has a stupid amount of CC. Abilities like knockback are "WE WIN" buttons in games like Huttball, and since Imps *ALWAYS* have 5+ Inquisitards in each match (whereas you might see one Sage on Republic side), it's not even remotely fair.

Edited by Elytharra

HOLY CRAP a patch already and it doesnt do EVERYTHING that everyone wants??? I mean 4 days after launch!!!!!! MY GOD!!!

I'd like to inform you that many of the issues that people are complaining about were present in beta builds six months ago. So no, it's not 4 days later.

Its called resolve, and it works wonders when you know how to use it. /end thread

Stop QQ'ing, crowd control adds an extra layer to PvP combat, stop trying to oversimplify everything more than it already is. Next thing you know the OP is going to complain about the maps because there is fire and he just keeps dying to it or that he has too many buttons to press.

Its called resolve, and it works wonders when you know how to use it. /end thread

Stop QQ'ing, crowd control adds an extra layer to PvP combat, stop trying to oversimplify everything more than it already is. Next thing you know the OP is going to complain about the maps because there is fire and he just keeps dying to it or that he has too many buttons to press.

But the fire in huttball IS way too random as to encourage competitive pvp. Randomness in unwanted, as is an 'objective' to every fricking scenario...

As someone who played both DAOC and Warhammer Online I would like to bow to you for fooling, possibly millions of people into thinking you had a clue on PVP design.

DAOC had great PVP. It had some faults but gosh darn it, it was fun. Warhammer online, no so much, now this... this is just sad. So again let me congratulate you into fooling everyone you knew PVP design. DAOC was what we call beginner's luck, something that you'll never be able to repeat.

But even so, I really don't get it. You have WoW as the ultimate example of PVP prefferance. Why in the world would you make PVP be dominated by CC when you KNEW thanks to WoW and your failure of a game, Warhammer online, that CC in PVP isn't amusing even when there isn't much CC. What rational logic did you use when you said "Hey let's add like... a lot of CC in PVP."? Please tell me, I'm dying to know how you figured that someone enjoys themselves by not having control over his character about 60% of the time?

Bioware, please, put someone who has a clue about PVP in charge. Mythic is not that someone.

Looks like a "I give up, my PvP stinks in this game post".. ^^

^^^^^^^^^^^

The only ones to complain are the ones that suck at PvP. I win a lot and love it.

your statement is fallible, as in: you are making a blanketed generalization and basing an 'argument' off of it, this is an exact example of a fallacy. which means you're wrong.