Need Dev Input Please - Orange Items - Can Your RE Puples to Get Orange Schematics

pblenis

If anyone has a link where this has been answered.

1. Can crew skills eventually make orange items by reverse engineering Purple items.

I've seen two different answers three different times on this board (no search yet).

As it stands since orange are modable all the way up to 50, what is the point of crafting if all anyone needs to do is get a set of orange gear and just bye the mods.

Yes making mods will make money but not all that much.

If anyone has a link where this has been answered.

1. Can crew skills eventually make orange items by reverse engineering Purple items.

I've seen two different answers three different times on this board (no search yet).

As it stands since orange are modable all the way up to 50, what is the point of crafting if all anyone needs to do is get a set of orange gear and just bye the mods.

Yes making mods will make money but not all that much.

I'd imagine it'd be blues if anything, no? Oranges are considered the same quality as blues, unless I'm mistaken.

A dev post had suggested that crafters would be able to learn empty orange items for basically all armor art you might find on green and blue items in the game.

What hasn't been made clear is how we get these items. The OP had the same idea that I had, that you learn them form RE purples, but I don't know this to be a fact.