Arsenal or Pyro for leveling?

bowdagger

I realize this gets brought up a lot, but I'm looking for the most current take on this one. lvl 24 bounty hunter that I haven't played since the skill trees reset, which spec is best for leveling, Arsenal or Pyro?

I realize this gets brought up a lot, but I'm looking for the most current take on this one. lvl 24 bounty hunter that I haven't played since the skill trees reset, which spec is best for leveling, Arsenal or Pyro?

You can reset skill trees at any time by talking to a guy in the combat training area of fleet (on the outer edge), or from anywhere if you buy the character perk from your legacy pane.

Both trees are good. Pyro has higher single target dps and slightly higher aoe potential (unless it's short-lived aoe). Arsenal applies an armor debuff and is better at switching targets.

My recommendations, to try the key points of both as you level:

Levels 20-26: Arsenal gets grav round. Start with this tree at level 20 and go up the arsenal tree

Levels 27-36: Pyro gets ionic accelerator (with no pushback on power shot), starting with this tree and going up the pyro tree (note the 2 points in arsenal).

Levels 37-46: Arsenal gets barrage. Start with this tree at level 37. Put your next three points in "advanced targeting" in the pyro tree, then keep going up the arsenal tree. (You can hold off on this till level 40 if you want to wait for barrage + advanced targeting.)

Levels 47+: Pyro gets thermal detonator (with no pushback on power shot).

As you get to max level, try both again in the mid-50's or at 55. The trees I gave take the "slows" in the two trees (the alternatives are fairly minor skills), but in a pve raid environment, slows are worthless, so you'd skip them in that setting at max level.

Edited by cxten

You can reset skill trees at any time by talking to a guy in the combat training area of fleet (on the outer edge), or from anywhere if you buy the character perk from your legacy pane.

Both trees are good. Pyro has higher single target dps and slightly higher aoe potential (unless it's short-lived aoe). Arsenal applies an armor debuff and is better at switching targets.

My recommendations, to try the key points of both as you level:

Levels 20-26: Arsenal gets grav round. Start with this tree at level 20 and go up the arsenal tree

Levels 27-36: Pyro gets ionic accelerator (with no pushback on power shot), starting with this tree and going up the pyro tree (note the 2 points in arsenal).

Levels 37-46: Arsenal gets barrage. Start with this tree at level 37. Put your next three points in "advanced targeting" in the pyro tree, then keep going up the arsenal tree. (You can hold off on this till level 40 if you want to wait for barrage + advanced targeting.)

Levels 47+: Pyro gets thermal detonator (with no pushback on power shot).

As you get to max level, try both again in the mid-50's or at 55. The trees I gave take the "slows" in the two trees (the alternatives are fairly minor skills), but in a pve raid environment, slows are worthless, so you'd skip them in that setting at max level.

+1, very well thought out, I agree.

cxten gave you some excellent advice. For me, more simply, and from a lvl 44 perspective, I tested both DPS builds and found that Arsenal was more fun, but Pyro was more consistent with damage, both aoe and single target.