Is Guardian more useful for the main story?

smballer

Well Guardians do tank better as Sentinels can not tank at all. All 3 trees are dps only. As far as useful, depends. I have no idea how guardians dps is if you are going that route. If you wanna tank however, guardian is your only option from the two.

I can't decide between Guardian and Sentinel..

I think Guardian tanks better, but Sentinels can wield 2 lightsabers and get stat boosts from both weapons...

Which one's more useful?

Guardian is a tank, Sentinel isn't, so there isn't much comparison there. That's like saying a Sage heals better than a Shadow. :)

The stat boost thing doesn't matter, Guardians get a stat boost from their offhand item also (either a shield generator or focus) which a Sentinel can't equip because they have a lightsaber in that slot.

It boils down to whichever you think you'd like more. Neither is better than the other.

The Sentinels dps is far greater than the Guardians just because dps is the only thing a Sentinel can do...from my own experience when it comes to the story quests it may become difficult at times to solo while playing as a Sentinel because we're sorta squishy, you could always have T7 tank but if you're a fan of Kira like me than tanking tough story bosses can cause a bit of nerd rage and thousands of credits spent on stims and medpacs.

If your looking for a hardcore dps class with excellent raid buffs than go Sentinel.

If you want amazing tanking abilities and more flexibility in your class than go Guardian.