Powertech endgame tanking

BBriggs

Will Powertechs be good enough tanks to tank operations? I know we shouldn't make comparisons to WoW, but in this way we can. My guild always would take a warrior or paladin tank over a bear tank. Is that how its going to be with Powertechs and Sith Juggarnauts? Juggs being the warriors/paladins and Powertechs being bears.

Will Powertechs be good enough tanks to tank operations? I know we shouldn't make comparisons to WoW, but in this way we can. My guild always would take a warrior or paladin tank over a bear tank. Is that how its going to be with Powertechs and Sith Juggarnauts? Juggs being the warriors/paladins and Powertechs being bears.

BH is more akin to a Paladin, Juggernauts are Warriors and Assassins are Bears.

That is of course, a very, very, loose generalisation.

Edit: To answer the question simply. Yes, we can tank anything at end game if your gear is the correct level, and you are good enough for the content.

Edited by Elicas

A lot of people seem to like BH over Juggs and Assassins purely b/c they don't take as much spike damage due to higher chance to shield. So that means healing them is a little more predictable. Besides that, they have really good mitigation, strong AoE and decent CDs. However every class is endgame tank viable so pick one you like. I mainly picked BH b/c I liked their skillset more as a tank.

So far I have seen enough conflicting opinions about which tanks are "better" that they are probably fairly well balanced. I certainly wouldn't worry about not being picked to tank something because you are a Powertech.

As a general rule of thumb, BH's are best at trash pulls and bosses with adds, Juggernauts are best for Single target bosses and Assassins sit somewhere in the middle as jack of all trades.