Jedi Guardians?

InspectorBatman

Depends what sort of PvP you want to do.

In a team, guardians are great (once you get the skills set), you're not going to be the one with the huge kill tally, but you will enable your team to win the day. Guarding others, force freezing and taunting the bad guys is satisfying.

If you want to go lone-wolf hunting Imps then (imo) you are looking at the wrong class. Or at least, I can't figure it out - seems to me that the ranged classes hold all the aces in that department.

If someone can explain to me how you're actually supposed to hold a ranged player inside melee range long enough to worry them I'd appreciate it, because right now my (L34 defense spec) guardian is a bundle of fail when it comes to Imp agents / Sith sorcs. You just can't get close enough for long enough and you can't do enough damage in the short time you have before they push you away. (I don't go looking for them, but they see a guardian solo and dive in for an easy kill)

Edited by Cybermeister

If someone can explain to me how you're actually supposed to hold a ranged player inside melee range long enough to worry them I'd appreciate it

The simple answer is that right now you aren't supposed to because Jedi Guardians are obviously underpowered. That is actually why I am not too concerned about it, because it's so obvious that I refuse to believe the developers haven't recognized it and aren't going to fix it. If the imbalance were subtle I would worry, but the game just launched and the unreasonable weaknesses of the jedi guardian are so obvious I don't see how they won't be fixed.

Edited by Rhesus

If you spec into the defense tree, you can make force stasis a 3 second instant with no channel but you don't have a lot of other options. You can also use your freezing force to slow their movement. Outside of skills you can also try and get a Cybertech to make cryo type grenades to freeze or slow movement as well. You aren't just limited to your class abilities, you know.

As far as PvP effectiveness, your taunts are crazy good. They really destroy enemy damage if they aren't attacking you so if you do Challenging Call in a huge teamfight and hide in the group so you won't be targetted, you can allow your team to get ahead and take a point/score the ball/plant the bomb

The simple answer is that right now you aren't supposed to because Jedi Guardians are obviously underpowered. That is actually why I am not too concerned about it, because it's so obvious that I refuse to believe the developers haven't recognized it and aren't going to fix it. If the imbalance were subtle I would worry, but the game just launched and the unreasonable weaknesses of the jedi guardian are so obvious I don't see how they won't be fixed.

i have no issues doing this. I hit a rough spot bteween 21-24, but that was it.

if possible, i save force leap. I don't use it to open if i have a clean no-damage run into the sorc. I do damage, let them push me, then i use force leap. I use kick and force stasis as interrupts for healing or other dangerous abilities.

I save and time push either for emergency interrupts or for when force leap refreshes and then i combo push+leap+master-strike.

1v1, i have no issues with any class except shadow/assassin - and even then, they typically drop fairly easily, but the really good ones are hard to beat.

btw, healing spec bounty hunters take forever to kill, so make sure you time your abilities properly. if at all possible, save all your big-hitters for the end. if the BH waits until 30% to start healing, make sure you burn all your abilities to keep that from happening cause BH healers seem ridiculous at my current level (27)

Yeah this is how you do it. Don't leap the sorcerer, he will just knock you back and pump you full of lightning. Just run up to him, wait for the knockback, and then do your leap.

I am not high enough level yet to have most of the coolest tools, but I can reliably dish out lots of pain on squishies. I have a harder time versus higher level Juggernauts and Marauders.