Hello Mythic!

Bullsith

As someone who played both DAOC and Warhammer Online I would like to bow to you for fooling, possibly millions of people into thinking you had a clue on PVP design.

DAOC had great PVP. It had some faults but goddamn it, it was fun. Warhammer online, no so much, now this... this is just sad. So again let me congratulate you into fooling everyone you knew PVP design. DAOC was what we call beginner's luck, something that you'll never be able to repeat.

But even so, I really don't get it. You have WoW as the ultimate example of PVP prefferance. Why in the world would you make PVP be dominated by CC when you KNEW thanks to WoW and your failure of a game, Warhammer online, that CC in PVP isn't amusing even when there isn't much CC. What rational logic did you use when you said "Hey let's add like... a lot of CC in PVP."? Please tell me, I'm dying to know how you figured that someone enjoys themselves by not having control over his character about 60% of the time?

Bioware, please, put someone who has a clue about PVP in charge. Mythic is not that someone.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to break it to all of your hardcore pvpers but this games launch priority was not pvp. They have years of content planned out before them, this games pve seems to be amazing and im sure that biowares priority for content patches is pvp based. I've seen world pvp, I think warzones are pretty fun and im looking forward to seeing how they expand pvp. Until then you have to make best with what they have given us at launch and enjoy the other parts of the game. Edited by Chrisbox

I hate to break it to all of your hardcore pvpers but this games launch priority was not pvp. They have years of content planned out before them, this games pve seems to be amazing and im sure that biowares priority for content patches is pvp based. I've seen world pvp, I think warzones are pretty fun and im looking forward to seeing how they expand pvp. Until then you have to make best with what they have given us at launch and enjoy the other parts of the game.

PvP focus or not, they could have at least added a diminishing return effect.

WoW paved the way for why this is good, and 150 MILLION dollars says you can at least add it.

WoW had no battlegrounds at launch, people found eachother out in the open and killed, simple as that. From what I know that is very much possible in this game, plus the warzones. Bioware has so much to expand on but the players have no patience.

gw2 will take all sw's pvp's so they prob arn't going to cater to pvp... if you liek pve its your game

Your saying that the company that just released one of the biggest MMO launches of the year, will keep their game pve focused so they have no pvp crowd? Thats just absurd.

I really don't understand the crying over CC. You have those CC abilities to use as well as the enemy.

Please choose a new quote, it does not suit you. If you cannot fathom why a lack of DR is a bad thing in PvP you are not worthy of even hinting at any affiliation with Bruce Lee.

I hate to break it to all of your hardcore pvpers but this games launch priority was not pvp. They have years of content planned out before them, this games pve seems to be amazing and im sure that biowares priority for content patches is pvp based. I've seen world pvp, I think warzones are pretty fun and im looking forward to seeing how they expand pvp. Until then you have to make best with what they have given us at launch and enjoy the other parts of the game.

Look man, if you want to tell PVP-ers to go eff themselves cause SWTOR has great PVE, do it over another forum.

Please choose a new quote, it does not suit you. If you cannot fathom why a lack of DR is a bad thing in PvP you are not worthy of even hinting at any affiliation with Bruce Lee.

There is already a system in place that enforces DR, look it up.

gw2 will take all sw's pvp's so they prob arn't going to cater to pvp... if you liek pve its your game

I'm pretty sure GW2 PVP will be much worse than SWTOR's. As poorly designed as PVP is in SWTOR it will look like Parasdise next to GW2.

Look man, if you want to tell PVP-ers to go eff themselves cause SWTOR has great PVE, do it over another forum.

Thats not at all what i just wrote, and your response was not even slightly well constructed. Im saying that In a PVE focused game, this pvp will probably not be the best at launch, I was right. Unless bioware is extremely dumb, they are going to add more pvp to the game to make everyone happy, and I said until then people should enjoy the rest of the game. Did that clarify anyhting for you?

Edited by Chrisbox

Your saying that the company that just released one of the biggest MMO launches of the year, will keep their game pve focused so they have no pvp crowd? Thats just absurd.

lets see. they take world pvp out of the game one of the funnest things for pvp'rs ... they give us 3 warzone.. oh so fun really gonna sub for years on end for those... its also externally unresponsive when it comes to pvp combat.. pve no so bad.. and you cant have that for pvp...

first patch talk....... PVE PVE PVE PVE... no pvp

Its not really that absurd, the % of players that typically just focus on PvP tends to be a rather small subset of the population, for a Story Heavy MMO like TOR, that alone will weed out even more hardcore PvPers who want want to deal with anything PvE, making the financial risk of not catering to PvPers rather small.

Just because "You have the same CC, so why not use it..." doesnt mean you should have it in the first place.

That was the OP's point.

There is WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much CC in this game to go around. With snare, roots, stuns, knockbacks, grapples... every character in this game has at least 2-3 each. Its too much.

Huttball for example, is nothing but a giant, knockback/stun fest. He who can knock people off the platform, wins. Its ridiculous.

The "Resolve" system, doesnt seem to work... and the 2 min cooldown on the CC-break just isnt good enough to compensate.

I am of the opinion that in pvp, snares, and roots are the only CC that should work on a player... no stuns, no knockbacks, nothing. What used to be a stun, should be a root... what used to be a knockback, should be a snare... thats it.

Its not really that absurd, the % of players that typically just focus on PvP tends to be a rather small subset of the population, for a Story Heavy MMO like TOR, that alone will weed out even more hardcore PvPers who want want to deal with anything PvE, making the financial risk of not catering to PvPers rather small.

This is very true, but as you can see this forum is filled with hardcore pvpers and pvp interested players with a desire for good pvp in swtor. Why would bioware not take the advantage of implementing it to maintain and get even more subs? That is their aim obviously considering it should be all mmo developers goals.

lets see. they take world pvp out of the game one of the funnest things for pvp'rs ... they give us 3 warzone.. oh so fun really gonna sub for years on end for those... its also externally unresponsive when it comes to pvp combat.. pve no so bad.. and you cant have that for pvp...

first patch talk....... PVE PVE PVE PVE... no pvp

HOLY CRAP a patch already and it doesnt do EVERYTHING that everyone wants??? I mean 4 days after launch!!!!!! MY GOD!!!

^^WoW had no pvp at launch. They have a massive hardcore pvp crowd now.

Ok you need to quit that crap. WoW was launced nearly a decade ago when most people didn't even know what PVP meant.

I'm sick of saying this, but this isn't 6-7-8 years ago, the MMO market has increased tenfold if not more since WOW was launched.

That beint said, WoW never had the luxury of any realistic examples of PVP and feature popularity, they went in blind, and they made it work, barely but there you go.

What I don't get is why SWTOR, or rather the SWTOR PVP department, aka Mythic chose to ignore these statistics and came up with... well, this.

Ok you need to quit that crap. WoW was launced nearly a decade ago when most people didn't even know what PVP meant.

I'm sick of saying this, but this isn't 6-7-8 years ago, the MMO market has increased tenfold if not more since WOW was launched.

That beint said, WoW never had the luxury of any realistic examples of PVP and feature popularity, they went in blind, and they made it work, barely but there you go.

What I don't get is why SWTOR, or rather the SWTOR PVP department, aka Mythic chose to ignore these statistics and came up with... well, this.

Just throwing this out there but maybe its possible they wanted to simply feature pvp updates after launch so they could focus on the main aspect of story? Im sure they closely discussed it with mythic and they arent that stupid but if bioware soon announced a patch that granted every one of our pvp wishes we would all go nuts, and they would maintain and get more subs. It seems dumb to me that they would implement any pvp at all if they didnt want to expand on it.

As someone who played both DAOC and Warhammer Online I would like to bow to you for fooling, possibly millions of people into thinking you had a clue on PVP design.

I was fooled too. Seems the baddies (perhaps the ones that developed New Frontiers) from mythic went to work for BW, and the goodies started up a company called PitchBlack and are working on an MMO game called DOMINUS. It looks pretty killer and the 3 faction RvR is back...yes, yes, yes!

I like the pvp in swtor. I played warhammer since launch and thought about a month after release they pretty much nailed the pvp mechanics for that game. Sure there was still some BS stuff like bomb groups, but that took skill to do as a team.

CC in this game really isn't that bad, most of it is really short and the snares/knockbacks are all about controlling positioning. Also most of the heavy stuff like stuns are on long cooldowns of 50+ seconds.

If you dont like the pvp in this game, then im not sure what to tell you. This game isn't for you? i personally think its way more fun than wows pvp, its even better than guild wars (although to be far gw pvp has not aged well).

Its good to see mythic pvp continuing and it'll be interesting to see how the rvr lake is for balance.

Though OP sounds very mad....gonna have to agree with him.

Games needs a massive revamping in the PvP department. I LIKE that they wanted to make it very different than WoW, and they still can do that - ridiculous, comedic amounts of knock backs and CC is not the way to make it a fun time.